PDA

View Full Version : New Noob Game

Pages : [1] 2

Kontraband
January 30th, 2006, 08:19 PM
Having just missed the last slot avalible in The Winnowing game i have decided to start a second noob only game. So if u have played 3 or less games and would like to play sign up below.

Server is up and running at:
IP: 67.190.105.206
Port: 2003

Map: Cradle of Dominion Map File (http://ulm.illwinter.com/dom2/Cradle2.zip)
10 Players: No underwater or pop killing domain.
Starting Provinces: 1
Independant Strength: 7
Site Frequency: 55
World Richness: Rich
Random Events: Common
Score Graph: Enabled
Hall of Fame: 10
Research: Difficult
Mods: conceptual balancing 5.2 http://www.shrapnelcommunity.com/threads/download.php?Number=383903

Mictlan = castigated
Ermor = Morkilus
T'ien Chi = Kissblade
Ulm = Kontraband
Caelum = Nah27
C'tis = Folket
Marignon = nihilistic
Abysia = DaMilano
Pangaea = Peacekeeper
Vanhiem = OG_Gleep

Please make only one race selection at a time to keep confusion to a minimum.

I am willing to host this game and run it though have never played multiplayer before so if there is another person signing up who would like to host instead that would be great, or if u know how to host and just have a little advice to send to me that would be good also.

castigated
January 30th, 2006, 09:09 PM
i think i technically have 5mp games under my belt. and i made it into the other noob game. but i'll play Mictlan if you let me http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/happy.gif

as far as hosting goes, the two things to consider (as i understand it) are:
1) can you be online for the duration of the game (many months). if not, a PBEM (play by email) game may be better.
2) are you behind a router? if so, you will need to know how to forward the ports from that router to your computer.

let me know if you want me to play or not, i won't be hurt if you say no.

Kontraband
January 30th, 2006, 10:08 PM
THx m8 for the tips, i suppose 3 games may have been a bit to restricting so sure u can play, as for the tips, i am behind a router but i got a few net working friends who can tell me the port forwarding stuff, and as for needing the machine to run non stop though my machine does run non stop i cant garantee that there wont be ocasional drop off's so i think PBM would be best.

castigated
January 30th, 2006, 10:11 PM
it is probably best to wait a week or so before we start this, because on the other noob game, we're really tight, so i bet at least 3-4 people will drop/die quite quickly. then they will probably be interested. i'd keep the thread open, though, so people can join up as they die, or whenever they feel like it.

also, if you want, i can host a pbem game if you want to organize it. i'll make up a new email address just for the game, that i will release closer to the time.

or you can host if you want, up to you.

Kontraband
January 30th, 2006, 10:15 PM
If u could host a PBM game i would be greatfull and willing to orginize it. And im more than willing to wait a few weeks before we start

Morkilus
January 30th, 2006, 11:38 PM
I'd like to play if it starts this Sunday or later. Let me know if you want to start sooner and I'll bow out. I'd like to try Ermor (BE) or Abysia, though I'm flexible.

Kontraband
January 30th, 2006, 11:47 PM
im looking to launch in a week + a day or 2 so sure ure welcome to join, ill put u down for eomer but if ud rather play as abysia just say.

KissBlade
January 30th, 2006, 11:51 PM
I'd like to play T'ien Chi.

castigated
January 31st, 2006, 12:04 AM
i _strongly_ suggest everyone picks ONE race. this will avoid the confusion we had in the other noob game. if you can't pick one race, don't post until you can http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/tongue.gif

Kontraband
January 31st, 2006, 12:22 AM
we also need a name for the game, any sugestions?
I was thinking "Swing and a Miss" as its a noob game

PashaDawg
January 31st, 2006, 12:28 AM
Hi All:

Here's my three cents... http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/happy.gif

I don't think that it is necessary to have a special email address as a PBEM host. I am currently hosting 2 PBEM games and have played several 1x1 or 1x1x1 PBEM games. On the other hand, a special email address wouldn't hurt.

It's usually helpful to have a keyword in the subject line of emails (e.g, "Noob," "RAND", etc.) Then you can use an email filter to collect all email correspondence to a designated folder for easy retrieval and record keeping. This is helpful for the host and for player diplomacy.

I have a Mac and use the automator function to quickly create the various emails with addresses and attachments after I have hosted a turn. I am sure there is a similar thing available for Windows.

Finally, it's important to make regular backups on an external hard drive or something just in case. I actually create an archive of each turn in case players wish to peek after the game is done. A master password for the host is helpful for that.

In the long run, I actually prefer PBEM over a server. Servers are a bit of a pain to connect to. PBEM simply requires saving the various files to the correct folder, which is very easy.

Just my thoughts... Have fun!

Pasha

castigated
January 31st, 2006, 01:15 AM
I appreciate the feedback, pasha. i figure it's just as easy to give everyone an email address just for the game as it is my own. well, actually, as far as anyone else is concerned it doesn't matter, but for my own preference, i would prefer to not clutter up my person email address.

i was definitely planning on making backup copies of every turn, just in case things go wrong.

also, for kontra, i edited my post picking my race before you put up our races, but i guess you were editing by memory, as opposed to by looking (which i was hoping for), so if you could switch me to mictlan, that would be cool http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/happy.gif

Kontraband
January 31st, 2006, 01:20 AM
done

castigated
January 31st, 2006, 01:36 AM
call me crazy, but i'm still down as pangea http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/tongue.gif...oh, and it's Ermor, not Eomor

KissBlade
January 31st, 2006, 02:12 AM
Just curious but why these settings? O_o I don't mind the indie level but the other changes are a little interesting ...

