PDA

View Full Version : Two issues with demo

apoger
October 28th, 2003, 01:06 AM
#1 Pythium using 'serpent cult' pay a higher gold cost for Hydras than standard Pythium. This seems backwards.

#2 When taking 'desert tombs' for C'tis I start with a tomb priest, but otherwise there seems to be no difference between this and regular C'tis. Aren't there supposed to be recruitable tomb priests and kings? Or other differences for this very pricey theme?

johan osterman
October 28th, 2003, 01:25 AM
Originally posted by apoger:
#1 Pythium using 'serpent cult' pay a higher gold cost for Hydras than standard Pythium. This seems backwards.

#2 When taking 'desert tombs' for C'tis I start with a tomb priest, but otherwise there seems to be no difference between this and regular C'tis. Aren't there supposed to be recruitable tomb priests and kings? Or other differences for this very pricey theme? <font size="2" face="sans-serif, arial, verdana">1# Serpent cult has holy hydras. Therefore they are more expensive. They also have holy serpent cataphracts that are only recruitable in the capital.

2# Desert tombs starts out with a set of spells for summoning unholy undead priests. The thus summonable tomb king can reanimate tomb wyrms as well as a set of more common undeads.

Pocus
October 28th, 2003, 08:38 AM
not an issue, but I wanted to say congratulations for the new legionaries of Pythium. They are darn cool!

I have issue with the tac combat (low fps) but the main map and interface are really great! thanks again for this new Version of doms !

Johan K
October 28th, 2003, 10:31 AM
A hint to speed up the battle replay. Press w to turn on/off the background.

Chris Byler
October 28th, 2003, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by johan osterman:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="sans-serif, arial, verdana">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="sans-serif, arial, verdana">Originally posted by apoger:

#2 When taking 'desert tombs' for C'tis I start with a tomb priest, but otherwise there seems to be no difference between this and regular C'tis. Aren't there supposed to be recruitable tomb priests and kings? Or other differences for this very pricey theme? <font size="2" face="sans-serif, arial, verdana">1# Serpent cult has holy hydras. Therefore they are more expensive. They also have holy serpent cataphracts that are only recruitable in the capital.

2# Desert tombs starts out with a set of spells for summoning unholy undead priests. The thus summonable tomb king can reanimate tomb wyrms as well as a set of more common undeads. </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="sans-serif, arial, verdana">Holy hydras Batman! http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/icons/icon10.gif

And here I was just thinking that black hunters were going to give the KoC a run for their money as most powerful sacred troops...

Machaka isn't just zulus riding spiders, it's zulus riding sacred spiders the size of elephants. http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/icons/icon6.gif

As for desert tombs: so they have national summons like Dom I Ermor, but without the killer dominion, and still get all the troops of normal C'tis too? Impressive. I'll have to check it out.

Psitticine
October 29th, 2003, 05:44 AM
One of the most pitched games I've played yet was Marignon against Machaka. The spiders and the knights clashed time after time after time, and it was a beautiful carnage, let me tell you . . .

I was finally undone by the mages of Machaka, but they paid for every province they took with gallons of spider ichor . . .