PDA

View Full Version : MP Game - Modded nations only

Graeme Dice
June 18th, 2004, 12:13 AM
I'd like to start a new game that will actually use some of the modded nations that people have developed out there. The basic settings will be my standard ones.

Independents 6
Magic sites 50%
15 heroes
Renaming on
Karan map.

The other rule is that your nation must not be one of those included with the game. The mod must first be cleared with me, but most of those that are available should be okay. I myself will be playing the Broken Empire of Ermor with my Thaumaturg mod. The other modification that will be used to start is that the Moloch will have its auto-spawning imps removed.

Scott Hebert
June 18th, 2004, 12:19 AM
You can remove the Moloch's Imp problem in a mod? How do you do that (for his sake and for the others as well)? Can you add auto-generation (per turn, not per battle) to a Pretender as well?

And if anyone wants to use my Blood Arco mod, Graeme, will you allow it?

Graeme Dice
June 18th, 2004, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by Scott Hebert:
You can remove the Moloch's Imp problem in a mod? How do you do that (for his sake and for the others as well)? Can you add auto-generation (per turn, not per battle) to a Pretender as well?<font size="2" face="sans-serif, arial, verdana">You remove the imps by using the #clear command and then rebuilding the stats of the Moloch. I don't think there is any way to add auto-generation per turn or with a "summon allies" command currently.

And if anyone wants to use my Blood Arco mod, Graeme, will you allow it? <font size="2" face="sans-serif, arial, verdana">I'd have to have the mod itself, but if it just changes the 2 astral on the mystics to 2 blood then it's definetly a worthwhile candidate.

Scott Hebert
June 18th, 2004, 01:10 AM
You remove the imps by using the #clear command and then rebuilding the stats of the Moloch. I don't think there is any way to add auto-generation per turn or with a "summon allies" command currently.<font size="2" face="sans-serif, arial, verdana">Ah, neat. So you can solve all of the 'Pretender problems' with mods. Interesting. But don't you find the Moloch to be a little _too_ powerful without the Imp drawback?

I'd have to have the mod itself, but if it just changes the 2 astral on the mystics to 2 blood then it's definetly a worthwhile candidate. <font size="2" face="sans-serif, arial, verdana">It does the following:

1. Switch out Astral on Mystic for Blood.
2. Switch out Nature on Priestess for Blood.
3. Lower 3 Random on Mystic to 2 Random, fix Random picks in one field.

It should be able to be used with either theme. I could also switch out Orokestes's Astral with Blood, if you want.

Norfleet
June 18th, 2004, 01:20 AM
But don't you find the Moloch to be a little _too_ powerful without the Imp drawback?<font size="2" face="sans-serif, arial, verdana">The Moloch is SUPPOSED to be that powerful, given his chassis cost. The Imps are supposed to be a BENEFIT, but due to the vagaries of the system, have instead become a drawback. Somewhere, Illwinter is laughing.

Graeme Dice
June 18th, 2004, 01:50 AM
But don't you find the Moloch to be a little _too_ powerful without the Imp drawback?<font size="2" face="sans-serif, arial, verdana">He's more expensive than the prince of death, and has better stats, but also has a base encumbrance of 1.

3. Lower 3 Random on Mystic to 2 Random, fix Random picks in one field.<font size="2" face="sans-serif, arial, verdana">I'm not sure about this one, since only kings of the deep normally get that benefit.

It should be able to be used with either theme. I could also switch out Orokestes's Astral with Blood, if you want.<font size="2" face="sans-serif, arial, verdana">That would be good.

Gandalf Parker
June 18th, 2004, 01:54 AM
doesnt PoD have a massively higher fear rating?

Scott Hebert
June 18th, 2004, 02:25 AM
Originally posted by Graeme Dice:
He's more expensive than the prince of death, and has better stats, but also has a base encumbrance of 1.<font size="2" face="sans-serif, arial, verdana">There are ways you can do point-to-point, but I'm much more afraid of the Moloch than the PoD.

