PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Command Hierarchy

scJazz
September 20th, 2005, 11:36 AM
I am working on updating/tweaking the Red Storm Rising campaign for DOS SPMBT. I have noticed a problem with the command hierarchy.

If I edit the scenario used for Node 0 in the campaign the command hierarchy is correct. A0 is overall command. B0 commands C, D, E, F, G. H0 commands I, J, K, etc. All of the Company commanders are correctly marked as such as are each of the platoon commanders.

If I add this scenario as Node 0 in the campaign and start the campaign the entire hierarchy shifts so that...
A0 is still marked as Battalion HQ but only commands 3 artillery groups.
B0 commands nothing
C, D, E and F are commanded by the last unit in G platoon G7.
The same is repeated throughout the command structure.

Copies of a saved game from Campaign start and as a single scenario start are attached.

DRG
September 20th, 2005, 02:51 PM
Load the scenario and go to the HQ menu and try the "FIX CMD" button and see if that helps you.

Don

scJazz
September 24th, 2005, 04:54 PM
Problem persists after using the Fix CMD feature to reassign all commands.

Before using fix cmd the node 0 scenario when played as a scenario had all command levels correct. When opening the scenario in editor all command levels correct. Used fix command to reassign all. Editted campaign to add this scenario as node 0 of a fixed core campaign. Started the campaign. Problem! All companies are now commanded by the last squad in each of the companies.

B0 commands nothing and is a member of no company. Should be company commander... commanding C, D, E, F, G platoons.

C, D, E, F, G platoons commanded by G7.

It is kind of like company command decremented through the company squads and ended up as last unit not first unit of the company.

Jazz

Flyboy
December 20th, 2005, 02:25 PM
Any progress to report on the Red Storm Rising campaign? Looking forward to it . . .

hoplitis
December 28th, 2005, 01:43 PM
Hi everyone,
It's my first post in the forum.
The same "chain of command" problem is found in the Balkan Wars 2008 campaign. I think all the "new" campaigns have the same problem.

hoplitis
December 28th, 2005, 07:49 PM
Correction: ONLY the Balkan Wars 2008 campaign has the "chain of command" problem.