PDA

View Full Version : scenario 85

narwan
December 7th, 2005, 03:17 PM
Noticed that in scenario 85 (Iraq advances) the Iranian tanks (M60A1's and the Centurions) all come mostly with AP rounds for AT purposes but both types have an AP penetration value of 0 listed.

Narwan

DRG
December 7th, 2005, 07:33 PM
Most likely the result of an earlier OOB having AP ammo ratings then a later upgrade removed the AP rating in the game and providing the tank in the OOB with Heat and Sabot only which left the scenario with tanks full of useless ammo. I will fix this and add it to the "V3" upgrades.

Don

DRG
December 7th, 2005, 07:42 PM
And just WHERE are these "Centurians" in the scenario?? There are Chieftain's but no Centurians.

Attached is the corrected scenario

Don

narwan
December 8th, 2005, 08:13 PM
DRG said:
And just WHERE are these "Centurians" in the scenario?? There are Chieftain's but no Centurians.

Don

Sorry 'bout that. Somehow I always mix those two types up.

I also noticed some things in scenario 77; the North Korean concrete bunkers with 85mm D48 guns (D0 through E2) are equiped with heat rounds (among other types) but that gun lacks a heat penetration score.
And all the NK units face due east, including all of the bunkers. With the attackers coming from the south that's not the best way to be looking for those bunkers. While the scenario could be assuming a 'flanking' attack on a fixed line, the general layout (trenches, mines, unit deployment) does point towards a 'south oriented' defensive line, not east. And as I said, all the bunkers (and there are lots of them) have exactly the same, due east, facing which seems unlikely. It also gives some of them hardly any effective field of fire. So I suspect something may have gone wrong here concerning the bunker facings.

Narwan

DRG
December 9th, 2005, 10:50 AM
Yeah, 77's a mess. Someone, at some point has added new units and that changed all the units back to their original east-west facings. This one is not a simple fix but I'll note it down and get it done for V3

Don