PDA

View Full Version : MP Game - God is a Bullet

Catquiet
October 1st, 2004, 12:29 PM
Map is going to be Cradle of Zen. Max 10 of each gem producing item. Max 5 Soul Contracts. We will start when we get 8 or more players.

Kel
October 1st, 2004, 12:57 PM
Hosting times ?

- Kel

Navar
October 1st, 2004, 12:58 PM
Joined as Man

anatoli11
October 1st, 2004, 01:34 PM
Light my fire - I'm in as Abysia!!

Catquiet
October 1st, 2004, 01:46 PM
Kel said:
Hosting times ?

- Kel

24hr Quickhost to start. Later in the game we may switch to 48hr Quickhost if the players request it.

Cohen
October 1st, 2004, 03:32 PM
I'd go with Vanheim

CayseP
October 1st, 2004, 03:38 PM
I'll join as Jotunheim.

My friend Ivan Pedroso (Pete on MoseHansen) would like to join as C'Tis. He will confirm when he gets back this evening.

Yvelina
October 1st, 2004, 04:00 PM
I want to try Pythium. But isn't the Cradle map awfully big for eight players, especially given that the gem generating items will be restricted? No clams -> no cheap teleporting -> a lot of groundpounding on a high terain map.

Soapyfrog
October 1st, 2004, 04:36 PM
Oh I would really like in on this one... Cradle of Zen is my favorite map so far.

Hmm, can I snag Ctis?

Turin
October 1st, 2004, 05:28 PM
I will take caelum.

jeffr
October 1st, 2004, 05:35 PM
I'll take Ulm please.

Regen
October 1st, 2004, 06:31 PM
In as Arco

Frosted Flake
October 1st, 2004, 06:57 PM
I'll try Pangeaa if you dont think that overcrowds the map cat

frosty

jeffr
October 1st, 2004, 08:02 PM
Unfortunately, something has come up, so I won't be able to play in this game. If anyone wants it, they can have Ulm.

Sorry for joining the game and then having to withdraw. I wish I could have played. So far, in my limited experience, Zen's Cradle is my favorite map.

vigabrand
October 1st, 2004, 08:36 PM
I'd like in as Ryleh

Vig

Ivan Pedroso
October 1st, 2004, 08:48 PM
CayseP said:
My friend Ivan Pedroso (Pete on MoseHansen) would like to join as C'Tis. He will confirm when he gets back this evening.

Soapyfrog said:
Oh I would really like in on this one... Cradle of Zen is my favorite map so far.

Hmm, can I snag Ctis?

Well... I got my friend Jack(CayseP) to grap C'tis for me - and I hereby confirm my claim to that nation http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/cool.gif

- Pete

odd_enuf
October 1st, 2004, 11:17 PM
i'm in as mictlan

rex_havok
October 2nd, 2004, 12:07 AM
i'm in as Jotun

Cohen
October 2nd, 2004, 12:30 AM
Cradle is good for ChokePoints. IMO it's one of the best strategic maps for territories.

Catquiet
October 2nd, 2004, 02:47 AM
Ok, that's enough people. As soon as Ivan, Soapyfrog, and Odd_enuf upload their pretenders we will start.

Ivan called C'tis first so Soapyfrog will have to be content with a lesser nation.

CayseP
October 2nd, 2004, 03:03 AM
rex_havok said:
i'm in as Jotun

That was rather rude, since I had allready called Jotunheim, but now you have uploadet and claimed that nation http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/frown.gif

CayseP
October 2nd, 2004, 03:09 AM
It would be fair IMHO if either rex was removed/changed nation or I was allowed to join as e.g. Atlantis, but what do you (Catquiet) propose?

Soapyfrog
October 2nd, 2004, 03:22 AM
Looks like I missed my spot. Too slow!

Oh well, next time.

Catquiet
October 2nd, 2004, 04:05 AM
CayseP said:
It would be fair IMHO if either rex was removed/changed nation or I was allowed to join as e.g. Atlantis, but what do you (Catquiet) propose?

Rex, please go anonymous so I can clear out the Jotunheim spot for CayseP. You will have to pick another nation to play.

CayseP
October 2nd, 2004, 04:37 AM
I have my pretender ready for upload ... so we should be ready as soon as Rex changes nation, and Ivan uploads his pretender (he will probably upload within the next two hours or so).

