PDA

View Full Version : Invisible Swarm 2: Ended. Hail YC!

CUnknown
December 3rd, 2004, 05:03 PM
New MP game starting soon!

Honestly. It is actually happening this time.

We will play on a relatively small map, I'm looking for maybe 6-8 players. It will be Difficult Research, normal magic sites, Rich World, Indep. strength 5, HoF 15. No House Rules.

I'm going to play Ryleh.

Space reserved for:
1) Bale Blackmoon (I assume he's playing Marignon)
2) Yellow Cactus (He will probably play Mictlan)
3) Rob_Core (I think he is going to try Abyssia)
4) Bale's friend Joe. Bale, is he playing?

That leaves space for at least 3 more people.

If I can figure out how to host over the internet I'm going to do that, otherwise it will be PBEM. It'll be 24-h quickhost at least for the first 30 turns or so. Then maybe 48-h quickhost.

Cainehill
December 4th, 2004, 12:20 AM
Edit: Putting in an up-to-date list of players / nations to help with sorting out diplomacy.

<font class="small">Code:</font><hr /><pre>
Rlyeh : CUnknown
Atlantis : Yellow Cactuc
Marignon : Bale Blackmoon
Jotunheim: Cainehill
Pangaea : jeffr
Arco : AI
Vanheim : anatoli11
Machaka : Krooldeath
Man : LegacySpy
Abysia : Rob_Core
</pre><hr />

I think that's everyone - hard to tell with nation info turned off.

CUnknown
December 4th, 2004, 07:55 PM
I don't know Cainehill, Zen's mod sure seems like a lot of changes. I don't understand most of the reasons for them...I wouldn't feel comfortable using that sort of mod. Making the ghost king a little more expensive seems like a good idea, though.

anatoli11
December 4th, 2004, 08:50 PM
I would be interested - I'd like a couple of days to test Zen's mod out though if that it what you are going to use. I'd like to play Van if Cainehill doesn't play them.

YellowCactus
December 5th, 2004, 10:08 PM
Sign me up for Miictlan!
-Yc

Bale_Blackmoon
December 6th, 2004, 07:37 PM
Now that the world of Lost Memories has fallen inot destruction, I am more than willing to battle over this new world. The Blood Lord of Marginon will never be defeated. http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/happy.gif

CUnknown
December 8th, 2004, 12:35 AM
So far we have:

Me: Ryleh
Yellow Cactus: Mictlan
Bale Blackmoon: Marignon
Cainehill: Vanheim, Jotunheim, or Pangea
anatoli11: Vanheim?

Maybe 3 more people and we'll start.

What map do people want? I think Desert Eye and Karan are good maps, but I'd like to try something different. Any suggestions?

Legacyspy
December 8th, 2004, 12:45 AM
Edit:
Ctiss For Me?

Legacyspy
December 8th, 2004, 12:45 AM
Pls not Desert Eye, cant stand that map.

Cainehill
December 8th, 2004, 01:38 AM
For a map, Zen's Europe or Parganos are both pretty good and should be suited for 8 or so players.

Also, if Anatoli wants Vanheim, I'll take Jotunheim or Pangaea - still not decided for sure yet.

anatoli11
December 8th, 2004, 11:18 AM
I'm in for Van then!

Jarkko
December 8th, 2004, 11:58 AM
Perhaps you would accept a n00b and take me as Arcoscephale?

jeffr
December 8th, 2004, 03:13 PM
If this is an internet game, I'll take Pangaea (if that's ok with Cainehill).

Cainehill
December 8th, 2004, 09:42 PM
*mutter mutter* I'll take the Jotuns. http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/wink.gif

Legacyspy
December 8th, 2004, 10:09 PM
Acutly, I might like to take man.

Legacyspy
December 8th, 2004, 10:11 PM
Or ctiss

jeffr
December 8th, 2004, 11:05 PM
thanks, cainehill.

I'm still trying to figure Pan out. I've only played Pan in my 4 MP games: have lost 2 games, am losing in another one (Ulm attacked me early on), and am one of 4 players left in another (my best showing so far, although I just got hit with a couple of 30 strength devil armies).

Legacyspy
December 8th, 2004, 11:24 PM
Make it man for me

CUnknown
December 9th, 2004, 04:24 AM
Players:

Me: Ryleh
Yellow Cactus: Mictlan
Cainehill: Jotunheim
anatoli11: Vanheim
Legacyspy: Man
jeffr: Pangea
Jarkko: Arcoscephale

Also I believe Rob_Core is actually interested in playing, he's going to be Abyssia.

