PDA

View Full Version : adding Campaigns

KevinRanger95
August 13th, 2005, 10:05 PM
I'm having problems adding these files. For one I don't know how to for one. I have downloaded the silver lion Camp but I don't know what to do with it now, do I rename the files or do I just put them in the Campaign folder? I can't find any similar file names either!!!! can someone please help, by the way the posts were sounding this is a awesome campaign, and really people it has nothing to do with me being a cav guy!!!!!!!! What ever!!!!!!!!!
please help!!!!!!!!!!!

DRG
August 13th, 2005, 10:38 PM
Just download the files and extract them to the campaign folder.

FYI Silver Lions will be included with the patch

Don

KevinRanger95
August 14th, 2005, 06:19 AM
thank you!!!!!!!!!

Mobhack
August 14th, 2005, 02:15 PM
KevinRanger95 said:
I'm having problems adding these files. For one I don't know how to for one. I have downloaded the silver lion Camp but I don't know what to do with it now, do I rename the files or do I just put them in the Campaign folder? I can't find any similar file names either!!!! can someone please help, by the way the posts were sounding this is a awesome campaign, and really people it has nothing to do with me being a cav guy!!!!!!!! What ever!!!!!!!!!
please help!!!!!!!!!!!

The manual, "User campaign editor", pretty much the last paragraph reads:

Distributing Your User Campaign

Bundle up: UcampNNN.dat, UcampNNN.txt (if used), all the generated CNNNSXXX.DAT scenario files, and any UCCCLNNN.txt files you created. Wrap these up in a ZIP file, and instruct the user to extract to his \Campaigns directory.

- All campaign distributions should really have this basic info for newbies in the included documentation.

Cheers
Andy

Double_Deuce
August 15th, 2005, 02:40 PM
Mobhack said:

Distributing Your User Campaign

Bundle up: UcampNNN.dat, UcampNNN.txt (if used), all the generated CNNNSXXX.DAT scenario files, and any UCCCLNNN.txt files you created. Wrap these up in a ZIP file, and instruct the user to extract to his \Campaigns directory.

- All campaign distributions should really have this basic info for newbies in the included documentation.

Agreed. http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/fear.gif

Some of us who've played these games long enough should remember to mention that in our Scenario and Campaign instructions.