Folket
January 31st, 2006, 03:26 AM
I would like to join as C'tis.

I see three download for the map, is it the fixed cradle2 file I should download?

Nah27
January 31st, 2006, 03:41 AM
I'd also like to join, playing as Caelum

Ironhawk
January 31st, 2006, 04:54 AM
Kontra, I can host this game as well, if you like.

Kontraband
January 31st, 2006, 05:23 AM
Folket, Nah27 ure both welcome aboard. As for the map, get "Download map with fixed map file: cradle.zip" and ironhawk castigated has allready offered to PBM so maybe once weve gotten all 10 players we can vote on it?

castigated
January 31st, 2006, 05:45 AM
I don't mind hosting at all, but a master password _is_ a good idea, and one of the players having the master password could inspire distrust, so if you don't mind, it might be a good idea http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/wink.gif

nihilistic
January 31st, 2006, 07:06 AM
I am playing in the Winnowing, but if it is ok with you I would like to play in this as well, being a complete newbie. Sign me up for Marignon if it is still available.

Folket
January 31st, 2006, 11:18 AM
I have no problem with castigated having master password.

DaMilano
January 31st, 2006, 02:04 PM
I would like to come aboard as Abysia

Kontraband
January 31st, 2006, 03:21 PM
nihilistic, DaMilano ure both onboard, asfor the master password i dont mind castigated having one if he hosts, the game starts on monday the 6th of feb and we have only 2 slots left.

Ironhawk
January 31st, 2006, 04:57 PM
Kontraband said:
ironhawk castigated has allready offered to PBM so maybe once weve gotten all 10 players we can vote on it?

Your call. Personally I think that PBEM is a lot more work. Just let me know if you need me.

Peacekeeper
January 31st, 2006, 05:59 PM
ill take the ninth slot as Jotunheim, but keep in mind whoever is hosting this that priority slots should go to people who missed out in the other noob game.

i think everybody but mork, kontra and kiss are in the other one.

Kontraband
January 31st, 2006, 07:05 PM
Ironhawk its undecided yet wether or not castigated will be host, once we have all 10 players there will be a vote for PBM or server, peacekeeper welcome aboard. and point taken about giving slots to people who missed the other game so ill reserve the last slot for some1 who missed the other game.

Peacekeeper
January 31st, 2006, 08:25 PM
im willing to drop out if more than one not-in-the-other-game-noob wants to play this one.

Kontraband
January 31st, 2006, 08:47 PM
ok, ill keep that in mind

Kontraband
February 2nd, 2006, 07:18 AM
So everyone ok with Feb 6th?

KissBlade
February 2nd, 2006, 03:26 PM
A little clarification, are you hosting or is it PBEM? if it's PBEM can you elaborate a little how it works or point me somewhere? I'll gloss over the Multiplayer FAQ but I haven'd had the most time lately.

nihilistic
February 2nd, 2006, 04:39 PM
Fine for me.

OG_Gleep
February 2nd, 2006, 04:48 PM
I'll take van if a slot is still open

castigated
February 2nd, 2006, 06:41 PM
i'll give more detailed instructions later, but basically, everyone sends me their god. then, i send email you all with turn 1. then you play your turn, and email me back with your turn file. then i send you turn 2 and repeat. i'll give more detailed instructions with the file extentions (.2h, .trn, etc) closer to the date. i'm just a little busy today and tomorrow.

Oversway
February 2nd, 2006, 07:35 PM
You can find an in depth explaination of hosting (including pbem) here (http://www.shrapnelcommunity.com/threads/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=325347)

OG_Gleep
February 2nd, 2006, 10:43 PM
O and I'd just like to say, connecting to a server is a lot easier than PBEM.

PBEM - Open e-mail, Download attatchment, play turn, open e-mail, send attatchment.

Server - If your only playing on network game: Hit network, play turn, hit end turn.
If your playing more than one: Hit network, enter IP, enter Port, Play turn.

Server>>>PBEM

Kontraband
February 2nd, 2006, 11:52 PM
Ok, i will say this again, there will be a vote between all members of the game once the 10th has been selected and sorry OG_Gleep but the last slot will be kept open for someone who wasnt in The Winnowing untill sunday. If sunday comes and the slot is still free you will have first turn down on it.

Folket
February 3rd, 2006, 02:08 AM
I would prefer TCP/IP if possible.

Kontraband
February 3rd, 2006, 02:56 AM
ok theres enough of us so i guess we can have vote now and if its 4/5 wait till the 10th has joined and voted

ill keep count here

Votes For TCP/IP
Folket

Votes For PBEM

castigated
February 3rd, 2006, 03:31 AM
i would also prefer tcp/ip, but who can host it? i didn't think anyone could. if someone can, all votes for tcp/ip. i didn't think that was what we were voting for....