So, that's 9 players. All I have left to do is figure out what map to play on and set up the server. I'll do that tomorrow. Then we can start!

CUnknown
December 10th, 2004, 10:25 PM
I'd like to play on Zen's Europe, but it says "water nations have a significant advantage" and I don't want to cherry-pick my own map. What do other people think?

Has anyone played on "Sea and Sky"? It looks pretty funky.

We could just play Karan, I guess. I need opinions.

Cainehill
December 10th, 2004, 11:41 PM
Hmmm. Yeah, Europe really should have either 2 water nations or none.

Parganos is nice though; Sea and Sky (just looked at it) looks ... different, but may or may not be balanced. Also, too many water provinces compared to land, for a single water nation imo.

Karan - Karan Dry might be good, but not so much normal Karan, as the water nation can readily hit almost _any_ province because all lakes are connected and whatnot.

Myself, I'd recommend Parganos as first choice, Karan Dry as second, Sea and Sky 3rd (unless someone else can chime in with firsthand reports saying they've played it and it was balanced and good).

Legacyspy
December 11th, 2004, 02:15 AM
No no not not Karan, or desert Eye. If some one could show me where to get parganos I would be greatly interested.

Cainehill
December 11th, 2004, 03:07 AM
Legacyspy said:
No no not not Karan, or desert Eye. If some one could show me where to get parganos I would be greatly interested.

Parganos (and a bunch of other great and/or popular maps such as Cradle of Dominion or Tyrande (which is great, but only for SP games - sites embedded in the map make it bad for MP games)) can be found here on Illwinter's site (http://illwinter.com/dom2/maps.html).

Gandalf and Arryn both have other sites with good maps, in Gandalf's case, a plethora of random maps that are regenerated anew daily.

CUnknown
December 11th, 2004, 06:19 PM
I believe Yellow Cactus has agreed to play Atlantis, so we're going to try out Zen's Europe.

The server IP is 192.168.0.3 port 2000

anatoli11
December 11th, 2004, 08:11 PM
That is a local server address... Don't we need the regular IP?

archaeolept
December 11th, 2004, 10:00 PM
heh yah. you might have to go into your router and port forward whatever port you choose, CUnknown.

CUnknown
December 12th, 2004, 02:17 AM
Does this work? IP = 68.190.44.112

anatoli11
December 12th, 2004, 09:07 AM
Yup, that works!!

Jarkko
December 12th, 2004, 10:21 AM
Hmm... I can't get contact with the server.

YellowCactus
December 12th, 2004, 02:01 PM
I'm in as Atlantis.
-Yc

Last one to invade Poland is a Rotten Egg!

Cainehill
December 12th, 2004, 04:01 PM
I've got Jotunheim uploaded.

(Remember folks: IP is 68.190.44.112, port 2000.)

jeffr
December 12th, 2004, 07:35 PM
i've uploaded Pangaea.

Jarkko
December 13th, 2004, 01:23 PM
I *still* can't get a connection to the serve http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/frown.gif

CUnknown
December 13th, 2004, 09:53 PM
Does anyone have any ideas on why Jarkko can't connect? I'd hate to start without him. I'm not doing anything wrong, am I?

I think I will probably start the game tomorrow, reasoning that if people don't want to connect, they will probably go AI anyway soon enough. But, this thing with Jarkko is concerning me.

Cainehill
December 13th, 2004, 10:16 PM
Given that everyone else can connect, odds are that it's something on his end - firewall / router settings or whatnot. It occasionally happens....

Or it might be the "usual" connection error, where someone can get in with enough tries, or by starting a second attempt while the first is hung - hard to say, since Jarkko hasn't said what exactly happens when he tries.

Depending on his operating system, he could either enter cut and paste this into the command line (linux) or set up a short cut with these properties and try:

"C:\Program Files\dominions2\dom2.exe" --tcpclient --ipadr 68.190.44.112 --port 2000

Cutting and pasting will more or less eliminate chances of there being something wrong with his shortcut / command, editing the "C:\Program..." bit above if he's on linux or installed somewhere else.

Cainehill
December 13th, 2004, 10:20 PM
Note also that only 5 pretenders are uploaded out of 8(?) players. Looks like Bale Blackmoon (Marignon), Legacyspy (Man) aren't uploaded, as of course Jarkko's Arcoscephale isn't.

