PDA

View Full Version : DO bugs that will hopefully be patched..

David E. Gervais
November 1st, 2003, 12:32 PM
If you know of any bugs that you think should be patched, post them here. I'll repost them in the beta forum.

Cheers!

P.S. I already posted this report..

Originally posted by henk brouwer:
Hmm I could think of a number of bugs that need fixing.. Maybe we could make a list of those so someone could post them in the beta-forum. here's a couple that I could quickly remember:

-spell effect stacking bug : skills/spells that increase statistics of the caster can be cast multiple times for an additive effect. ( casting lvl I barkskin several times will give 95% protection for 20 seconds) it would be more logical if the time limit would stack instead of the other values, so casting barkskin five times would give 20% protection for 100 seconds.

-Broken scrollbars: The scrollbars in some windows don't work (quest window, load tile window in tilegenerator, possibly others)

-summoned monsters summoned monsters won't attack monsters that are summoned by enemies.

-Statgenerator utility is broken The Statgenerator utility doesn't work with 1.06 files. It refuses to load monster.txt files with "anchored 3 squares" (and likely other movement types that were added in 1.06) it also refuses to load item.txt files with glyps and/or orbs.

-Text windows The text windows that pop up after completing a quest should pause the game.

Then there are ofcourse many fields in the datafiles that have not been implemented. Especially the missing quest options would make a good addition. <font size="2" face="sans-serif, arial, verdana">

[ November 01, 2003, 10:33: Message edited by: David E. Gervais ]

henk brouwer
November 2nd, 2003, 01:37 PM
Another possible bug:

I've found this neat battle-axe wich among other nice things has a "21% chance to make monsters flee" but it does not seem to do much. Ocassionally (in far less than 21% of cases, more likely 2.1%) a monster that has been hit wil get a "panicked" ability listed with it's other abilities, but it's behaviour doesn't change, it just keeps attacking. Can someone confirm this?

[ November 02, 2003, 11:38: Message edited by: henk brouwer ]