Folket
February 3rd, 2006, 03:42 AM
Ironhawk said he could host this game as well. He could host as TCP/IP.

Kontraband
February 3rd, 2006, 04:14 AM
yeah ironhawk said he could host it and if u wanna play TCP/IP then we will cause u were gonna be the PBEM host, ill PM ironhawk now and see if he will still do it

castigated
February 3rd, 2006, 04:51 AM
i don't think he ever stated, but i always assumed he meant he could host pbem. re-reading, i could be wrong, but he still wasn't specific. TCP/IP definitely is easier.

gg ironhawk.

nihilistic
February 3rd, 2006, 05:47 AM
Kontraband: If someone else other than you hosts this game it should probably be their choice if it will be tcp/ip or pbem.

Either way is fine for me.

Kontraband
February 3rd, 2006, 07:11 AM
nihilistic, castigated has offered to host a PBEM game and Oronhawk has offered to host an TCP/IP game.

KissBlade
February 3rd, 2006, 01:58 PM
I vote TCP/IP

DaMilano
February 3rd, 2006, 04:45 PM
I'm for TCP/IP as well

Peacekeeper
February 3rd, 2006, 04:50 PM
im tcp/ip as well, and i believe that makes 5, need 1 more...

Nah27
February 3rd, 2006, 04:57 PM
Either is fine for me, but I do know how tcp/ip works at least.

Ironhawk
February 3rd, 2006, 05:14 PM
Yeah I can host your game TCP/IP. You have chosen crade of dominions tho which has several different "fixed" versions. Please point me to the *exact* .map file that you wish to use

castigated
February 3rd, 2006, 05:30 PM
Kontraband said:
Folket, Nah27 ure both welcome aboard. As for the map, get "Download map with fixed map file: cradle.zip" and ironhawk castigated has allready offered to PBM so maybe once weve gotten all 10 players we can vote on it?

i thought that was pretty clear. also, as on the first post, it's found here: http://www.illwinter.com/dom2/maps.html

Peacekeeper
February 3rd, 2006, 05:32 PM
at least 3 different "fixed map files" on that site...

and after looking at the map, isnt it a little big for 10 people?

KissBlade
February 3rd, 2006, 06:47 PM
Mind you, there is a very fixed one below the first two "fixed" versions. Is it that one?

castigated
February 3rd, 2006, 07:01 PM
okay. i feel bad treating you all like you are in kindergarden, but let's put it this way. follow that link. then hit ctrl+f. then type in (as written above)"Download map with fixed map file: cradle.zip."...then see what you find.

Ironhawk
February 3rd, 2006, 11:12 PM
As you should feel. Clearly there is room for interpretation if two of your fellow players in addition to myself are questioning? I will wait for Kontra to explicitly state what he wants used instead of starting a game based on an assumption.

Peacekeeper
February 3rd, 2006, 11:19 PM
so the not completly fixed map file then cast?

i have a feeling your wrong =)

castigated
February 4th, 2006, 12:01 AM
the reason i think that is because he used the EXACT WORDING, including punctuation, that was on the page. that makes me think that he probably copy/pasted the one he was referring to. then again, he also could have gone in and c/p'ed the map that he wasn't referring to, but if that's the case, i would like to state that i still don't think i'm the idiot here http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/tongue.gif

KissBlade
February 4th, 2006, 02:20 AM
I might have to change my vote PBM. I just realized I can't connect to Ironhawk's server it appears ... and probably not any server for that fact. =(

Kontraband
February 4th, 2006, 02:40 AM
The correct map is the one stated by castigated, and KissBlade if u cannot connect to server then the game will have to be PBEM, i will ask castigated if he is still willing to host and inform Ironhawk that his help will no longer be need.

castigated
February 4th, 2006, 02:42 AM
we're currently troubleshooting his connection. if we can't get him up, though, i will host pbem.

and, with regards to the map, HA!

edit: on that note, though, i am going to vote that we switch to the cradle2.zip file, the fixed-fixed version. just because it doesn't make much sense to use any version but the most up to date, and most fixed version.

Kontraband
February 4th, 2006, 02:49 AM
ok, well ill leave of doing anything definite untill you have done

Ironhawk
February 4th, 2006, 03:35 AM
heh

The Panther
February 4th, 2006, 06:46 PM
Peacekeeper said:

and after looking at the map, isnt it a little big for 10 people?

Yes, the map is fairly large. You probably want some kind of victory condition (like VPs or maybe about 45-50% provinces) to keep the game from going on too long.

However, ten players on this map is quite comfortable, especially for a bunch of new players. Everybody will have lots of elbow room and can take out a bunch of independants before having to worry about any human players.

I like the map because it is so darn pretty!

castigated
February 4th, 2006, 06:53 PM
the issue was sorted out with kissblade. after hours of trouble shooting, the issue was that he was typing in the IP address with the numpad. so that means ironhawk can host, and i believe the game goes up tomorrow!....so probably get your gods in asap after that.

nihilistic
February 4th, 2006, 07:08 PM
So, the map is the fixed one (http://ulm.illwinter.com/dom2/Cradle2.zip) right?

