PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming v1.20 features

Hiro_Antagonist
January 10th, 2006, 03:34 PM
Hey all,

For anyone interested, here are the change notes for the upcoming v1.20 patch, which is currently in beta testing.

Changes in v1.20:
BUGFIX: Fixed several save issues where terrain types (portals, cities) would change types if you saved/loaded a campaign mission.
BUGFIX: Fixed a bug where if you clicked on a unit as the target of an ability, then immediately tried to double-click on that unit to move it, the game would detect a double-click after your first click.
BUGFIX: Fixed an issue in Afflicted 1 where if you freed/converted an Archer, moved the Archer, and then used Undo, the unit would revert back to Evil's control.
BUGFIX: Maps in online games are now properly limited by player levels.
BUGFIX: Players could enter characters into the password field on the website that the game wouldn't allow them to enter. The password field will only accept valid characters now.
BUGFIX: Fixed a rare bug related to lobby challenge events.
BUGFIX: (Hopefully) fixed a rare crash that happened on the load screen for unknown reasons.
BALANCE: Afflicted 2 (Standard and Legendary) made a bit easier.
NEW FEATURE: Players with the v1.20 demo may now play online. All demo players are considered level 1 for purposes of allowing races/maps, regardless of how many games they play.
NEW FEATURE: A beep now sounds, and the window icon now flashes in the task bar when the player is online and the other play chats, logs in, logs out, or does an important action, but only if the LOL window is backgrounded or minimized.
NEW FEATURE: Players in the lobby can now see which players are in a game.
NEW FEATURE: An options button has been added to the lobby, allowing players to toggle full-screen/music/sound/etc while in lobby.
NEW FEATURE: Players can now right-click on an empty square to make units more transparent, allowing them to see terrain more clearly.
NEW FEATURE: Missions completed with the v1.20 demo will now be marked as completed in the full version of Land of Legends.
NEW FEATURE: The beep/flash also happens when playing against the AI, when the AI ends its turn, and only if the window is backgrounded/minimized.
CHANGE: The Save and Load buttons are now disabled for the demo when playing in Skirmish mode.
CHANGE: The Save feature is now disabled for the demo when playing in Campaign mode.
CHANGE: Various spelling and grammar errors were corrected.
CHANGE: Changed Exception Handler to prompt people to send errors to bugs@tinyhero.com (instead of scott@tinyhero.com.)
CHANGE: Updated the message shown when someone logs off of the game server to be less confusing.
CHANGE: Number pad is now supported, and always registers as a number keypress (whether or not numlock is on.)
NEW SKIRMISH/INTERNET MAP: Bullseye (Level 2 -- Inspired by a design by CombatWombat)
NEW SKIRMISH/INTERNET MAP: Holden's Pond (Level 3)

-Hiro_Antagonist

Hiro_Antagonist
January 10th, 2006, 10:52 PM
Added:
NEW FEATURE: Players can now right-click on an empty square to make units more transparent, allowing them to see terrain more clearly.

Combat Wombat
January 11th, 2006, 01:33 AM
Hiro_Antagonist said:
NEW SKIRMISH/INTERNET MAP: Bullseye (Inspired by a design by CombatWombat)
-Hiro_Antagonist

Can't wait to see what it looks like http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/happy.gif

brokensword
January 11th, 2006, 01:40 AM

By far the most important change. Right now it looks like no online community exists (because you can't see anyone in games)... I can not wait for this change.

Combat Wombat
January 11th, 2006, 02:23 AM
brokensword said:

By far the most important change. Right now it looks like no online community exists (because you can't see anyone in games)... I can not wait for this change.

Well if you goto my site and click on the server stats link at the bottom of the main page you will see everyones stats. There are actually people playing online. It is just hard to find them right now http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/happy.gif

http://www.secenter.org/lol

Quitch
January 11th, 2006, 12:52 PM
How about lobby status icons? Since the crowd is currently small the current tactic is log in, wait in windowed mode and hope for another player.

It would be handy of the client could detect if the machine it's based on was active (keyboard input in any window etc.) and then display an AFK icon next to the player if it's not after five or ten minutes. That'd save some pointless challenging.

PhilD
January 11th, 2006, 03:14 PM
Quitch said:
How about lobby status icons? Since the crowd is currently small the current tactic is log in, wait in windowed mode and hope for another player.

Yeah, having an icon in the game (and in the taskbar, if that's possible) that tells you if there's someone in the lobby would be nice...

Quitch
January 11th, 2006, 03:59 PM
Here's an idea, an option to minimise to the system tray, complete with ballon alerts for people joining the lobby and challenging you (along with alert sounds).

Hiro_Antagonist
January 19th, 2006, 05:44 PM
I added a few new completed items to the change list at the top of this thread. Lots more to come still...

Sammas
January 20th, 2006, 04:48 AM
Having demo players in will be pretty cool

Saber Cherry
January 21st, 2006, 04:18 AM
Hiro_Antagonist said:
NEW FEATURE: Players with the v1.20 demo may now play online. All demo players are considered level 1 and don't gain experience. They can only choose the demo races (Humans/Elves).

