View Full Version : TFW: SAS = Undisciplined and lying
August 16th, 2005, 09:32 PM
Okay, humor aside a bit, http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/happy.gif I'm experiencing the following in the Demo:
As per the Pebble Island Tutorial I set each of the Troop's first node to "no-go", then after Starting the game do I order them to "Go". Thing is, the node changes to "Go"/triangle up, but then right back to "no-go"/triangle down, and they wont move. "What's up wit dat?" Don't like takin' orders from a Yank? http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/biggrin.gif But this doesn't always happen. Sometimes, they move out, yet the Node still shows "no-go"/triangle down!!
Now add to the above: twice I've kept the NGFO's node at "no-go"....and they move out!!! It's do-the-opposite-of-what-the-CO-wants!!
I've gone so far as to order the individual teams to move out--two marched to the RV; the others stayed back...sippin' hot chai!
August 17th, 2005, 06:34 PM
You could try the following.
Give the unit you are trying to move a No Formation order. Then give the move commands you want the unit to adopt.
Once the unit starts moving you should then be able to give the unit the formation order you want it to use.
If that does not work let me know I will will pass it on to Pat.
August 17th, 2005, 09:26 PM
Make sure that the unit has more than one node. Start path planning for a unit and then right-click and drag to place the second node. This node is its destination. THEN turn the unit's first node to a "go-node" and it will go to the destination you have set.
Without a destination, a unit just stops.
August 19th, 2005, 12:05 PM
Hi, guys. How are ya?
I'm re-playing the Tutorial. Some things I believe I can attribute to "Commander Error" on my part. But I'm hoping you will clear up some questions I have. I just took notes while playing the Tutorial:
1) changing formations stops a unit. After formation change, heirarchy must be ordered to "Go" even if current and next Node is "go".
2) POSITIONS of distant nodes adjust in relation to movement of heirarchy; position but not arrangement
3) must Stop game to issue "Go/No-Go" order to heirarchies; otherwise order will be disregarded.
4) Clicking "Stop" in either Menu bar or context-sensitive menu shows all heirarchies as stopped (Stop Sign) even when units are not stopped/still moving. These heirarchies were never ordered to stop.
5) Attack Time descriptive text incomplete/cut-off
6) NGFO is the only heirarchy which will display the correct node status: "Go" when moving; "No-Go" when stopped. Other heirarchies always display "No-Go", even when moving.
7) I must check again, but I believe, after assigning a mission to one of my heirarchies (Mobility Troop: Assault), the assigned path was cleared out. This despite my ordering that they follow the current path.
When I find an app to take screenshots while running TFW--FRAPS will not work http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/frown.gif) I'll post a better AAR.
August 19th, 2005, 02:41 PM
Thanks for the spot report!
Most useful to us is a savedgame, showing the situation. Just save the game before the repeatable error occurs, and then e-mail that saved game file (you can find it in the Savegame folder) to:
Along with some instructions on how to recreate the error.
August 20th, 2005, 05:50 PM
August 20th, 2005, 06:56 PM
Thanks! We'll take a crack at it. WE HATE BUGS!!
vBulletin® v3.7.0, Copyright ©2000-2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.