PDA

View Full Version : Nammer ARV/APC ?

serg3d
July 25th, 2005, 06:33 AM
Did anyone modify Israel OOB to include Nammer ARV/APC ?
If not, what weapon/targeting/cost should it have, also which icon would be more suitable ?

Mobhack
July 25th, 2005, 07:38 AM
serg3d said:
Did anyone modify Israel OOB to include Nammer ARV/APC ?
If not, what weapon/targeting/cost should it have, also which icon would be more suitable ?

Merkava Armored Recovery Vehicle (ARV)
The Merkava ARV, called Nammer will not be in the OOBS as it is an ARV, and we do not do these as recovery is a lonf term operation outside the game remit.

Merkava based APC/IFV
Israel developed a heavy APC/IFV based on theMerkava tank chassis called Nemmera, but only produced a platoon's worth, due to cost and the need for Merkava hulls for the tank versions.

Following Operation Rainbow and the vulnerablity of M-113 and Stryker APCs, the IDF decided to push foward the Nemmera program.

On February 15, Maariv reported that a runing proto-type was fielded to the Givati Brigade and is equiped with heavy machinegun, controled and loaded from within the vehicle. It was also decided to rename the vehicle from Nemmera to Nammer ("Tiger").

I cannot find any further information on the Nammer APC, pictures or whatever. Also, it appears only to be a testing prototype at the moment - so no idea if the programme will actually produce any results.

Cheers
Andy

Backis
July 25th, 2005, 03:46 PM
Pictures wanted?

http://www.israeli-weapons.com/weapons/vehicles/armored_personnel_carriers/namera/Namera.htm

Search for Namer or Nemer, I think the double-m's you use might be throwing the searchengines off target.

serg3d
July 25th, 2005, 04:43 PM
I already found entry in the Israel OOB, it's available from 2008 and called Merkava MICV.

DRG
July 25th, 2005, 09:53 PM
serg3d said:
I already found entry in the Israel OOB, it's available from 2008 and called Merkava MICV.

There will be a new Icon for it included in the patch.

Don