PDA

View Full Version : too few sacred troops?

onomastikon
January 21st, 2004, 07:39 PM
Hello, I am wondering about priestly power, blessing, and sacred troops.

At least in the races I have played so far, I find there are too few sacred troops out there. There seems to be just ONE sacred unit in the game that is not a priest itself. So what is the point of blessing and going for those neat +4/+9 goodies? (NOT a rhetorical question.) Is blessing supposed to be self-referential? Or are we supposed to "mass" that one sacred unit for a "priest squad"?
thanks for your input

aldin
January 21st, 2004, 08:20 PM
"Bless Effects" is a particular game style better suited to some nations than others. Take a look at Mictlan for a nation that often lives or dies on it's bless effects. Ulm (standard) on the other hand doesn't have a single sacred unit (except the prophet).

Personally, I like to keep sacred units in a seperate "stack" from other units (to bunch them together for the bless effect), but in an army that has more expendable, cheaper stuff to soak up damage.

~Aldin

Teraswaerto
January 21st, 2004, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by onomastikon:
Or are we supposed to "mass" that one sacred unit for a "priest squad"?
thanks for your input <font size="2" face="sans-serif, arial, verdana">Pretty much. Even so it can be very effective, especially early on. Keep making the maximum amount of that sacred unit every turn.

[ January 21, 2004, 18:21: Message edited by: Teraswaerto ]