Kontraband
February 4th, 2006, 07:10 PM
Coolio, Well after tonight if no no one has claimed 10th slot i will set it as OG_Gleep playing Vanhiem. And yeah The Panther the map is relay pretty, Id like an A2 of it on my wall.

KissBlade
February 4th, 2006, 07:59 PM
If we're not playing the ... most recent one. May I vote that we change to the most recent one ... since otherwise ... it makes no sense to not play the fixed version of the fixed?

Kontraband
February 4th, 2006, 11:40 PM
To save any more confussion over map well will just stick with the one that has allready been indicated.

Valandil
February 4th, 2006, 11:56 PM
Any space left for a total noob with 0 MP games and no skll whatsoever? If so, I'd love to join, playing Vanheim. Please be patient with my questions. Valandil. Lemur@shaw.ca is email if u need me.

Valandil
February 5th, 2006, 12:02 AM
I actually Cannot play. forgot Id end up in italy in about 4 weeks time. Very stupid of me. Ah well.

Peacekeeper
February 5th, 2006, 01:56 AM
just a heads up. im thinking of changing races, but i dont know what to yet but i understand og_gleep has dibs on vanheim, so it wont be them.

Peacekeeper
February 5th, 2006, 02:54 AM
i would like to take up the Pangaean cause instead of Jotunheim. Thank you.

screw simplicity sake. theres going to be a reason for a fixed fixed version so lets use that one. ( http://ulm.illwinter.com/dom2/Cradle2.zip )

also may i suggest with a game of 10 people, 15 Hall of Fame slots might be better.

Kontraband
February 5th, 2006, 03:19 AM
Ok we will use the new version of the map and as for the extra 5 slots on hall of fame if a few more agree we before Ironhawk host's then ok

castigated
February 5th, 2006, 03:33 AM
i don't care about hall of fame. 15 is fine, but if we stick to 10, i won't kill myself.

nihilistic
February 5th, 2006, 10:33 AM
15 sounds good.

DaMilano
February 5th, 2006, 10:59 AM
15 is quite allright with me too.
More heroic abilities can't be a bad thing.

Kontraband
February 5th, 2006, 12:31 PM
ok ill PM Ironhawk and tell him.

Folket
February 5th, 2006, 01:35 PM
when is the game coming up?

Morkilus
February 5th, 2006, 08:24 PM
I am back and ready to begin if I was the one holding it up.

Kontraband
February 5th, 2006, 10:40 PM
Nope, the game should be up sometime tommorow i beleive.

Ironhawk
February 6th, 2006, 12:38 AM
Your server is now up for pretender uploads at

IP: 67.190.105.206
Port: 2003

PM me when you are ready to start...

castigated
February 6th, 2006, 12:43 AM
please put the info in the top post, kontra http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/happy.gif

---

uploaded.

Peacekeeper
February 6th, 2006, 01:35 AM
Pangaea has been uploaded.

Kontraband
February 6th, 2006, 02:57 AM
Ulm uploaded

DaMilano
February 6th, 2006, 07:54 AM
Abysia is ready.

Folket
February 6th, 2006, 08:43 AM
I'm at work, I will upload as soon as I get home.

nihilistic
February 6th, 2006, 08:53 AM
I will also upload this GMT evening.

KissBlade
February 6th, 2006, 11:20 AM
Tien Chi is uploaded.

castigated
February 6th, 2006, 06:11 PM
still waiting on:

ermor - morkilus
c'tis - folket
marignon - nihilistic
jotunheim - pk
vanheim - OG_Gleep

*is impatient*

Morkilus
February 6th, 2006, 06:12 PM
I'll be uploading in about 3 hours.

KissBlade
February 6th, 2006, 06:18 PM
Since I noticed, we're actually still waiting, can I request that Tien Chi be booted? I want to remake the pretender. Thanks =).

Morkilus
February 6th, 2006, 06:42 PM
I think you can just make one online and log in again, rewriting the file.

nihilistic
February 6th, 2006, 07:27 PM
Just uploaded.

Kontraband
February 6th, 2006, 09:49 PM
Still waiting for Vanheim and Ermor to load there gods up

Morkilus
February 6th, 2006, 11:09 PM
I'm ready to go.

Peacekeeper
February 7th, 2006, 12:43 AM
castigated obviously didnt read the thread where i stated i would be switching to Pangaea.

castigated
February 7th, 2006, 01:33 AM
when i wrote that, i was just going off the first post. so i'm not the only one who wasn't up to date http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/tongue.gif last i checked, we were just waiting for OG

Kontraband
February 7th, 2006, 01:41 AM
Yup just waiting for OG with Vanhiem

OG_Gleep
February 7th, 2006, 01:49 AM
I'm in. Sorry bout that, been away from my computer pretty much all day. Thanks for the heads up Peace.

Peacekeeper
February 7th, 2006, 02:19 AM
now to just get iron to set it up =)

Kontraband
February 7th, 2006, 02:41 AM
Ironhawk has been informed that all the gods have been loaded up, I wish everyone good luck.

Peacekeeper
February 7th, 2006, 03:37 AM
i dont, i wanna win! http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/biggrin.gif

Ironhawk
February 7th, 2006, 04:38 AM
You game is now running on 24hr quickhost. Enjoy!

