PDA

View Full Version : Maps a Few Questions

WBWilder
July 21st, 2005, 01:33 PM
Gentlemen:

A few questions for you on maps.

1. Is there anyway to lock in a building to repeat it for a number of hexes, such as a prison compound or a series of similar huts for example?

2. If not, is there a list somewhere of these by number so that a person could type in that number in some way to keep accessing it?

If one wants the same building three times in a row, it can be nightmarish to click over and over again trying to find the same building twice.

3. Are hedgerow heights cumulative? They seem to be. By that I mean if I click out a hedgerow line and for any reason reclick on one of those hedgerows again while the hedgerow icon is active it adds 10 meters to its height.

4. Is there anything other than hedgerow that might be used for a fence or wall?

Thanks for anything you guys have.

WB

scJazz
July 21st, 2005, 03:01 PM
WBWilder said:
<SNIP>

1. Is there anyway to lock in a building to repeat it for a number of hexes, such as a prison compound or a series of similar huts for example?
<SNIP>
WB

The CD version of the Map Editor has a copy/paste function that will work for your needs.

Mobhack
July 21st, 2005, 03:06 PM
WBWilder said:
Gentlemen:

A few questions for you on maps.

2. If not, is there a list somewhere of these by number so that a person could type in that number in some way to keep accessing it?

If one wants the same building three times in a row, it can be nightmarish to click over and over again trying to find the same building twice.

3. Are hedgerow heights cumulative? They seem to be. By that I mean if I click out a hedgerow line and for any reason reclick on one of those hedgerows again while the hedgerow icon is active it adds 10 meters to its height.

4. Is there anything other than hedgerow that might be used for a fence or wall?

Thanks for anything you guys have.

WB

point 1 - Manual, "map Editing Hot keys" link, see the entry for ";" in the table.

point 3 - may be a small buglet

point 4 - no walls.

Cheers
Andy

WBWilder
July 21st, 2005, 04:02 PM
Thanks, Gentlemen! I look forward to the CD. I assume that you can load the CD game on top of the game we have now. I guess the manual will tell me that.

Sorry I missed that little note in the manual. If all else fails, read the manual...again.

Wild Bill

Mobhack
July 21st, 2005, 06:30 PM
WBWilder said:
Thanks, Gentlemen! I look forward to the CD. I assume that you can load the CD game on top of the game we have now. I guess the manual will tell me that.

Sorry I missed that little note in the manual. If all else fails, read the manual...again.

Wild Bill

Installing the CD game, you should really uninstall the download edition first. If you have changes (like scenarios and maps) - then copy the appropriate directories as back-ups.

The install will happily overwrite anything - if say scenario 123 was free, but the new version has an issued scenario 123, and you had made a 123 then your 123 will get nuked. So - backup any files you have made (In your case scenarios and maps probably), and then after the install, move these back into the appropriate folders.

Any PBEM games in progress, you should finish off before installing the CD installation over the download edition, or your games will be toasted, whether you uninstall first, or not. (e.g OOBs may change as with any patch).

It is standard now with any patch upgrade - first, finish or abandon all PBEM games in progress before updating. CD will be v1.01, and the v1.01 patch for the download edition will be released when the CD is live.

Cheers
Andy