PDA

View Full Version : Addicted... But...

Xias_Shadore
November 29th, 2005, 05:48 PM
I am addicted to this game. I spend more time at work playing this game then I do working. If I get fired I am going to blame the developers.

but...

I have one complaint. When in a battle and I get close to an enemy ship, say when I am cloaked, and the screen zooms in really close, I find it hard to get away from the [censored] to align for an attack because of how close it is zoomed in. Is there a way to stop it from zooming in so much? Or to order the ship to move a distence by clicking outside the view area without turning me into a coward that flees the battle?

I was also a bit shocked by a bit of lag I recieved during a sim game. I had a great many ships, the max amounts, and the refresh rate went horrible untill a great deal of ships were destroyed. The reason this shocks me is that I am running an AMD Athlon 64bit with a 1200 bus.. 1gig of pc3200 ram, and a 64mb ati graphics card. I am also running Windows XP 64bit. Note, this is a laptop though, but that should not matter. Anyway, The lag issue did not bother me. I just thought I would bring it up.

Also... longer games with more items would be neat too. I risk getting bored soon. Although, I do know that mods can be made.... so some one hurry up and make some good mods... anyway... my ranting is done. Thanks for a wonderful game.

jab2565
November 29th, 2005, 07:55 PM
I noticed that as well on my comp. If I'm fighting 4 or 5 garthian cruisers ,and they start producing fighter ships + any other ships are around, the game starts lagging bad.

Yeah that's my only real complaint, more stuff. Hopefully any day now the mod community will get their hands on this http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/happy.gif

Fingers
November 29th, 2005, 10:58 PM
Yes, it's possible to create battles in the simulator that are way bigger than any you'll see in the game itself and it'll be taxing to any system. We simply chose not to limit the simulator too much because it's your choice to do so and choices are good...

Bwt, if you click at the edge of the screen, your ship will move in that direction until you tell it to do otherwise (It won't escape from combat until it hits the edge of the map).