OG_Gleep
February 7th, 2006, 04:27 PM
Thanks Iron, for yet again hosting for us.

This should be interesting. This is a huge map for this amount of players (compared to the other game we are playing in).

Good luck everyone.

Morkilus
February 7th, 2006, 05:18 PM
I've been enjoying playing this map in SP, as it really gives you time to set up a strategy. Let's hope we can get some interesting diplomacy going as well! Everyone know about the IRC channel? (www.gamesurge.net #dominions)

KissBlade
February 7th, 2006, 05:48 PM
I promise NAP with all races I meet. =) As long as you give me a free province as fealty.

Folket
February 7th, 2006, 06:01 PM
Kissblade, you are number one on my have to kill list. Just so that you are warned. I consider all other players friends.

KissBlade
February 7th, 2006, 06:05 PM
Umm... maybe I should rescind my free province idea ...

Folket
February 7th, 2006, 06:12 PM
Do you really have something to fear from me? If I remember correctly you totaly trashed me in a blitz not so long ago.

KissBlade
February 7th, 2006, 06:14 PM
Really? I find that doubtful, you must've been thinking of a different player =\. I just started playing blitzes on Saturday. Unless you were the one I played where I got a five provinces lead early on and then lost horribly -.- ...

Peacekeeper
February 8th, 2006, 02:21 AM
new turn is up.

OG_Gleep
February 8th, 2006, 11:05 AM
Ya I love this map. It gives you clear borders and allows you to actually have a stable front.

KissBlade
February 8th, 2006, 03:56 PM
Hi, just to let everyone know. Tien Chi will be trading Astral gems for nature at a one to one ratio. So if you have extra nature gems you wish to cash in, msg me. Note that I will have them in limited supply so hurry hurry, please keep all deals with me via messages sent through pm's or in game and not here. I will also take surplus earth gems as well.

Thank you,

A humble representative of the Court of Spring and Autumn

Morkilus
February 8th, 2006, 10:37 PM
New turn, dudes and... probably just dudes.

Kontraband
February 8th, 2006, 11:29 PM
http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/tongue.gif

KissBlade
February 9th, 2006, 02:05 AM
Gah just my luck to bump into the one guy who says I'm on his number list as number one to kill ... on turn 3 *turns on the troop factory...*

Peacekeeper
February 9th, 2006, 04:54 AM
just my luck that my armies retreat the turn before they would kill the last independant commander on the field. bah!.

OG_Gleep
February 9th, 2006, 05:28 AM
woops.

Folket
February 9th, 2006, 10:42 AM
I hereby decleare a limited effort to end the reign of Tien Chi.

The evil liar that refuse to admit that he trashed me in a blitz a couple of days ago. (Seems like he does not know that Twokubikmeter is my second personality.)

KissBlade
February 9th, 2006, 11:38 AM
I really don't remember playing you >_<. It was castigated who was playing that game! I only did one turn for him >_>.

And personally, our court objects to being labeled "evil". We're not cold blooded lizard expansionists!

Folket
February 9th, 2006, 11:59 AM
Anyone who is in my way to expand is evil.

KissBlade
February 9th, 2006, 12:08 PM
If you planned to expand my direction, I have funny news for you. For you see, my other two surrounding provinces reports 40 heavy cavalry and light cavalry and 80! tribal archers and tribal warriors. Your provinces may actually prove /easier/ to take given these revelations ...

Folket
February 9th, 2006, 05:23 PM
Well, go ahead and attack me.

Kontraband
February 10th, 2006, 05:40 AM
new turn up

KissBlade
February 10th, 2006, 12:03 PM
You were the one who is insinuating hostilities first while the Celestial Empire of Tien Chi sues for peace! I shall not be one to act in such an immoral fashion as "preemptive strike"! Your trickery will not work upon me.

Folket
February 10th, 2006, 12:05 PM
I may have failed to win by trickery. Now I will win by force of arms.

KissBlade
February 10th, 2006, 12:09 PM
I find it foolhardy, that you would hold such a grudge when I wasn't even the original player of that game you were referring to. It was castigated who was using Tien Chi when you were using Caelum, I merely took over the last two remaining turns when he had to go. >.<

Folket
February 10th, 2006, 12:21 PM
Hehe, what is there to say... I may be aggressive. Some would say to aggressive. I am trying out the game.

KissBlade
February 10th, 2006, 12:23 PM
yah it's fine. http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/wink.gif If only I didn't select a setup where it was more optimal to build up ... I really wanted to try out some of the new spells I never got to use too. =(

Folket
February 10th, 2006, 12:32 PM
new spells?

KissBlade
February 10th, 2006, 12:35 PM
stuff like enslave mind and communion.

shovah
February 10th, 2006, 01:06 PM
enslave mind+quickness vrs regular troops=uber leet pwnage (each man you enslave will die but each man you enslave means 1 less guy for the enemy)

Peacekeeper
February 10th, 2006, 04:58 PM
enslave mind = more reason to not let him live, get him folket!

KissBlade
February 10th, 2006, 07:02 PM
haha ...

KissBlade
February 11th, 2006, 03:13 AM
Well I hope your dragon has a nice vacation in hell ...