I'm not sure about this one, since only kings of the deep normally get that benefit.<font size="2" face="sans-serif, arial, verdana">Well, we can go back to the statistics, but the removal of 1 random pick does hurt, even before you look at the statistics. From my experience playing the mod, it doesn't change much.

That would be good. <font size="2" face="sans-serif, arial, verdana">All right. Do you recall if Daidolos gets Astral? I don't think so, but I need to double-check.

The only other modification is to replace the starting sites with sites for 1 gem of each elemental type (only 4 total). That would also remove the Astrologer and the Heart Companion, and all of the Golden Era Capital troops (IIRC).

Norfleet
June 18th, 2004, 05:30 AM
There are ways you can do point-to-point, but I'm much more afraid of the Moloch than the PoD.<font size="2" face="sans-serif, arial, verdana">No, you're not. The Moloch is a mere Cause Fear +0. The PoD is Cause Fear +10, and that's before taking into account his Death magic!

As for actual performance, the Moloch has one fatal flaw: The fact that you don't need to be capable of beating him to actually kill him: You just need to slaughter his imps, a fairly trivial task, given that they uncontrollably rush forwards and die, and the Moloch routs. You can do the rest.

The POD lacks such an glaring weakness, unless he's been sitting in a province and has spawned longdeads as a result, which can then be killed to force a rout....but longdeads, unlike imps, do not fly directly into harm's way, and the POD will not be encumbered by any longdeads while attacking.

JJ_Colorado
June 18th, 2004, 06:36 AM
Hi,

I'd like to try the "devils" mod. I think it's for Marignon. I haven't played it so have no idea if it's ok. Let me know if it's a bad choice.

Thanks,
John

Graeme Dice
June 18th, 2004, 07:46 AM
Originally posted by JJ_Colorado:
I'd like to try the "devils" mod. I think it's for Marignon. I haven't played it so have no idea if it's ok. Let me know if it's a bad choice.<font size="2" face="sans-serif, arial, verdana">The Devils Lair mod for Abysia on Illwinter's website is fine. However, it would be a good idea to play several test games with any mod you plan to use before comitting to a MP game with it.

Skolem
June 18th, 2004, 08:55 AM
I would like to play Lhynn, it's a mod from Sube, Black moon chronicle, for Pythium. Would it be ok, I' m not sure if it is balanced for MP game, I think knight of the light was not. But as a newbi, I don't feel sure about what is balanced and what not.

Skolem

P.S. would be the game a PBEM or TCP/IP ?

[ June 18, 2004, 07:58: Message edited by: Skolem ]

Cohen
June 18th, 2004, 10:25 AM
I'd like to play my knightly mod.
If it is impossibile due to unbalance, I'd like to try the Knights of Light mod.

Teraswaerto
June 18th, 2004, 02:09 PM
I'd like to join as Hoburg Alliance Special Edition.

Graeme Dice
June 18th, 2004, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by Cohen:
I'd like to play my knightly mod.
If it is impossibile due to unbalance, I'd like to try the Knights of Light mod. <font size="2" face="sans-serif, arial, verdana">You can't play your knightly mod, since it is incredibly unbalanced, the knights of light are fine.

Graeme Dice
June 18th, 2004, 10:44 PM
The current nation list is:

Graeme: Ermor/Thaumaturg
Cohen: Marignon/Knights of Light
Teraswaerto: Ulm/Hoburg Alliance SE
JJ_Colorade: Abysia/Devil's Lair
Skolem: Pythium/Skolem(Once I grab a copy)

Just five more players. I'd suggest the Ashikaga mod as one that should be included as well.

Cohen
June 18th, 2004, 10:50 PM
I've seen the Kami and False Dawn mod, but they seem really poor as Mods, Kami for poor graphic, while False Down seems really weak.

We can ask to some finnish to lend the Calrea races already done.

JJ_Colorado
June 19th, 2004, 01:07 AM
Graeme - would you be kind enough to list the publicly available mods that you know are available?

