PDA

View Full Version : Changing Weapon Arcs?

PhantomVoid
November 4th, 2003, 07:48 PM
I know how to change the weapon arcs but I don't understand why the new arcs show up fine in the ship dealer window but after i purchase the ship and go to the space dock all the arcs go back to the game default.....why is this....please some one tell me what to do....

Ed Kolis
November 4th, 2003, 07:52 PM
There are settings for firing arcs in both SpaceObjects_XFiles.txt and Main_PurchaseShipsPlayer.txt; do your settings in both of those match?

Rollo
November 4th, 2003, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by Ed Kolis:
There are settings for firing arcs in both SpaceObjects_XFiles.txt and Main_PurchaseShipsPlayer.txt; do your settings in both of those match? <font size="2" face="sans-serif, arial, verdana">correction:
arcs are defined in SpaceObjects and ComponentConfigurationSlot(player/enemy) files

PhantomVoid
November 4th, 2003, 10:05 PM
That's exactly what I did'nt do the X-files....thanks so much for your help

Suicide Junkie
November 4th, 2003, 10:08 PM
As of the current patch, the spaceobject_xfile definitions override the definitions in the slotconfiguration file.

Easiest way is to copy one of the xfile entries and give it a new roman numeral in the name or a revision letter or somesuch. Change the arcs there, and have you purchaseship use that new xfile hull plan.