Folket
February 11th, 2006, 05:41 AM
Of course he will.

Kontraband
February 12th, 2006, 02:29 PM
yeah i laughted a little when i got that message, unlucky Folket

KissBlade
February 12th, 2006, 02:34 PM
Not really, he's just being stupid at this point.

His entire basis of attacking me is because I finished a game for someone who was leaving during a blitz. And that's apparently enough reason to completely trade off his early game for mine in a totally unrelated game.

Kontraband
February 13th, 2006, 10:18 AM
How many Vicory Locations does some1 need to hold to win the game?

KissBlade
February 13th, 2006, 02:54 PM
This game is really not holding any appeal to me thanks to one player. If someone can take over for me, I will be thankful.

KissBlade
February 13th, 2006, 07:04 PM
Please note: I am dropping from this game, Tom Scudder will be playing TC from now on.

Tom_Scudder
February 13th, 2006, 08:01 PM
The great Wyrm emerges from his chamber. "It is the strangest thing. I just dreamed that I was a philosopher dreaming that he was a butterfly. I woke from the one, and then from the other. Who are YOU?"

"I am your Illustrious Majesty's humblest servant, the unworthy one Hou Ji, named by some as master of the dead." He is used to the Wyrm's erratic behavior, but this is somehow different.

"I have servants? I am a majesty? What is this place, and how have I come to it?"

"Majesty has been pursuing deep study into the Ethereal. This worthless one thinks that perhaps it has damaged his memory?"

"These ones, they are dead. Why do they not go to their rest, to the place appointed for them?"

"This worthless one has called upon them, in aid against war, should it come. The lizards of C'Tis have made threats against your most illustrious majesty's person, and against his empire."

"I am confused. I dream that I am a butterfly, I dream then that I am a man, then that I am a great immortal creature. You tell me there is a war, that there are those who seek to kill me. I remember nothing of this."

"This worthless one wishes to say only that the enemy has been implacable so far."

"Send them a message. Tell them we seek peace and only peace. Send it now. I must go, must seek the Eternal."

The wyrm slithers off, upsetting a shelf of scrolls as it passes. Servants move in quickly, righting the shelves and rapidly replacing the scrolls upon them.

Greetings, all.

Morkilus
February 13th, 2006, 08:16 PM
Greetings! May his Scaliness of T'ien Ch'i rule long in wisdom and Wyrmliness.

-Bwargh of Ermor

KissBlade
February 13th, 2006, 09:41 PM
May I also point out, however amusingly. The Wyrm slew the pretender of Ctis.

OG_Gleep
February 13th, 2006, 09:58 PM
This is only my 2nd game, my first being started days before this one so I don't really have a handle on dom2 mp. But isn't someone attacking early part of the game no matter what his reasons?

KissBlade
February 13th, 2006, 10:15 PM
Not when it's clearly gaining him nothing. All he's managed to do so far is lose his pretender and a bulk of his army and kill one celestial mage (who I placed wrong) and a noble. I'd counter if it wasn't for the fact that miasma is impossible to rush if you're not undead. Plus an early war completely screws both players normally. Case in point, I played a blitz a few days ago with Boron. While I eventually won, it costed me so much that the other players were already 4 times my level and pythium just came along and crushed me without a thought. So what's the point of playing a pointless game?

Peacekeeper
February 13th, 2006, 10:46 PM
pythium had also not run into anyone at all that game until he fought tien chi for c'tis' capital. pythium was bored.

castigated
February 14th, 2006, 01:53 AM
KissBlade said:
Not when it's clearly gaining him nothing. All he's managed to do so far is lose his pretender and a bulk of his army and kill one celestial mage (who I placed wrong) and a noble. I'd counter if it wasn't for the fact that miasma is impossible to rush if you're not undead. Plus an early war completely screws both players normally. Case in point, I played a blitz a few days ago with Boron. While I eventually won, it costed me so much that the other players were already 4 times my level and pythium just came along and crushed me without a thought. So what's the point of playing a pointless game?

this was exactly what i was trying to explain to you in that game we argued in. i said we all had to attack QM, but you seemed convinced that if you fought me first, you would have been stronger.

now you're just contradicting yourself. http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/tongue.gif (that, or maybe learning)

KissBlade
February 14th, 2006, 01:59 AM
That was TOTALLY different. Your plan to attack QM was to take three of my provinces first!

castigated
February 14th, 2006, 02:02 AM
i only wanted one. that's what i was arguing about. at the end, all i wanted was a path to him, and all you wanted to do was attack me. you also agreed with me at one point that you thought you would be stronger if you fought me first. i saved the chat, and i would post it, but i'm not at home. http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/tongue.gif

edit: i'm not going to post any more about this, because we already spammed about it enough, and it's hard to pin down what the points are that you are defending. we agreed to disagree.

KissBlade
February 14th, 2006, 02:05 AM
=P don't forget my VQ spanked your army back to the nether region. ASide from your damn black hawks.

castigated
February 14th, 2006, 02:31 AM
i thought i would just let everyone know that for the next week and a half (ish), i will probably only be able to play my turns every 24 hours. i may also get someone (a friend i know) to sub a few turns for me, if i'm unable to play. if this presents a real problem for anyone, please let me know asap.

thanks for your understanding and patience.