Thanks
John

Graeme Dice
June 19th, 2004, 01:27 AM
This post lists those mods that I am currently aware of:

Broken Empire Ermor Thaumaturgs.
Hoburg Alliance
Hoburg Alliance - Special Edition
Trollheim
Ulm Punk
Ashikaga Shogunate
Devils Lair (This one screws up devil summons for other people)
False Dawn (A bit of work needed)
Kami Mod (some balance needed)
Black Moon Chronicles Lhynn
Black Moon Chronicles Knights of Light

[ June 23, 2004, 20:09: Message edited by: Graeme Dice ]

JJ_Colorado
June 19th, 2004, 03:12 AM
Hi,

I haven't played the Kami nor the Devil's Lair mods and am thinking about playing one of them (I'm currently signed up for Devil's Lair) in this game. Does anyone have opinions/thoughts on these two mods?

The disorder in the home province caused by Devil's Lair seems rough.

The high cost and low magic potential of the Kami mod seems like a big disadvantage but the flying dragons seem pretty nice in actual melee combat due to high attack and defence values. Other thoughts?

Thanks,
John

Skolem
June 22nd, 2004, 05:32 PM
Hi, I' still a newbi but it seems to me that no one want to plays this game anymore, could we make a dead line where we would start the game maybe on a smaller map to that date?

Skolem

P.S. Graeme do you have tested Lhynn?
will it be ok if I play them?

[ June 22, 2004, 16:33: Message edited by: Skolem ]

Cohen
June 22nd, 2004, 05:59 PM
Devil Lair and Trollheim IIRC both get the Abysyan slot.
However if we really need to use both of them we can change only the Nations it takes.

Cainehill
June 22nd, 2004, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by Skolem:
Hi, I' still a newbi but it seems to me that no one want to plays this game anymore, could we make a dead line where we would start the game maybe on a smaller map to that date?
<font size="2" face="sans-serif, arial, verdana">I still don't have my minimal quota of games, so I'll join in. I need to look at a couple of the mods (ashikawa, Kami, False Dawn, CainehillWins http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/icons/icon12.gif ) but I'll post my choice sometime tonight so the game can get started if desired.

Graeme Dice
June 22nd, 2004, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by Skolem:
P.S. Graeme do you have tested Lhynn?
will it be ok if I play them? <font size="2" face="sans-serif, arial, verdana">Where would I be able to find this particular mod?

Skolem
June 22nd, 2004, 07:35 PM
Where would I be able to find this particular mod? <font size="2" face="sans-serif, arial, verdana">It's in Liga's web page
http://arrakis.unimo.it/~ligabue/dom2/mods
further information are in the Black moon chr. Thread

Skolem

Cainehill
June 23rd, 2004, 04:15 AM
Couple of these mods need some tweaks. For instance, False Dawn has a commander with no name (from the description it's a Dream Stalker) which, worse, appears like it's supposed to be ethereal but currently isn't. The description also indicates he's supposed to have a real dagger for a weapon, but he's armed with a fist.

Kami has multiple kitsune troops (Kitsune black and white fox units) with different descriptions, differing resource costs, but identical stats and equipment. Also - a 10 point cost pretender chassis (God of Spirits and Magic) that starts with 30 hit points, 3 Astral, 3 Death, and new paths for 10 points. Slightly unbalanced, it seems to me.

So ... I'll lay claim to Ashikaga for this game - the other two look interesting, but Ashikaga appears polished.

[ June 23, 2004, 03:18: Message edited by: Cainehill ]

Graeme Dice
June 23rd, 2004, 06:10 AM
Here's the current player list. If nobody has any other good mods that they'd like to try out, then we could get started fairly soon.

JJ_Colorade: Abysia/Devil's Lair
Skolem: Pythium/Lhynn
Cainehill: T'ien C'Hi/Ashikaga

1000yd_stare
June 23rd, 2004, 06:09 PM
A couple points about the Kami mod: there is a difference between the two foxes - black has a chance of doing an entrapment/tangle vines effect during combat, and the white one has a chance of cursing. I inferred this in their write ups, not stating it straight out, following illwinters style.