Jarkko
December 14th, 2004, 10:05 AM
Well, I do know about ports etc and I haven't had problems connecting to other servers. Will have to test again once I get home today...

CUnknown
December 14th, 2004, 04:13 PM
The following factions are taken:

me: Ryleh
Yellow Cactus: Atlantis
Cainehill: Jotunheim
jeffr: Pangea
anatoli11: Vanheim
Jarkko: Arcoscephale, since he has at least tried to log on

All other positions are open on a first-come first-serve basis to a maximum of 10 players. The IP is: 68.190.44.112, port 2000.

Let's get this show on the road!

Legacyspy
December 14th, 2004, 04:44 PM
Ill upload soon

Jarkko
December 14th, 2004, 04:47 PM
Well, whaddaya know. I come home from work, try the connection with a doomed feeling, and I finally get connected http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/happy.gif My Pretender uploaded.

KroolDeath
December 14th, 2004, 11:16 PM
Is this game still open?

Krool

CUnknown
December 14th, 2004, 11:58 PM
Yes KroolDreath, but do not take Man or Abyssia. All other nations that are open are open. http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/happy.gif

KroolDeath
December 15th, 2004, 03:03 AM
I'll take Machaka. I'll upload a pretender tomorrow.

YellowCactus
December 15th, 2004, 04:43 PM
Okay.
Call me impatient, but if people make no attempt to load their pretenders in four days, I don't see them playing. Shall we start this one up?
-Yellowcactus

Legacyspy
December 15th, 2004, 05:53 PM
Where I get europe, I could not find it at illwinters site.

Cainehill
December 15th, 2004, 06:13 PM
Legacyspy said:
Where I get europe, I could not find it at illwinters site.

You can get Zen's Europe map here at Arryn's site (http://www.dominions-2.org/files.htm).

CUnknown
December 15th, 2004, 08:00 PM
We have 8 players, game is starting very soon guys. Get your pretenders in!

KroolDeath
December 16th, 2004, 12:32 AM
Machaka: Uploaded.

Cainehill wants to thump me, so I thought I would give him the opportunity. Not that I will not die trying...

Krool

CUnknown
December 16th, 2004, 12:45 PM
Game started!

Victory condition is 100 provinces out of 135. Good luck!

YellowCactus
December 16th, 2004, 02:25 PM
Water Gems!
Get your watergems here! Just fifty pounds of gold each. Straight from the Pearl Towers of Atlantis. Now offering special land-lubber rate of ten beautiful pearls for the low low weight of five-hundred pounds of gold. Just toss your metals in the ocean, we'll fish 'em out. Watch out for Void Lurkers, they're bad bad tunas.
The Capitolist Empire of Atlantis wishes you all the very best, should the need arise for clams, we've got the gills to get the job done.
-George W. Bush, statue god of Atlantis.

KroolDeath
December 16th, 2004, 02:52 PM
Guys, see my ingame message. I thought we were using Zen's mod (I had seen it discussed earlier). However, after checking my god, he has been stripped of everything.

I am requesting the game is stopped so I can upload a new pretender and a restart, if possible, otherwise I will have to go AI.

Krool
Machaka

CUnknown
December 16th, 2004, 03:19 PM
Sure we can restart, that will give Legacyspy a chance to log on as well.

Although you should be punished for not being able to read, KroolDeath! Hehe, just kidding.

I think I am going to change independents to strength 3 unless anyone objects? If anyone objects, they will be strength 5 like I said before. I think strength 3 will be better to really get combat started in early game before all the doom horrors come out. This will have the effect of making clam hoarding, SC gods, soul contracts, etc. less useful while also making national troops more valuable, in fact necessary.

YellowCactus
December 16th, 2004, 03:44 PM
KroolDeath,
We all know your people worship a false-god. Still, I can't believe you'd go AI on turn one simply because your pretender is powerless.....have some backbone man!
-Yc

Cainehill
December 16th, 2004, 03:58 PM
CUnknown : Did you save all the original ".2h" files before starting the game? Otherwise, everyone needs to upload their pretenders again, since the ones containing the pretender are gone. Also, you might want to change the game name and thus directory, just to prevent problems that people might otherwise have.

anatoli11
December 16th, 2004, 03:58 PM
My start ptovince is the "Gulf of Gabes", province 9, which on the map should be a water province, but is listed as "plains" in the province description. Is this correct?

Legacyspy
December 16th, 2004, 05:31 PM
Theres a new patch and I have some questions, can I update to the new patch yet still play in this game?

