PDA

View Full Version : Artillery Bug

marko
June 30th, 2005, 08:40 PM
In have found that the AI inexplicably attacks the lower right edge of the map (deep behind its own territory). I am playing a 50/100 map. Is map width the culprit ?

DRG
June 30th, 2005, 08:46 PM
marko said:
In have found that the AI inexplicably attacks the lower right edge of the map (deep behind its own territory). I am playing a 50/100 map. Is map width the culprit ?

I don't know. This is the first report of anything like this. How many points game was this and what were the opponents.? Do you have a save game? 50 high and 100 wide?

Don

marko
July 1st, 2005, 07:44 PM
10,000 point game. Russia vs. China Location 20 Mongolia
Generated Map. I have noticed this behavior before in SPMBT DOS. No save game unfortunately.
PS. I also remember seeing the SA-15 rockets detonate and turn into the bullet animation instead of the proper explosion animation.

DRG
July 1st, 2005, 08:20 PM
marko said:
10,000 point game. Russia vs. China Location 20 Mongolia
Generated Map. I have noticed this behavior before in SPMBT DOS. No save game unfortunately.

When you get one, send it. Nobody else has ever reported this before

marko said:
PS. I also remember seeing the SA-15 rockets detonate and turn into the bullet animation instead of the proper explosion animation.

That I have seen before. Its due to the warhead size

Don

Listy
July 2nd, 2005, 01:22 AM
I Think I reported one of the Russian SAM's Doing this in the DoS game a few months ago. But I think Everyone was busy With testing for WinMBT, so I think It didn't get noticed.

DRG
July 2nd, 2005, 08:49 AM
Listy said:
I Think I reported one of the Russian SAM's Doing this in the DoS game a few months ago. But I think Everyone was busy With testing for WinMBT, so I think It didn't get noticed.

The warhead size was wrong and that influences the sounds and graphics produced. It's been fixed now and will be in the ver101 update and the CD

Don