I'll be looking forward to it! I was just about to install the demo (now that I'm back at a computer that can run it) until I saw this post... and noticed that the demo is an October version... so, as I always like to experience a game for the first time in its "perfect form", I'll idle until the v1.20 demo is out http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/happy.gif

Quitch
January 21st, 2006, 09:12 PM
What's the ETA on this patch?

Hiro_Antagonist
January 21st, 2006, 11:54 PM
No firm ETA, but we'll probably have this stuff ready in a couple of weeks or so.

Making the demo playable online is a giant task, and we're half-way through it right now. And there are a few other bug-fixes/features left to add after that.

-Hiro_Antagonist

Quitch
January 22nd, 2006, 06:14 PM
I'd still like to see the ability to Window/Full Screen from the lobby (in game you go full screen, then you come out but need to leave the lobby to change back to windowed to continue your browsing).

1.3?

Hiro_Antagonist
January 22nd, 2006, 11:35 PM
I'll try to fit that in v1.20, with a button somewhere on the lobby screen that brings up the options just like any other screen. =)

-Hiro_Antagonist

Sammas
January 23rd, 2006, 04:26 AM
Small suggestion: When the game is finished, and someone leaves the game stats screen, it says something to the effect that they "logged off", which can be a bit confusing. Perhaps just say they've gone back to the lobby?

Hiro_Antagonist
January 24th, 2006, 06:19 PM
Quitch said:
I'd still like to see the ability to Window/Full Screen from the lobby (in game you go full screen, then you come out but need to leave the lobby to change back to windowed to continue your browsing).

1.3?

I added this today, and it will be in the upcoming v1.20 patch.

Sammas said:
Small suggestion: When the game is finished, and someone leaves the game stats screen, it says something to the effect that they "logged off", which can be a bit confusing. Perhaps just say they've gone back to the lobby?

I also changed this message a bit, so hopefully it'll be more clear now.

-Hiro_Antagonist

DayStar
January 25th, 2006, 01:38 AM
I would really like quicksave and quickload function keys for use at any point in single-player campaigns and skirmishes. Also, permanent multiple saves and loads anywhere, like in just about any good game on the market!

I also want much, much harder scenarios for Legendary (or better yet, add a third "Nightmare" mode). "Lend a Helping Hand" was the only scenario that was really worthwhile!

I would also like to see a much better computer AI, although I realize that probably won't be forthcoming.

Quitch
January 25th, 2006, 08:50 AM
I thought the final mission in the human campaign was a good example of how the missions should be. Tricky, yet not in a fustrating "50 tries" sort of way. Only took me three tries, yet it felt satisfying when I won.

Lend a Helping Hand is just way out of whack with the rest of the campaign. I don't mind missions being that hard, just so long as the rest were too (and yes I know it's being made easier).

I'd like to see less "learner" second missions.

beans
February 12th, 2006, 05:10 AM
I really enjoy the Land of Legends game. I am looking forward to the patch as well.

I am also a big fan of Nectaris, Military Madness, Fire Emblem, and Advance Wars. I enjoy playing your game it may push Advance Wars out of first place.

Hiro_Antagonist
March 21st, 2006, 11:59 PM
Hey all -- Just wanted to give you an update. We finished the v1.20 patch today, and are in the process of packaging it up to send to Shrapnel for some beta testing!

This is a giant patch that will require at least a week of beta testing, so I thank you in advance for your continued patience, but I think this patch will be more than worth it. =)

I've updated the change notes at the top of this thread with the final patch notes.

-Hiro_Antagonist

Saber Cherry
March 22nd, 2006, 12:47 AM
Yay! Will the v1.20 demo come out at the same time?

Hiro_Antagonist
March 22nd, 2006, 01:06 AM
It should come out at about the same time, but the exact timing details are more up to Shrapnel than me...

-Hiro_Antagonist

Combat Wombat
March 22nd, 2006, 12:26 PM
The list keeps getting better and better http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/happy.gif

Hiro_Antagonist
March 29th, 2006, 02:04 PM
Just a quick heads-up -- the v1.20 patch/demo has been released to our wonderful beta testers, who will hopefully start pounding on it soon.

We're not sure yet how long beta testing will last. It largely depends on how stable things seem and how much our beta testers test it.

(If you're a beta tester, head on over to the LOL beta-testing forum to see how to download v1.20!)

-Hiro_Antagonist

Elementalist
May 5th, 2007, 03:44 PM
y when i conect to internet y don't see anyone in looby whaths the problem?(i use demo version)

Combat Wombat
May 5th, 2007, 04:38 PM
Chances are there was no one online at the time. But there are people that play I just looked at the server stats and theres 2 very long games going on right now. So at least 4 people are playing.

Elementalist
May 10th, 2007, 08:22 AM
haaaaaa ok.
the server is some new and don't work very good no?
y can wait!

pd:Where y can post mi suggestions?.