PDA

View Full Version : Strange bug...

Executron
October 22nd, 2003, 08:27 PM
I think i discovered a bug...

ok... i have uncovered 2 situations:

1. I was playing the Demo and came across that mission when i had to destroy the Amon'kire ships (2 destroyers and a Cruiser). Having only a level 1 destroyer i decided to take some jobs in order to get some credits... ok.. i got a level 2 destroyer a few jobs later and when i entered the system...surprise!... i couldn't find the Amonkrie ships ANYWHERE... i searched the whole system for 20-25 minutes until giving up... the ships were simply not there.

2. In the final missions in the full game, where i had to kill the Sithrak starbase...
OK... i go there kill the other ships around in the system.
I aproach the ship and noticed that i had NO chance of taking it out other than getting some long range misslies or something...
As i didn't find any long range weapon (torp or beam )i exited the system and came back a few minutes later after buying the necessary weapons.
Surprise again!... the base wasn't there!... again i made a sweep of the system and the base was simply missing...
As i wanted to finish the game i loaded an early savegame redoing some missions and buying the LR weapons. Still i think that future players be spared of this... unpleasant event...

P.S. Sorry for any gramatical mistackes (i'm from Romania)

[ October 22, 2003, 19:27: Message edited by: Executron ]

Phoenix-D
October 22nd, 2003, 09:17 PM
In both cases, are you sure the time limit didn't expire? That could explain the first one, though for the second that would be a bit strange..

Executron
October 22nd, 2003, 09:34 PM
No the tima had not expired in the first one (as it did not have time limit) and not in the second one

Renegade 13
October 23rd, 2003, 03:03 AM
I've found the same problem. Once I entered a system going after some Amonkrie ships, decided I didnt' have good enough weapons, left the system to upgrade my ship. When I came back, no Amonkrie ships. Anywhere. And no the time limit hadn't expired. Was kinda a pain. Luckily I always keep a backup savegame, so it wasnt' too bad.