CayseP
October 2nd, 2004, 03:30 PM
Well... I'm going out now (it's 8pm local time) and will check if the Jotun spot has been cleared in the morning.

rex_havok
October 2nd, 2004, 03:37 PM
sorry for the order confussion
i thought u uploaded to the spot and confered you were in the spot here.
i will go anonymous

rex_havok
October 2nd, 2004, 03:48 PM
i'll try Tien chi
if that is ok

Raspi
October 2nd, 2004, 07:40 PM
I'd like to have Ulm if thats ok. Or is it too late?

odd_enuf
October 2nd, 2004, 08:43 PM
i accidentally clicked on marigon, make sure you kick all anon before you start

Catquiet
October 3rd, 2004, 01:52 AM
Raspi said:
I'd like to have Ulm if thats ok. Or is it too late?

I think we can handle 12 players, join in Raspi.

Anons have been kicked, so we should be starting soon.

CayseP
October 3rd, 2004, 03:23 AM
Ok... Jotunheim is ready now! *Beware* http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/smirk.gif

Raspi
October 3rd, 2004, 11:07 AM
I made a player profile and I can see the game in mosehansen, but how can I submit my pretender?

I'm not totally new to Dominions, only to this mosehansen thing.

Raspi
October 3rd, 2004, 11:28 AM
Oh, got it. I just had to log onto the server to upload my pretender. Maybe I need a little more patience...

Catquiet
October 3rd, 2004, 11:58 AM
Game has started.

Raspi
October 3rd, 2004, 12:48 PM
Exactly what map are we using? I can't seem to get it work.

Ivan Pedroso
October 3rd, 2004, 01:58 PM
Raspi said:
Exactly what map are we using? I can't seem to get it work.

You can download the map here:
www.Illwinter.com/dom2/maps.html (http://www.illwinter.com/dom2/maps.html)

It's called "Cradle of Dominion". When you have downloaded it, make a copy of the .tga file in you /maps directory and rename it to cradlez14.tga

The map we are playing is using the same graphics file as the original Cradle map, but the .map file has been improved by Zen to make it more MP-balanced (Less terrain that hinders strategical movement i.e. some mountains etc has been changed to plains)

Raspi
October 3rd, 2004, 02:05 PM
Thank you Ivan Pedroso, that did the trick.

Frosted Flake
October 3rd, 2004, 10:40 PM
Um maybe (probably) I'm an idiot but I cant find the map at that site. There is a cradle2 map which I already have and renaming it isnt changinfg anything ...HELP?

frosted flake

vigabrand
October 3rd, 2004, 11:12 PM
Just download the cradle.zip file. After renaming, you shouldn't have a problem.

Vig

msew
October 3rd, 2004, 11:35 PM
has this game started? or can I play?

I would like to play machaka

Catquiet
October 4th, 2004, 03:08 AM
Sorry Msew the game has aready started.

We have switched to 72 hour quickhost to give Frosted Flake some extra time to work out his problems.

Ivan Pedroso
October 4th, 2004, 03:13 AM
Frosted Flake said:
Um maybe (probably) I'm an idiot but I cant find the map at that site. There is a cradle2 map which I already have and renaming it isnt changinfg anything ...HELP?

frosted flake

It should work if you place this graphics file:

cradlez14.tga (http://www.fys.ku.dk/~peteran/cradlez14.tga)

in your directory ".../dominions2/maps/"

CayseP
October 4th, 2004, 06:52 AM
So how is everything going Frosted... you don't have to wait the full 72H to take your turn (assuming that you have resolved your map (.tga renaming) problem)! http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/wink.gif

Frosted Flake
October 4th, 2004, 09:02 AM
Thanks Cat, all set now sorry for the delay

frosty

Catquiet
October 4th, 2004, 09:47 AM
We are back to 24HR Quickhost.

rex_havok
October 9th, 2004, 12:23 PM
i am finished.
i have c'tis army on one side and mans on the other.
o well maybe next game. go ahead guy and put me out of my missery. c'tis ate my army Last rnd so there should be no problems.
that was a quick game
thank you catquiet for hosting
Rex of t'ienche

Catquiet
October 9th, 2004, 12:54 PM
rex_havok said:
thank you catquiet for hosting
Rex of t'ienche

Esben Mose Hansen does all the hosting, I just take advantage of his generosity.

rex_havok
October 12th, 2004, 10:00 PM
this is kind of funny
rnd events keep me in the game and now 4 nations are beside or one away from my capital and only province.
unless you guys want to give up and give me a 3 province ring from my capital, just to keep the peace amoung so many players.

anatoli11
October 19th, 2004, 11:25 PM
I have to go away at short notice Early Wednesday until Friday afternoon - I am hoping you can hold the game until then.