And yes, the god is shamefully overpowered. That is because I was just checking out all the features; I myself would not recommend using him either. As I recall, he also produces a couple astrals a turn as well!

True, the graphics stink. I am not an artist, and am sure someone could come up with better. But I had a lot of fun creating that mod, and encourage anyone who has an idea to do one as well.

[ June 23, 2004, 17:12: Message edited by: 1000yd_stare ]

Graeme Dice
June 23rd, 2004, 09:07 PM
Is there anybody that's interested in playing the blood arco mod?

Also, there is a problem with the Devil's lair mod in that it gives a cost to the various demons, which means that they will now require upkeep when summoned.

[ June 23, 2004, 20:11: Message edited by: Graeme Dice ]

Cainehill
June 24th, 2004, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by 1000yd_stare:
A couple points about the Kami mod: there is a difference between the two foxes - black has a chance of doing an entrapment/tangle vines effect during combat, and the white one has a chance of cursing. I inferred this in their write ups, not stating it straight out, following illwinters style.
<font size="2" face="sans-serif, arial, verdana">Ah. I saw that the descriptive text was different, but thought that it was Illwinter's other style - writing things up in the flavor text that don't actually have any effect in the game. http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/icons/icon12.gif

And yes, the god is shamefully overpowered. That is because I was just checking out all the features; I myself would not recommend using him either. As I recall, he also produces a couple astrals a turn as well!
<font size="2" face="sans-serif, arial, verdana">Does he? I knew I should have played the Kami mod! http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/icons/icon12.gif The pretender was what almost convinced me to play the theme, but honor got the better of me. Looks like it could be fun to play in SP, but not quite fair for MP. (Then again, all is fair in love and war, so ... )

The dragons and ... shrines looked interesting too, but - 4 katanas all with an attack rating of 3 (or 4)? Struck me they might be able to hit some undead, or things that had been entangled or were unconscious, but otherwise would become exhausted fast without hitting anything. Maybe with a fire-9 blessing - were they sacred? Then again - they're meant for casting.

All in all, it looked interesting - just not quite right for MP. Hmmm. Maybe on the Kitsune, you could give each a new attack / weapon, so that the descriptive text on the weapon mentions chance of curse / entangle?

True, the graphics stink. I am not an artist, and am sure someone could come up with better. But I had a lot of fun creating that mod, and encourage anyone who has an idea to do one as well. <font size="2" face="sans-serif, arial, verdana">I didn't say a word about the graphics - I know I'd do _far_ worse. http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/icons/icon12.gif Hmmm. Maybe I should do a mod, while I'm still between jobs - mod the Jotuns for Ragnarok, with the Fenris Wolf, Midgard Serpent, and Loki all as either heroes or pretender chassis's. The evil giants of Norse mythology, destined to kill the gods, eat the sun, and have the world as street pizza. http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/icons/icon7.gif

JJ_Colorado
June 24th, 2004, 10:26 PM
Hi Graeme,

Pls drop me from the game (JJ_Colorado). I was signed up for Devil's Lair and the upkeep becomes horrible especially with unrest being produced quickly in the capitol. I'm in enough games anyway.

Thank you, and hopefully someone will take Trollheim to fill that Abysia slot. http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/icons/icon7.gif

Regds,
John

Graeme Dice
June 24th, 2004, 10:29 PM
Here's the current player list. I'd still like to get a player for both Trollheim and Blood Arco. I'll get the mods that will be used sent out to everyone by Saturday anyways.

1000yd_stare: Abysia/Trollheim

[ June 24, 2004, 22:00: Message edited by: Graeme Dice ]

1000yd_stare
June 24th, 2004, 10:45 PM
Sign me up for the trollhiem in abysia. I take it that I can get the mod off the illwinter site, the TROLLS mod?

And what is the frequency of turns?