Cainehill
December 16th, 2004, 06:00 PM
If you update go to the new patch, you should first save a copy of the original executable, copying it to a name like dom214.exe. Then you need to run the proper executable for each game, since at a minimum you're very likely to see "hallucinatory" battle results with a different Version.

Cainehill
December 16th, 2004, 06:03 PM
anatoli11 said:
My start ptovince is the "Gulf of Gabes", province 9, which on the map should be a water province, but is listed as "plains" in the province description. Is this correct?

Looks like CUnknown either doesn't have Version 2.0 of the text ".map" file, or editted it - using Zen's Europe 2.0 that province is Sea, but in our game it's definately plains.

Legacyspy
December 16th, 2004, 06:07 PM
I have a problem with zens europe, tis a rar file, but I have mac so I cant use stuffit to open the rar and get at the map. I would greatly apreciate it if it was some how zipped and put some where I could download it.

KroolDeath
December 16th, 2004, 06:16 PM
KroolDeath,
We all know your people worship a false-god. Still, I can't believe you'd go AI on turn one simply because your pretender is powerless.....have some backbone man!
-Yc

YThat is funny! You know, I would go for it as is except the only thing I had left was the icon indicating I was a Pretender. Everything, and I mean everything else was gone from magic to abilities!

Cainehill
December 16th, 2004, 07:53 PM
Legacyspy said:
I have a problem with zens europe, tis a rar file, but I have mac so I cant use stuffit to open the rar and get at the map. I would greatly apreciate it if it was some how zipped and put some where I could download it.

Might be simpler if you just got ahold of MacPar (http://www.xs4all.nl/~gp/MacPAR_deLuxe/) or UnRAR (http://homepage.mac.com/pnoriega/unrar.html), both of which supposedly handle RAR archives on the Macintosh.

Cainehill
December 16th, 2004, 07:56 PM
CUnknown said:
I think I am going to change independents to strength 3 unless anyone objects? If anyone objects, they will be strength 5 like I said before. I think strength 3 will be better to really get combat started in early game before all the doom horrors come out. This will have the effect of making clam hoarding, SC gods, soul contracts, etc. less useful while also making national troops more valuable, in fact necessary.

I won't go so far as objecting but I do think that Indies 5 would be better - still easy enough that people will be conquering the independents early, but not so easy that people feel compelled to make a crap shoot by attacking blind on turn one. (In a competitive MP game with such weak indies, the people who conquer a province on turn 1 get a leg up on the others; people who attack and lose their army when they hit knights or some such are likely to feel sufficiently disadvantaged as to lose interest and go AI.)

KroolDeath
December 16th, 2004, 09:04 PM
I would agree with Cainehill as far as indy strength.

Krool

CUnknown
December 16th, 2004, 09:22 PM
The new server is up now. I've decided to keep Indy str 5, although I'm toying with the idea of indy str 0-2 for the next game I host. http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/happy.gif

EVERYONE DOWNLOAD THE NEW PATCH FIRST!

THEN RE-LOAD YOUR PRETENDER! (I didn't save them).

KroolDeath
December 16th, 2004, 10:38 PM
Uploaded

jeffr
December 16th, 2004, 11:09 PM
Pan uploaded.

I downloaded 2.15. However, I uploaded the same pretender that I created with 2.14. I didn't create a new pretender with 2.15. Is this ok?

Cainehill
December 16th, 2004, 11:57 PM
jeffr said:
Pan uploaded.

I downloaded 2.15. However, I uploaded the same pretender that I created with 2.14. I didn't create a new pretender with 2.15. Is this ok?

Should be. You can verify by starting a new game in 2.15 using the pretender - if you don't get a 'cheat' message, you should be good to go. (And I don't think any pretenders were changed much, at least not in paths, dominion, or cost, which is what should generate a cheat message.)

CUnknown
December 17th, 2004, 12:00 AM
We are still missing Abyssia, Man, and Arcosephale. Then we'll be good to go!

Legacyspy
December 17th, 2004, 12:53 AM
Uploading asap. I was just watching the apprentice finale.

YellowCactus
December 17th, 2004, 11:56 AM
Think we can ALL bring it together sometime on saturday to run through the first 10 or so rounds? it would be a feat of engineering, but stranger things have happened!
-yellowcactus

KroolDeath
December 17th, 2004, 12:44 PM
It's possible. I've really got to get out and get some xmas shopping done, but I can frequently check throughout the day for the next turn.