Sorry, Thanks

Ivan Pedroso
October 21st, 2004, 07:58 AM
I think anatoli11 just staled a turn. He/she might stale another one before Friday afternoon. Perhaps a change to 48QH for just this next turn will prevent that.

Catquiet
October 21st, 2004, 02:04 PM
My bad. Switching to 7 day QH and sending Abysia 5 of each gem type to make up for his stale turn.

Turin
October 21st, 2004, 07:06 PM
Heh you only want to bribe him http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/wink.gif. Anyway Iīm away for the weekend to, so if you could leave 48hour quickhost on till monday it would be great.

rex_havok
October 22nd, 2004, 04:45 PM
looks like i am dead. can't believe randoms keep me going for so long, even gave me a free castle. Unfortunately it looks like c'tis captured my capital and will soon take my free castle and Last province. but i Lasted longer then expected and had a chance to try a SC pretender. didn't work well but now i know. good luck to all.
Rex of tien-chi.

Catquiet
October 26th, 2004, 03:36 AM
We are back to 48Hr QH.

vigabrand
October 27th, 2004, 01:44 AM
Hey all, I'm going to be out of town from Wed to Sun. Looks like I'll be staling. Try not to take advantage of me too much.

Vig

rex_havok
November 1st, 2004, 01:33 PM
i am out of this game but i could sub for players if they want.

vigabrand
November 1st, 2004, 06:02 PM
I'm back. My apologies for the inconvenience.

vig

Turin
November 1st, 2004, 08:27 PM
haha check the hall of fame. my commander got in with 4 xp =).

vigabrand
November 11th, 2004, 07:21 PM
i have a serious gripe. I just lost my pretender in a battle, when he clearly survived. I double checked and he had 77 hp when the Last enemy was cleared from the board. The combat ends and lo and behold, he's dead. This puts a serious dent in my plans, and sets me back big time. Anyone have a clue as to what happened? A bug?

Vig

archaeolept
November 11th, 2004, 08:50 PM
check the spells cast during the battle.

bleed or decay, or poison, or being hit by a bane blade; all of these have effects that continue and are resolved at the end of a battle.

or you could be using a different patch Version than the game is, which yields incommensurate battle reports and replays.

Turin
November 12th, 2004, 03:31 PM
what kind of pretender was that? maybe he was under a decay effect? And are you sure he is dead not hidden behind a bunch of other commanders so that you find him when you scroll down?

btw does anyone want to buy some artifacts?(shameless advertising http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/wink.gif )

CayseP
November 16th, 2004, 07:18 AM
I am away from thursday to monday. I know someone who can substitute, but I would rather he only had to take just one turn, so could we change to 4 day QH or something?

Cheers,

Wintermute

PS I have PM'ed this to Catquiet

Turin
November 26th, 2004, 12:04 PM
Well looks like the game thinks I have cheated. I donīt know what cheated it, the only noteworthy thing I did was forging ~40 artifacts. If anyone from outside the game wants to have a look, that would be no problem with me.

Turin
December 8th, 2004, 05:42 PM
I found a clam of pearls. Now I have eleven. DO I have to throw it away or can I keep it?

Ivan Pedroso
December 13th, 2004, 06:05 PM
Catquiet said:
Map is going to be Cradle of Zen. Max 10 of each gem producing item. Max 5 Soul Contracts. We will start when we get 8 or more players.

As I read it, the max is 10, no matter how they are obtained. If it where OK to get more than 10 via battle loot, then two allies could arrange some mock battles etc. (It would be boring and tedious, but it could be abused)

Turin
December 13th, 2004, 06:55 PM
wow an answer =) . I donīt think mock battles would happen, since that would clearly be a violation to the "spirit" of the rule.
You could just forge them and ignore the rules altogether.

Iīd like to keep the clam, but I will throw it away anyway since you disapprove, that one astral pearl less wonīt kill me http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/wink.gif.

anatoli11
December 13th, 2004, 07:12 PM
You should just keep it - think of it as a lucky break...

