PDA

View Full Version : Bug

JaM
June 22nd, 2005, 12:33 PM
I have problem, my game allways crash to desktop during campaign generation, when i click at "number of battles" buton several times...
Win want to send report to microsoft and this they found:

Error caused by Morgan Multimedia: No specific solution found

Problem Description

An analyst at Microsoft has investigated this problem and determined that an unknown error occurred in Morgan Stream Switcher. This software was created by Morgan Multimedia.

Problem Resolution

Microsoft has researched this problem with Morgan Multimedia, and they do not currently have a solution for the problem that you reported. Below is a list of recommendations to take that may help prevent the problem from recurring.

* Contact Morgan Multimedia for support or product updates.

Additional Information

If this problem continues to occur with the latest product updates for Morgan Stream Switcher, we recommend you obtain assistance and troubleshooting information directly from Morgan Multimedia.

Do you know where is a problem?
Thanks

JaM
June 22nd, 2005, 12:53 PM
It crash in game too,i have turned mouse click off, but it seems that any sound make it...

Arralen
June 22nd, 2005, 01:03 PM
Please choose "Start", "Run.." and type in "dxdiag" .
Wait for a while.
Then use "save all info" (or the button which says something simliar), save as .txt file to your desktop. ZIP it up and attach it to a posting here in the forum.

That way we can have a look at your precise machine specs and drivers version etc.

You may include a screenshot of the taskmanager as well, that we might identify some "offending" tasks by name.

Mobhack
June 22nd, 2005, 01:12 PM
JaM said:
It crash in game too,i have turned mouse click off, but it seems that any sound make it...

So - what is this "Morgan Multimedia" that is generating the crash report?.

Is this the name of your sound card, or your installed codec? - if so, best to go to thier website and check there for any updated drivers first.

A quick google on "morgan Multimedia" seems to show http://www.morgan-multimedia.com/ as the web site for the codec you have installed. Try thier support section.

Cheers
Andy

JaM
June 22nd, 2005, 03:16 PM
Here is dxdiag file.
To Mobhack: Ididnt installed this.Never saw this codec.

Mobhack
June 22nd, 2005, 03:54 PM
JaM said:
Here is dxdiag file.
To Mobhack: Ididnt installed this.Never saw this codec.

Probably installed by some other product in the background?.

Morgan Stream Switcher,0x00800001,1,1,MMSwitch.ax,0.09.0009.0000 Appears in your attached dxdiag report.

I plug "Morgan Stream Switcher" into Google and get:
http://www.morgan-multimedia.com/mmswitch/

it seems to be some sort of plug in to Windows Media player, it is a Directshow filter. The game is also using DirectShow, of course. Hence, conflict.
Now you can see that particular page, it may be that you recognise the product?.

You will need to find out what programme is running that filter (if any) or find out how to shut the "Morgan Stream Switcher" off while playing the game. If you never actually use it, then you can of course deinstall it. The help should be at the manufacturer's website noted above.

Cheers
Andy

JaM
June 22nd, 2005, 04:20 PM
Thanks, maybe i solved it,i have downloaded mmswitch installation, installed and uninstalled it.next i deleted MMSwitch.ax from system folder and it works! thanks for fast response! Beware of windows media player 10!!!

thanks

JaM (jaro jakubov)