PDA

View Full Version : Weekend matches

Sammas
September 29th, 2005, 07:03 PM
I'll try to be on as much as possible this weekend (Fri/Sat for you people in the US), and I hope everyone else will be on a fair bit so we can all play a few matches.

One trick is to open LoL, log in to the online lobby, and if no one is around just stay there and open LoL a second time so that you can play skirmish or campaign and switch back and forth to check whether anyone else is in the lobby.

It would be useful if we could see games in progress from the lobby, and even better if we could converse with people in those games from the lobby. Maybe just register a name as being online when they logon, and remove them on finalise/destruct? Then allow people to see which names are online.

Those kind of things can help keep a small multiplayer community going, so it has a chance to grow.

Hiro_Antagonist
September 29th, 2005, 08:20 PM
Sammas,

You're absolutely correct about knowing which people are in games. I've been giving some thought to that recently, and it's a problem I want to solve.

(I actually woke up the other night, realizing I was looking for a solution to that in my dream. Yes, I'm weird, but it shows I care about making the game good. =)

Anyway, that won't make it into the upcoming v1.10 patch, but my plan is to put that, and some other lobby-centric features into the following patch.

-Hiro_Antagonist

Sammas
September 29th, 2005, 09:10 PM
Sounds great - looking forward to it http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/wink.gif

In other news, I'm having a lot of fun playing the legendary campaign.

Combat Wombat
September 30th, 2005, 11:23 AM
Got my game yesterday but I can't get on till Sunday