1000yd_stare
June 24th, 2004, 10:47 PM
oh, and i'll tweak the description in the kami mod. You werent the one who mentioned something about the images, and in truth I can't remember now. But my experience with paint shop pro is quite limited.
http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/icons/icon10.gif

Graeme Dice
June 24th, 2004, 11:06 PM
Sign me up for the trollhiem in abysia. I take it that I can get the mod off the illwinter site, the TROLLS mod?<font size="2" face="sans-serif, arial, verdana">That's correct.

And what is the frequency of turns?<font size="2" face="sans-serif, arial, verdana">48 hr quickhost.

Graeme Dice
June 27th, 2004, 01:08 AM
Okay. I've now made up a file that contains the mods that will be used in this game.

The players will be:

1000yd_stare: Abysia/Trollheim

The file is available here:

Modded Nations Mods (http://homepage.usask.ca/~gdd851/Modded_Nations_Mods.zip)

And the server is at:
68.148.43.237 port 5555

Make sure that you have every one of the included mods enabled when you are creating your pretender.

Cainehill
June 27th, 2004, 02:42 AM
The link to the zip file (or the zip file itself) seems to be bad - neither of my browsers was able to download anything approximating a zip.

Graeme Dice
June 27th, 2004, 03:27 AM
I've replaced the file now, and it should work.

1000yd_stare
June 27th, 2004, 02:43 PM
a small problem. I upload my pretender, and say controlled by me, but when I enter my password, it says wrong password, I see the 'flag' screen for a second, asks me my password again, and then dies.
Im trying to work it from my angle..

now I dont get the modded nations, and pythium is still not in there either.

[ June 27, 2004, 13:49: Message edited by: 1000yd_stare ]

Graeme Dice
June 27th, 2004, 04:43 PM
Oh bloody hell. I gave you guys the wrong port. You want port 11111. Port 5555 already has a game running on it. http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/icons/icon9.gif

1000yd_stare
June 27th, 2004, 04:55 PM
ok, I uploaded my god, and disconnected. FYI, its still showing up as abysia instead of trollhiem.
Thanks! http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/icons/icon10.gif

Cainehill
June 27th, 2004, 06:43 PM
Looks like there's conflicts between the mods.

With the other mods enabled, Ashikawa's spearmen wind up having ... fists; the swordsmen wind up having talons for weapons in place of katanas.

So, I guess I'll bow out - everyone else might want to check their modded nations with and without the other mods enabled, to see if they're also nailed by different mods using the same weapon / armor / unit numbers.

Good luck.

1000yd_stare
June 27th, 2004, 08:05 PM
I seem to be ok so far; I have a test game with all the modded races, and I have encounter no problems as trollhiem.

Graeme Dice
June 27th, 2004, 10:21 PM
I've fixed the bugs in the Hoburg Alliance mod that that were causing the problems with weapons and the "Great Rainmaker" pretender, and have uploaded it here:

Hoburg Alliance Fixed mod (http://homepage.usask.ca/~gdd851/hoburg_S.dm)

Skolem
June 27th, 2004, 10:46 PM
I checked my empire with the different Mods and it worked well, I did it to for ashikaga and it seems correct to. I think what we are trying isn't thought from the devs in the beginning so it's a little experimental but if it function, new fun games with mods will be started as people see it function.
I have a Last question does I have to activate the mods we are playing with and only them when I logged in the next time(I did it at the preender creation and when I submit my god), or will they be activated automatically?
Thanks
Skolem

Cainehill
June 27th, 2004, 11:13 PM
Cool - the changes to the Hoburg mod put my weapons back. No Samurai Swordsmen with talons, no bare handed Spearmen. http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/icons/icon7.gif Askikawa pretender uploaded.

And - when you connect to / play a game, it'll turn the mods on for you. If you go to create a new game / god, you might have to turn the mods _off_ though.

Skolem
June 28th, 2004, 01:23 AM
I created a god and wanted to submit it but Pythium/ Lhynn isn't
part of the open nations.

Skolem

Cainehill
June 29th, 2004, 04:32 PM
(bump) Is this game still happening? Four pretenders out of six uploaded and ready to go, but it's been several days now.

