PDA

View Full Version : PBEM Helper

junk2drive
June 22nd, 2005, 03:37 PM
Any word on making it work with WinSP?

Pyros
June 22nd, 2005, 03:46 PM
It was mentioned once in the development phase but there were other priorities for the game.

Anyway, if you check the "utilities" TAB in the start-up screen you will see that there are 2 links for PBEM GAMES and TOURNAMENT GAMES. If you press any of those links you will be taken to the appropriate directory for accessing the game files.

cheers,
Pyros

p.s I hope that this feature is available on both versions.

Stian
June 23rd, 2005, 01:03 PM
Hi, I got the game today and created the ini file for PBEM Helper to play my friends - basically I just copied the same settings as SPWAW without the .aux and .rec files.

I have attached the file. You will need to copy it into your PBEM Helper directory, then start Helper, and go to Tools|Modify Installed Programs and enable 'WinSPMBT' at the bottom. You'll get a dialog asking you to specify the location of the WinSPMBT executable and then it should recognize the save files.

It looks like the replay data might be included in the .dat-file and not in a separate rec-file as in SPWAW but I might be wrong here.

Hope this helps you out, feel free to ask if you get problems!

cheers,
Stian

junk2drive
June 23rd, 2005, 02:34 PM
Thanks for the file.
I do not use default locations. Mine is E:\WinSPMBT
Do I need to change your text?

Stian
June 23rd, 2005, 03:48 PM
junk2drive said:
Thanks for the file.
I do not use default locations. Mine is E:\WinSPMBT
Do I need to change your text?

No, PBEM Helper should ask you for the location of winSPMBT.exe so it shouldn't be a problem. I use e:\games\WinSPMBT myself http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/happy.gif

Also, I thought maybe the space in the 'PBEM Games' save folder would cause a problem but it seems to work.

Stian

junk2drive
June 23rd, 2005, 04:15 PM
Thanks for the reply and for doing the file.