Krool

jeffr
December 17th, 2004, 04:52 PM
I'll try to periodically check and enter my turn.

Has this game started yet?

CUnknown
December 17th, 2004, 05:21 PM
We are underway. Good luck to all.

Cainehill
December 18th, 2004, 01:30 AM
I can check and do a turn at least every hour or two Satyrday, I think, if others seem to be taking their turns.

YellowCactus
December 18th, 2004, 02:23 AM
Bale,
You try that Darkness [censored] this time and you'll be swimming with the fishes!
-Yc

Jarkko
December 18th, 2004, 04:31 AM
Hmm... We are already on 2nd turn (ie I missed 1st turn), and the intention is to speed up the game during weekend. Sorry gents, but this game is proceeding too fast for me, I thought this was a 24 hour game and the game seems to have been reported as running from Last night (less than 12 hours ago)...

Ie I am sorry but I have to withdraw from the game. I simply can't keep up with less than 12 hour turns. Sorry http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/frown.gif

CUnknown
December 18th, 2004, 04:36 AM
Host schedule is set to 24-h quickhost. You missed the first turn...I guess you didn't realize I started Last night. Anyway, we're not going faster than 1 turn every 24 hours unless everyone gets their turn in.

Only withdraw from the game if you can't handle 24-hour turns.

Jarkko
December 18th, 2004, 06:36 PM
I did set Arco on AI. Missing the first turn is not fun, I kept checking this thread to see when the game is up and running. The notice had come when it was night over here, in the morning I then contacted the host but the first turn had gone already (and I had recieved a kind not from Caine that the dead-line was closing, but alas, I was still at sleep at the time...).

Sorry for the confusion gents, I hope you have a good game http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/smile.gif

YellowCactus
December 18th, 2004, 06:42 PM
No troubles Jarkko! Look on the bright side, almost all the girls in Finland are beautiful...and now you have more time to seduce one!
-Yc

Cainehill
December 18th, 2004, 09:30 PM
I updated the 2nd post in the thread to show the nations / players, since we've never had a complete one. Should make diplomacy a little easier.

YellowCactus
December 18th, 2004, 09:39 PM
WOW!
Thanks Cainehill, I bet you could get a job with all those organizational skills.
-Yc

anatoli11
December 18th, 2004, 10:28 PM
Abysia is in this game as well, but I don't see any Posts on this thread saying who it might be...

YellowCactus
December 19th, 2004, 12:58 AM
Abysia?
Oh yes. That one is mine as well. I thought that playing both a Fire nation and a Water nation in the same game would really complement each other well. You guys don't mind do you?
-Yc

anatoli11
December 19th, 2004, 01:59 AM
How come you're not offering fire gems, or is that secret plan #2?

YellowCactus
December 19th, 2004, 10:27 AM
Well,
Since you asked. Atlantis is Maxed out with a MAD pretender SC and Ruined scales. Abyssia has a fountain with no extra magics. So every turn Abyssia sells off it's fire gems and sends about 400 gold to Atlantis. It's working out really well. I think Atlantis can invade Abyssia in a few turns. This will be 'S3cr3t Plan C' and make world domination SO much easier.
-YC

Legacyspy
December 19th, 2004, 01:55 PM
Unless I am confused, is yellow cactus, playing two nations? Shouldnt that be considered cheating, or am I hopelessly confused?

jeffr
December 19th, 2004, 02:52 PM
I believe he is joking. What I don't understand is the use of phrases like "S3cr3t". Is this web lingo used by kids in other games?

By the way, who is playing Abysia?

Cainehill
December 19th, 2004, 04:00 PM
Heh. "S3cr3t" is Online street talk - developed and first used by "script kiddies" who thought they were "eleet" because they could use hacking tools and scripts written by someone else. Replace letters with numbers and special characters, and you too can have a k00l resume. http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/wink.gif

CUnknown
December 19th, 2004, 06:19 PM
No, Yellow Cactus was just joking. Abyssia is being played by Rob_Core, who is a dumbass and never checks this board.

KroolDeath
December 19th, 2004, 06:43 PM
Yellow Cactus is famous for playing two, sometimes three nations in a single MP game. Sometimes we call him Yellow Cacti.

We let him get away with it because...Well, I don't know why!

(Just to fuel the speculation further) http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/happy.gif

Krool

anatoli11
December 19th, 2004, 07:37 PM
I heard that I, I mean he, plays all the nations so he would always win...