((note: i don't expect you to change the quickhost, i just mean that if everyone keeps playing their turns within 12 hours of host, that you will always be waiting for me, for the next week and a half))

Morkilus
February 14th, 2006, 03:13 AM
I had no idea we were on a pseudo-blitz schedule http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/shock.gif

I rarely check more than once a day, anyway.

castigated
February 14th, 2006, 03:29 AM
just seemed to me that it seems to host closer to ever 12 hours than ever 24 hours. and when there are 8 hours left, and one or two people left, we (myself included) usually hound that person.

Peacekeeper
February 14th, 2006, 07:34 PM
and one or two people left, we (myself included) usually hound that person.

ive never been good at breaking bad habits =)

Peacekeeper
February 15th, 2006, 03:36 AM
ok, at least 3 people from this game are going out of town for the weekend. Cast and me, then talking to nah about subbing for me in Titans I was told he would be out of town too.

Think we could turn off the times on this game from friday night to sunday night....pleeeeease?

(i hate to interrupt both noob games like this http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/frown.gif )

castigated
February 15th, 2006, 03:39 AM
i concur. turning off is ideal for all people involved. all important people anyways http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/tongue.gif

(p.s. i <3 you all!)

OG_Gleep
February 15th, 2006, 05:36 AM
What the...either I'm high, or thats the exact same post for both of you.

castigated
February 15th, 2006, 05:38 AM
i think you're hallucinating.

seriously, OG, lay off the drugs. http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/wink.gif

nihilistic
February 15th, 2006, 06:18 AM
LOL, sure, no problem.

OG_Gleep
February 15th, 2006, 05:23 PM
Folket I don't know why my scout attacked. I must have hit the wrong button. I had him set on retreat which shows no hostile intent. I need to know if we have a NAP or not, as people not answering makes me nervous.

*And I figured out, I was high. Carry on.

shovah
February 15th, 2006, 05:29 PM
you think your scout attack is bad? in the winnowing i have a province about 3 hostile provinces away from my empire and i have no memory of attacking it...

OG_Gleep
February 16th, 2006, 12:56 AM
LoL thats better than potentially starting a war with someone your trying to establish diplomatic relations with.

Which I think I just did given that he's not replying.

nihilistic
February 16th, 2006, 06:57 AM
So, Kontraband, are you able to join the IRC channel, or are we going to talk with PMs?

Bluebird
February 17th, 2006, 02:16 PM
Just to inform everybody: I will replace Tien Chi over the weekend as he seems to have fried his laptop. He should be back on Monday.

Kontraband
February 17th, 2006, 03:10 PM
im fine with turning of thr timer for the weekend, sorry bout not being on the forum for a few days but uni has been hectic

Peacekeeper
February 20th, 2006, 01:23 AM
alright, now that people are back in town I suggest turning qh back to 24h?

OG_Gleep
February 20th, 2006, 02:55 AM
For crimes against Humanity, we declare war on the vile serpents they call Citis.

OG_Gleep
February 20th, 2006, 02:00 PM
Iron, I think all the people that were out of town in this game, were also playing in the Winnowing (port 2002).

OG_Gleep
February 21st, 2006, 12:42 AM
I'm having the same problem that I did with the Winnowing, with MD now. It stalls when trying to connect. Whatever you did fixed it last time Iron, can you do the same thing?

archaeolept
February 21st, 2006, 01:14 AM
stop the game process and restart it.

OG_Gleep
February 21st, 2006, 05:55 AM
Thanks Iron.

*Edit*

My bad, thought it was fixed. I was JUST connected, previous attempts to connect failed, no matter what I tried. I just tried to log in again and its back to locking up while trying to connect.

Morkilus
February 21st, 2006, 01:29 PM
I've not been able to connect even with the "restart". Hopefully I won't stale because of this.

archaeolept
February 21st, 2006, 01:44 PM
you need to contact ironhawk

that, and try a couple dozen times... sometimes you can get in when this happens, though more often you just uselessly attempt over and over.

OG_Gleep
February 21st, 2006, 03:31 PM
I don't think he restarted it. I thought he did because I got right in when I came back a couple hours later. I tried off and on for an hour after that post, and couldn't get back in. Tried it a couple hours ago, got in. Logged off tried it again, and was back in lock out land.

OG_Gleep
February 21st, 2006, 03:32 PM
And never fear, this game is still on the weekend 72 QH. Think you have over 40 hours to get back in.

Ironhawk
February 21st, 2006, 05:38 PM
Yeah dont post in this thread expecting me to notice. If something is wrong just PM me or find me in IRC.

I can easily restart your game process - what time limit would you like? back to 24hr?

OG_Gleep
February 21st, 2006, 05:54 PM
Yes plz.

Ironhawk
February 21st, 2006, 06:50 PM
This game is now running on 24hr qh. PM me if you have any further connection issues or need to change the timing, etc...

OG_Gleep
February 21st, 2006, 07:08 PM
Appriciated.