Ivan Pedroso
December 13th, 2004, 07:35 PM
Well actually I don't mind the extra pearl. And you are right about the spirit of the game.

I'm enjoying the game, but I miss a little communication. Just some Posts about how everyone is doing and reports on hilarious/heroic battles etc. Not anything that'll give away peoples "secrets" but a little communication would be nice - a way to get to know the people behind the nations a bit.

Turin
December 13th, 2004, 07:57 PM
Yeah that game is pretty quiet.
Well the score graphs tell you at least how my war with ermor is going http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/wink.gif. Btw whatīs up with rīlyeh. He staled several turns now. Is he out of the game?. Seeing that there is a huge cītis force on top of his capitol it seems so.

Ivan Pedroso
December 14th, 2004, 11:05 AM
I'm not sure what R'lyeh is up to. He hasn't mentioned anything about not being able to take his turns. And I'm definitely experiencing remote summons etc so I don't think he has quit the game entirely.

And Yeah!!! - my scouts reporting on the Caelum-Ermor war is seeing some mighty battles involving all sorts of high-end stuff.

anatoli11
December 14th, 2004, 11:08 AM
The only breaking news story in to the land of Abysia right now is that Mrs. Brown's cow gave birth to twin calfs.... Pictures at 11...

vigabrand
December 15th, 2004, 01:12 AM
Sorry for missing all the turns. I went out of town, and was supposed to have internet connection, but when I got there, it was down the entire time. I pretty much screwed myself. I've set it to AI, and apologize again.

Vig

Ivan Pedroso
December 15th, 2004, 08:07 AM
Sorry to hear that Viga.

Are anyone else having trouble logging on to MoseHansen ?

Catquiet
December 15th, 2004, 08:25 AM
Game has been stopped/restarted. See if you can log on now.

Turin
December 21st, 2004, 04:05 PM
Will we do a more relaxed schedule for christma/new year?
If not I will start looking for a sub for that week.

Ivan Pedroso
December 21st, 2004, 09:26 PM
Yeah it might be a good idea to set it to 96H quickhost or whatever the max setting is. Good game though - wouldn't want it spoiled by too many people ending up stale'ing their turns.

Catquiet
December 22nd, 2004, 01:45 PM
Game has been set to 7 day QH till Jan 2.

Raspi
December 22nd, 2004, 07:33 PM
Yeah that sounds pretty good, I'd like to continue this Jan 2nd too.

Turin
December 22nd, 2004, 07:56 PM
thanks catquiet. Raspi how long will you be away?

Raspi
January 18th, 2005, 12:28 PM
Was away came back, this game seems pretty interesting with huge nations that all seem to be really powerful. I wonder when its all going to turn into a chaos :p

Turin
January 20th, 2005, 11:10 PM
fun fun. I just recruited bogus band of merry trolls and now cītis invades me with 7 tartarians telling me I wished for his chalice.
So I guess now is the time when it all turns into chaos http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/tongue.gif .

Turin
January 28th, 2005, 07:42 PM
wee it sure says something about the game if you see there are 3 hours left till hosting and you think: hmm I really should hurry to do my turn, or I wonīt have enough time =) .

btw I always get the server is down message when I try to login, but after I hit retry it works fine.

Turin
January 30th, 2005, 08:22 PM
server problems get worse. catquiet could you give it a kick or two?

Catquiet
January 31st, 2005, 11:25 AM
Game has been stopped, restarted.

Turin
April 10th, 2005, 06:02 PM
Shall we call this one finished? abysia just went AI, I will finish staling jotunheim next turn,
so itīs just me and raspi left.

Do you want to fight it out?

Iīm quite bored by the game with a gem income of 600+ per turn,300 blood, 25k gold in the bank, an enchantment 50 site and almost all the important uniques.
Not to mention the 6 airqueens and my 30 or so tartarians.

YellowCactus
April 10th, 2005, 06:36 PM
You have 600+ gem income per turn with a limit of 10 clams, fetish and bloodstone? That's 570 from sites. Quite impressive.
-Yc

Turin
April 10th, 2005, 07:27 PM
Actually itīs only ~430 from sites. I calculated the arcane nexus in as giving me ~150 gems per turn.

YellowCactus
April 10th, 2005, 08:49 PM
Wow. Party on!
-yc