View Full Version : 101st Airborne Question
October 3rd, 2004, 09:45 PM
I have been trying out 101 and have come upon a problem. I can't seem to exchange items with dead or incapacitated soldiers. I can exchange with live soldiers. I am playing the ambush mission and if a soldier carrying a satchel is hit, I need the satchel. Am I missing something?
PS: I tried to find a 101 forum but couldn't. If there is one please point me in the right direction.
October 4th, 2004, 11:44 AM
You need to move one more spot and stand on the dead soldier. This works for friendlies and enemies.
October 5th, 2004, 03:30 PM
Thank you, that worked. I have other questions.
1 There are three level meters at the bottom left, what are they?
2 The soldiers are often panicked. Is there anything I can do to help prevent this? (they are fully loaded with the moral modifiers)
3 Some soldiers are not able to be motivated. I had four standing side by side and only two of them where able to be motivated. What am I missing here?
4 How does the search function help? There does not seem to be a screen that shows that something has been found. I have only played the ambush and the headquarters missions. Is it useful in other missions?
5 Occassionly the bullet symbol appears at the top of the screen. However the weapon is not in need of loading. What is the meaning of this symbol in that case?
October 5th, 2004, 05:19 PM
We've restored the 101 forum and I am going to move this to that forum for further discussion. You may be able to find some answers to your questions in the old threads.
October 5th, 2004, 09:14 PM
It's been a while...
2. The only thing you can do is attemtp to get a solider(s), with a motivation factor that can affect the panicked, close and click on the motivate button. A lot of times, you just have to wait after you have killed all the enemies before you can get panicked soliders back.
3. It's a random thingy...sometimes it doesn't work. You do need someone with a high(er?) motivation factor.
4. Uncertain, but I think 'search' is only for attempting to spot enemies (???).
October 6th, 2004, 12:18 PM
1. The higher the better
Red Bar = Health (Use First Aid to help the wounded)
White Bar = Rest/Food (Use Rest to Eat C or K Rations)
Blue Bar = Morale (Use a better leader to motivate)
2. If someone morale drops (maybe a trooper next to them gets wounded), you may need to get him out of the line of fire and get motivated. Morale drops are contagious, i.e If someone drops to panicked, then others in his LOScan get their morale lowered.
3. Motivation is controlled by the leadership rating not by experience rating. A lower rank can motivate a higher rank. The highest leadership rated soldier has no one to motivate him. Rest and food are his only choices.
4. Search Area increases your chances of spotting the enemy and items (lost bags, weapons, ammo). If you run, your searching is not as effective and you can run into an ambush.
5. I'll need more info. Is the weapon a fully automatic one?
October 7th, 2004, 02:20 AM
The bullet symbol appears when a soldier is under fire or about to be under fire, from what I can gather. It doesn't seem to matter what weapon.
October 7th, 2004, 01:11 PM
Dont hold me to this, but I think that as you are being fired at, the 'Out of Ammo' & 'Gun Jammed' icon can appear if it happens to the enemy as he is shooting at you.
October 7th, 2004, 09:30 PM
Yeah...that does sound familar...I think you're right.
October 8th, 2004, 11:46 AM
Boy you guys are amazing. As to the bullet icon, that is correct. The icons appear for the current soldier (even the enemies), so you are seeing (hearing) the gun jam.
Designer, 101, 82nd
October 8th, 2004, 09:27 PM
Excellent game Tim Brooks...
I have a big wish list for 82nd. I know its too late and I know this is the wrong forum so I will just give you my biggest wish:
Smooth scroll of the entire map; ie no mini maps.
With your (Tim's) attention to detail it seems so absurd that when you get to the edge of a map you can't see what is right in front of you.
One more question on 101: I had a hard time finding one lone enemy on the headquarters mission and after about an hour of searching I gave up and used the IKnow cheat. Can you shut that or any cheats off without rebooting the game?
(The b*st*rd was hiding outside by the church. I thought I looked there but in fact I ran from around the corner to inside. He either didn't fire at me or I had the sound down and didn't notice.)
vBulletin® v3.7.0, Copyright ©2000-2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.