YellowCactus
December 19th, 2004, 07:50 PM
I have a great MP game on mosehansen where I'm ALL the nations. It's sort of a private party. In the end.....Yellowcacti will win!
-Yc

Cainehill
December 20th, 2004, 11:04 PM
New turn ran 2 hours ago.

Cainehill
December 22nd, 2004, 01:18 AM
And another turn just ran now, with the Jotuns on spring break.

jeffr
December 22nd, 2004, 12:35 PM
"spring break" ? Did you stale?

I've had the Necromancer and his friends attack me Last turn and the Vampire Count and his crew nail me this turn. Man, two bad events in the first few turns. Misfortune sucks http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/happy.gif

YellowCactus
December 22nd, 2004, 01:26 PM
Think of all the experience your troops are getting!
-Yc

CUnknown
December 22nd, 2004, 08:49 PM
I am going to slow down this game (basically put it on hold) over Christmas break, on account of me not being in town. I'm going to set it to like 100 hour quickhost in a couple days.

Cainehill
December 23rd, 2004, 09:48 PM
New Turn.

CUnknown
December 24th, 2004, 04:20 AM
Ok, Marignon is the Last player who needs to take their turn. I set the host schedule to 240 hour quickhost, lol. So after Marignon takes his turn, it will host next in 10 days.

However, I'll change the hosting back to 24-hr when I get internet access again. I'll make sure to post a note here telling everyone when I do that.

CUnknown
December 30th, 2004, 08:56 PM
Hosting time being changed to 36 hours. When it hosts again, I'm going to change it to 24 hours.

Cainehill
December 30th, 2004, 09:03 PM
New Turn up.

CUnknown
January 2nd, 2005, 02:49 AM
Does anyone know why I can't see forts and temples on the Zen Europe map? Is anyone else having that problem? It's starting to become annoying.

Cainehill
January 2nd, 2005, 12:03 PM
Do you have those filters turned on? They're controlled by the 5 and 6 keys.

jeffr
January 2nd, 2005, 12:29 PM
I can see forts and temples.

CUnknown
January 2nd, 2005, 02:21 PM
Hehe, I feel dumb now. Thanks guys!

YellowCactus
January 2nd, 2005, 04:56 PM
What's up with Bale? CUnknown, give that ugly mug a phone call and tell him to play it up, or go Ai
-Hehe.

Legacyspy
January 4th, 2005, 05:09 PM
Hey all, there is a good chance, some one will have to sub for me cause, my mom messed up my computer so I got pissed at her, and now shes pissed at me, so she might confiscate my interent/computer. If i stale 2-3 turns, have some one sub for me.

CUnknown
January 5th, 2005, 06:55 PM
It would be your responsibility to find a sub, Legacyspy. Otherwise go AI.

I apoligize if people have not been able to play their turn today. My internet was down for some time (I hope it's back up now--I'm at work). It won't host the next turn for another 24 hours, so don't worry about staling.

YellowCactus
January 5th, 2005, 11:39 PM
Legacy spy.
You should start a thread on this board. Or just ask Cainehill. He knows everybody!
-Yc

YellowCactus
January 6th, 2005, 09:29 AM
Hey Cunknown,
Any chance of a forced host by 10:00pm eastern time. That will have given turn 17 (Which shouldn't take more than ten minutes) about 48 hours. At our current rate we've played two turns since 2004. Blah. I know you want to keep the cohesion of the game, but Legacyspy really shouldn't argue with his Ma'ma, and Bale knows how to play a turn when he wants to.
-Grumpy and going to work,
YC

CUnknown
January 6th, 2005, 03:14 PM
Okay, forced a host at ~1pm EST.

YellowCactus
January 6th, 2005, 03:28 PM
But....But....
I wasn't READY!
-Yc

Legacyspy
January 6th, 2005, 06:40 PM
Turns out im fine.

jeffr
January 8th, 2005, 11:54 PM
It looks like the host is down. Go GREEN (JETS that is).

YellowCactus
January 9th, 2005, 03:15 AM
He mentioned something about hooking up a LAN network for some good clean nerdy fun with the boyz. Should be back up tomorrow.
-Yc

YellowCactus
January 9th, 2005, 12:47 PM
Server's Up again.

YellowCactus
January 12th, 2005, 03:52 PM
Just learned why they call this game DOMINIONS!
-Sorry Abyssia
-Congrats, Jotenhiem.

jeffr
January 12th, 2005, 04:40 PM
why do you say DOMINIONS (in caps) ? I think I'm being a little slow here.

