PDA

View Full Version : Editor Documentation

Gabriel
May 4th, 2001, 01:33 AM
I cannont reiterate enough..PLEASE incorporate some documentation for the AC 3.0 editor. Though it may seem self explanitory to the game designers, others might not understand some things.

My question: What size .bmp picture does the AC 3.0 use? When I use my .bmp background images, AC 3.0 will stretch them out to fill the background. In doing so, they are distorting them. I would like to know what the correct size .bmp is so that the game doesn't have to resize it on it's own.

WendellM
May 5th, 2001, 04:15 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>My question: What size .bmp picture does the AC 3.0 use? When I use my .bmp background images, AC 3.0 will stretch them out to fill the background.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

After a little playing around, I have your answer. To avoid rescaling, use a 686x686 bitmap for 1024x768 maps and a 539x539 one for 800x600 maps.

Wendell

Strider
May 6th, 2001, 12:54 AM
Also, I've used MS PhotoDraw (comes with one of the Office 2000 Versions) to load my pictures, then used the cut/copy control and chosen the 'circle'...so far, it's worked for both the backgrounds I've used without any resizeing.