Graeme Dice
June 29th, 2004, 04:35 PM
The game is still happening. I'm just waiting for Cohen's pretender. I'll also be away this coming weekend, so the game can't start till next Monday.

1000yd_stare
June 29th, 2004, 07:06 PM
Well, while we are waiting, anyone have any experience with the troll mod, and willing to offer up to a potential ally/enemy?

Oh, and its never too early to start the diplomacy. My email is in my profile, and I am open to all offers. http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/icons/icon10.gif

Cohen
June 29th, 2004, 08:20 PM
Omg I missed the game!!!

Cainehill
June 30th, 2004, 03:02 AM
The game is still happening. I'm just waiting for Cohen's pretender. I'll also be away this coming weekend, so the game can't start till next Monday. <font size="2" face="sans-serif, arial, verdana">Okay - so I have until Monday to experiment further and possibly upgrade / replace my Pretender?

Graeme Dice
June 30th, 2004, 04:06 AM
That's correct.

Graeme Dice
June 30th, 2004, 06:01 AM
Well, while we are waiting, anyone have any experience with the troll mod, and willing to offer up to a potential ally/enemy?<font size="2" face="sans-serif, arial, verdana">I've played it a bit against the AI. Basically, you should remember that you have a great researcher in the Vaetti Hag with a magic scale. They also make decent blood searchers. Properly equipped troll kings are also very difficult to kill.

Cainehill
July 5th, 2004, 06:13 AM
I've a new pretender to upload, but the server / game is apparently down. ( 68.148.43.237 port 11111 )

I'll check again in the morning, and will post again when I've managed to upload, okay?

Grazie.

Cainehill
July 5th, 2004, 03:28 PM
Okay, I've got my Pretender in; it's only missing Ermor (Graeme) and Altenberg - Cohen, weren't you going to upload a pretender for Knights of Light?

Graeme Dice
July 5th, 2004, 10:14 PM
Well, if Cohen is no longer going to play, then I suppose I can get the server started tonight. Turns will be on a 48 hr quickhost, and hopefully the server won't crash too much.

Cohen
July 6th, 2004, 04:04 AM
I tried many times to upload but the server was never found
Perhaps I had some problems with the mod settings

Graeme Dice
July 6th, 2004, 04:10 AM
Originally posted by Cohen:
I tried many times to upload but the server was never found
Perhaps I had some problems with the mod settings <font size="2" face="sans-serif, arial, verdana">Did you try IP:68.148.43.237 port:11111 ?

Graeme Dice
July 6th, 2004, 06:48 AM
The game has now started, and we are now working on turn 1.

1000yd_stare
July 7th, 2004, 02:26 AM
turn 2 is upon us. email me at god_emperor_lerche@yahoo.com, and lets talk intel, alliances, and diplomacy.

Troll boy

Cainehill
July 7th, 2004, 02:36 AM
Argh! Renaming was supposed to be turned on, wasn't it?

Cohen
July 7th, 2004, 03:10 AM
Yes I did ^^

I cannot miss the IP since I'm in in the game at port 5555.

Graeme Dice
July 7th, 2004, 03:15 AM
Originally posted by Cainehill:
Argh! Renaming was supposed to be turned on, wasn't it? <font size="2" face="sans-serif, arial, verdana">It most certainly was, did I miss that one?

Cainehill
July 16th, 2004, 07:30 AM
I take it we already have someone at turn 8 who can't manage to fit a 48 hour turn into his busy schedule? (Since the game was set to host in 8 minutes, then went to 24 hours, with Skolem not having taken his turn.)

Skolem
July 16th, 2004, 08:18 AM
Originally posted by Cainehill:
I take it we already have someone at turn 8 who can't manage to fit a 48 hour turn into his busy schedule? (Since the game was set to host in 8 minutes, then went to 24 hours, with Skolem not having taken his turn.) <font size="2" face="sans-serif, arial, verdana">I' m sorry, I had a non planned stress this week, But now it should go smoothly (at least if the university don't plan to surprise me once more http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/icons/icon8.gif )

Ben

[ July 16, 2004, 07:19: Message edited by: Skolem ]

Cainehill
August 2nd, 2004, 04:01 PM
Is it just me, or is the game server down? Haven't been able to connect to it in two or three days now.