YellowCactus
January 12th, 2005, 05:45 PM
Jotenheim invaded Abysia around turn 10. Because of the Heat dominion, Abysia soundly defeated the giants. A yearlong siege of Jotenheim's capitol just ended with A pair of berzerked Nief Giants (Almost untouchable because of the weakened fire magic and strengthened cold magic) tore through the Abysian ranks.

DOMINION at it's most effective!
Jot's won when they would normally have lost, all because of a 3cold dominion.

Ten turns before that, the Abyssians won, because the battle took place in they're 3heat dominion.

jeffr
January 12th, 2005, 06:46 PM
Thanks. I've never really paid attention to the effect of scales on units/magic before. I'll have to start.

CUnknown
January 12th, 2005, 09:14 PM
The server is going down for a few hours again. I apoligize for the inconvience. As of now, there's 25 min left for this turn and 2 people haven't taken their turn yet (Man and Jotunheim). When the server is back Online, I will probably wait some time before I host...

If Man or Jotunheim was planning on taking their turn (heh) please post here and let me know before I host!

jeffr
January 13th, 2005, 09:28 PM
It looks like I was the Last one to take my turn. Thanks for waiting for me before you hosted.

YellowCactus
January 13th, 2005, 09:51 PM
NO worries. Cunknown is such a slacker...he probably dodn't even notice we're not on quickhost &lt;jab&gt; &lt;jam&gt;
-Yc

Legacyspy
January 17th, 2005, 01:48 PM
Well, I am dead, this was my first mp game, and I did okay, what really killed me, I forgot that vanhiem had glamor.

YellowCactus
January 17th, 2005, 03:37 PM
You made it to turn 30! Could have done much much worse. Your diplomacy could have been better. Taking a province half the world from your empire, then building a thousand gold worth of amazons there without communicating with your three neighboring powers wasn't the best idea.

Turn's up people!
-Yc

anatoli11
January 18th, 2005, 09:54 AM
Legacyspy you did OK - We had bad starting spots and I picked on you... Look forward to playing with you again!

Legacyspy
January 18th, 2005, 04:50 PM
Ya it was quite fun, I learned alot too, what really hurt me was my scales. Ug.

YellowCactus
February 1st, 2005, 01:33 PM
Nice moves this turn Jeff.
I've never see such effective use of standard troopers! Alas, sun bathing in Italy is once again out of season. Losing over 100 units is generally bad for Atlantis.
What's it going to take to embroil Abyssia and Van into our little wars?
-Yc

jeffr
February 2nd, 2005, 12:38 AM
My problem is that I don't use the summoned super combatants and have a tough time dealing with them. Ah well, maybe next time I'll think ahead and maybe be a little better prepared.

You hit me with high protection fatigueless banelords with hellswords, ice devils with hellswords, arch devils, air queens and flying devil raiding parties.

Maybe next time I'll get lucky and end up next to you at the start http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/happy.gif Of course, that wouldn't work if you took a water nation again. Hmmm, I guess there's always water cult http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/happy.gif

YellowCactus
February 2nd, 2005, 12:05 PM
Dang Jeff,
Aweful bold to think YOU will be blitzing ME next game. Hee-hee. &lt;just talking trash&gt; I usually try to make an Ally in the first 12 turns...then take someone's capitol by turn 20. After that I slow down expansion and go for politics and SCs. Trading for what I need.
Poor Cainehill made one attack this game and never recovered. Poor Abyssia lost his whole army (with mages) after sieging Jotenheim for four turns in the early game. Poor Vanheim got bogged down with crazy Man. (Man was throwing troopes in every direction) Poor Machaka was caught with no were to expand. Poor Bale got super-jumped by Pangaea. Poor Ryleh....Declared war on Pangaea...&lt;Shiver&gt; Atlantis really was left unmolested without even threat from Ryleh. I'd definately have gone for Ryleh had a threat been anywhere upon the horizon. But the way things played out...Pangaea got stuck in the middle of Europe. I think for now on we should play wrapping maps exclusively.
-Yc

YellowCactus
February 4th, 2005, 03:24 PM
Soulslay was rendered in-effective by the Moloch attending that battle. Sort of a disappointment to see fifty spells bounce off the same target. Blah.

jeffr
February 4th, 2005, 04:14 PM
What do you mean? Something nailed the Moloch. Wasn't it soul slay?

I lost of lot of momentum when Ryleh attacked me. I could have accepted several peace offers from Ryleh, but I'm reluctant to accept peace after having been attacked.