1000yd_stare
August 2nd, 2004, 05:56 PM
I cant get in either. I thought it was my ISP, but apparently not.

Skolem
August 2nd, 2004, 06:18 PM
I can't log in to, I sent Graeme a message a few hours ago, but he don't wrote back.

Graeme Dice
August 3rd, 2004, 01:46 AM
I _thought_ that I had the server set up properly so that it would run all weekend without my intervention, but as luck would have it that wasn't the case. It's back up now though.

1000yd_stare
August 3rd, 2004, 02:12 AM
Nagot gick fel!

1000yd_stare
August 4th, 2004, 11:47 PM
I dont know how much you guys talk about your games in progress, but at the risk of passing along too much info, I present to you 2 points about this game.

1. Ashikaga assassins are amazing.
2. Terribly traumatized Trolls trash tough troops.

http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/icons/icon10.gif

Skolem
August 5th, 2004, 09:33 AM
I don't know if it is to early to talk about, but so far has any one of you find your nation to powerfull for MP ? Having little experience, I can't really talk about my nation, but it seems really like arco, with X-bows, a weaker infantery, really weaker priest, a bit more choice for the mages, but therefor the mage are a little bit weaker not so good in astral (but still good), with the noteworthy exeption of the Archmage (4?). So for me it seems well balanced.
P.S. Cainhill in a other thread, you said that all nation in this game weren't balanced with the exeption of Ashikaga, could you say why?

Graeme Dice
August 12th, 2004, 12:50 AM
I'm going to be unable to host this game for about two weeks. I have, however, found a replacement host. Sheap should be able to tell you what IP and port the game should be played on.

Sheap
August 13th, 2004, 04:24 AM
Host is ready (finally). Sorry for the delay.

See this thread for details:
http://forum.shrapnegames.com/showthread.php?=285068&amp;page=0&amp;view=collapsed

Cainehill
October 27th, 2004, 01:00 PM
(Bump) Another thread to be moved to the MP forum.

Cainehill
October 31st, 2004, 04:10 PM
Looks like Trolls and Hoburgs are going to stale, probably unaware that the game is running again. (I sent PMs to whom I thought were the players, but they may not be reading the Boards, or the PM system may have still been borked.)

Graeme Dice
November 1st, 2004, 11:11 PM
Could we get this one restarted again? It appears to be stuck once more.

Cainehill
November 6th, 2004, 06:01 PM
Server seems down again. http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/frown.gif

Skolem
November 7th, 2004, 04:20 PM
You reassure me, I thought I had a new technical problem, I can't connect since yesterday, but Last week I had a lot of connection issues, so it might be that I have still a problem, how could I see or test if everything is well configured on my computer?
thanks
Skolem

Graeme Dice
November 7th, 2004, 06:59 PM
The server is now back up.

Cainehill
November 12th, 2004, 06:30 PM
zombie.dyndns.org seems to be out of the dns lookup tables; anyone know what the IP address is?

Graeme Dice
November 15th, 2004, 10:47 PM
Is this game now pretty much dead? I'd like to resurrect it if there's any chance of playing some more, but I can tell Ironhawk that ic can be killed otherwise.

Skolem
November 19th, 2004, 06:31 AM
I would like to play it to, but whats with Hoburg and Trollheim?

Cainehill
November 19th, 2004, 11:52 AM
My guess would be that they've given up because of how frustrating it is to connect - it's taking me something like 6-10 tries, they probably decided the game was down.

Cainehill
November 21st, 2004, 03:48 AM
Sent a PM to Teraswaerto (?), the Hoburg player. Not ambitious enough to read through everything to find out who the trollheim player is - lesson for the future : imo, the first post for game thread ought to be updated with the players / nations, to make this sort of thing easier.