Abysia agreed to a non-aggression treaty and attacked me later in the game. They had to go somewhere I suppose. But then they offered peace, I accepted, and then they attacked yet again a short time later. So, I got what I deserved on that one. I'll learn. But all's fair and all that jazz. No sour grapes http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/happy.gif

When this game ends, I say we go for a rematch http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/happy.gif I'd love to try again.

YellowCactus
February 4th, 2005, 04:56 PM
The trap you layed 'a turn before we stormed' around venice was sweet! The Five provinces I could have retreated into were all taken by sneaky little Centar devils!
Nice

jeffr
February 4th, 2005, 06:52 PM
Yeah, that was the plan, but you attacked one turn too late. It would have killed everyone except the berserking guys. Of course, I didn't know for sure that you would end up retreating, but I had to hope for something.

Damn, missed it by that much http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/happy.gif

jeffr
February 4th, 2005, 06:59 PM
By the way, Ryleh wiped out a large army of mine by cutting off my retreat route. I didn't even notice until after the battle. Nice move on his part. He didn't use stealth, but I wasn't thinking about it and I payed the price.

YellowCactus
February 4th, 2005, 08:21 PM
Your Fairy Tord god squad has been very successful. When we breached the walls...I teleported in 15 astral mages and my god for 15 S5 quickened soulslayers...but my god didn't participate in the battle...Odd. So you only had to deal with 14 S4 mages. No 'Light of the North Star'.
The teleporting of mages took a turn. So I lucked up and made sure when the attack came that I'd have somewhere to go.
-Yc
PS- Don't even entertain the notion of retaking Italy!
We've got sun-bathing to catch up on.

CUnknown
February 4th, 2005, 11:49 PM
Jeffr: I guess I view attacking someone with less emphasis than you do. I just sort of assume I'm at war with everyone unless we have a peace treaty. I don't take it personally when someone attacks me, but I guess some people do. http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/happy.gif I will definately remember that for the next game I play with you.

jeffr
February 7th, 2005, 06:44 PM
CUnknown - Nothing personal, man http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/happy.gif It's just that I think attacking someone shouldn't be undertaken lightly. I'll respond with all I have. So, no worries and I look forward to our next game, hopefully a rematch after this one concludes http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/happy.gif

CUnknown
February 10th, 2005, 03:12 AM
If everyone agrees, we can conceed victory to YellowCactus (he always wins my games!!). If everyone does not agree, I am more than happy to continue on. I hope someone has something up their sleeve, because he is looking awfully strong.

jeffr
February 10th, 2005, 05:31 PM
I'll concede to YellowCactus. We had our war and he won.

It was a very fun game.

YellowCactus
February 10th, 2005, 05:40 PM
What? Nobody wants some Tartarian lovins?
-Yc

CUnknown
February 11th, 2005, 03:16 AM
I think Abyssia wants lovins YC.

YellowCactus
February 11th, 2005, 12:02 PM
Jeff.
I offer you the Island kingdom of Great Britain. May you permenantly squish the squid faces beneath your hairy hoof.
-Yc

jeffr
February 11th, 2005, 04:49 PM
How generous of you, but I'm afraid I'll have to decline. I will defend Great Britain and fight until I am destroyed, but I will accept no gifts at this point.

In the next game, of course, I'm all for gifts http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/happy.gif

anatoli11
February 12th, 2005, 10:24 AM
I'll give too - YellowCactus has both entertained and crushed in this game...

CUnknown
February 14th, 2005, 04:03 AM
I believe Abyssia has given up as well (he never checks this board, he's a dumb-***). So let me be the first to congradulate Yellow Cactus on his victory!

I'm going to be hosting another one on the same IP very soon. It will be sort of the same idea (early war), but I'm going to go about it differently. I think everyone should start with like 10 provinces, and I'm going to set the indies to 9, but there won't be very many of them.

With a lot of people sharing a border with another human power from turn 1, I think we'll see a lot of both early alliance forming and early war. I like keeping games exciting and actually using national troops. http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/happy.gif

jeffr
February 14th, 2005, 06:40 PM
Yeah, congratulations Yellow Cactus. It was a fun game.

YellowCactus
February 14th, 2005, 08:29 PM
Pan was scary scary! By the way I'm against the 10 province start. I think developing your empire is a huge part of the game. And the 10 Province start would give Caleum HUGE advantages.
Whatever though.
-Yc