Bluebird
February 22nd, 2006, 11:51 AM
I received the following mail form Tom Scudder:

<font class="small">Code:</font><hr /><pre>Argh. Laptop has been downgraded from "fried" to "would you like me to set up
your internal hard disk as an external drive for your new computer?" It's
going to take another week or so to get the new machine - you'd better just
find permanent replacements for me (or AI me) in my games.</pre><hr />

I don't want to sub him permanently, so if you want to take over T'ien Chi, please let me know (PM).

OG_Gleep
February 23rd, 2006, 04:19 PM
New turn is up.

nihilistic
February 24th, 2006, 04:49 PM
Is anyone interested in taking over Marignon? Things at the university are extremely hectic and are going to stay that way until April. It is sad to log in and see stale turns..

Note: Yes, this is a copy/paste post.

thejeff
February 24th, 2006, 07:38 PM
I'd be interested in Marignon. I'd wanted to get in on this game when it started, but things were a bit hectic for me right then. They've calmed down a little now.

PM me with the details. Password, any diplomacy that's happened, etc

Thanks

nihilistic
February 25th, 2006, 06:35 AM
thejeff thanks for taking over. PM sent.

castigated
February 27th, 2006, 04:33 AM
this thread has gotten awfully quiet of late. everyone hiding and clamming?...because that's what I'M doing (with mictlan......right)

OG_Gleep
February 28th, 2006, 08:38 AM
I'm busy trying to figure out how to kill the monster Wyrm Kissblade created.

thejeff
February 28th, 2006, 11:08 AM
I don't know about anyone else, but I'm not hiding. I took over a Marignon in worse shape than I had expected.

An Ulmish army was besieging the capital and had already broken through the walls. My pretender was forced to deal with the situation personally. Only an overeagerness on his part to experiment with spells instead of just crushing the armored fools personally kept him from routing the army then and there. He did drive enough of them away that the castle defenders could hold out and he was able to break the siege on the next turn. Now new troops and leaders can be recruited and the invaders driven from our lands.

I am only beginning to recruit scouts and have little knowledge of events beyond my immediate concerns. I'm not even sure who's in my neighborhood beyond Ulm and Ermor. Still, I'd be happy to discuss peace... or war, with anyone who might have an interest.

Update, since I couldn't post here yesterday afternoon:
My god has driven the Ulmish forces, including the old hag they worship, from another province. Unfortunately he was wounded in battle. Arbalests are dangerous in large numbers.

My regular military is not faring as well. Ulm still has better troops and overwhelming numbers.

It's looking like an uphill struggle...

Peacekeeper
March 2nd, 2006, 02:43 AM
go marignon!...i guess.

thejeff
March 2nd, 2006, 01:49 PM
Ulm has staled the last two turns. I hope Kontraband hasn't had to quit.

It does partly make up for the turns Marignon staled before I took over. Though I haven't taken full advantage of it, choosing to use the respite to build up rather than attack ... yet.

OG_Gleep
March 3rd, 2006, 08:34 AM
I made a horrid mistake. Stealth is a double edged sword. I will not make such a mistake again (yes I will).

Morkilus
March 3rd, 2006, 02:15 PM
Lemme guess:

bringing an army to a big fight... hey, where are all the vans? What do you mean they're HIDING? Go find therrrgghhhaahhhgh...

heh

OG_Gleep
March 4th, 2006, 10:04 AM
Bingo.

shovah
March 4th, 2006, 11:22 AM
ive done that too (but worse was giving my pretender e8 n8 instead of 9's, poor ice giants without regen...)

OG_Gleep
March 5th, 2006, 01:29 AM
LoL you musta been stoked that you could afford duel bless and a didn't have to take all those nasty scales.

I woulda pulled out the do over card personally =)

Blue Bird, you have fought bravely...but its time to go to sleep !

Bluebird
March 5th, 2006, 12:05 PM
Yup - I am more or less off the board. Which seems to be true also for my other two game *sigh* ...

Well - it was fun with you guys and girls (err - does anybody know about any girl that plays Dom2?) ...

DaMilano
March 7th, 2006, 07:09 AM
The nation of Abysia would like to purchase a set of Earth Boots. If you have said artifact in stock and would be interested please PM me and we can discuss a price.

OG_Gleep
March 7th, 2006, 10:35 PM
LoL, just remember I'm not me in Schitzor, I'm Tom. So no need to try and get revenge through your spiders =)

OG_Gleep
March 9th, 2006, 06:24 AM
The Great Wyrm of Tien Chi has been slain!!

OG_Gleep
March 9th, 2006, 06:26 AM
BTW has Ulm been stalling?

thejeff
March 9th, 2006, 12:11 PM
He has been. I was thinking of suggesting getting Ironhawk to set him AI, but then he played a turn or two, so I let it drop.

That was a few turns ago now, though. Ulm's all but dead, anyway.

Morkilus
March 9th, 2006, 02:37 PM
Wow, I feel like an *** trying to send diplomatic messages to him. Just so y'all know... staling sux! Get someone to sub for you if you get busy or disinterested.

OG_Gleep
March 9th, 2006, 04:11 PM
Especially if your the one calling for the game.

I would just like to say hats off to Blue Bird, the third ruler of TC. You put up a hellofa fight.

Kontraband
March 10th, 2006, 10:01 AM
Looks like i made it back for the last turn of my nation. My machine started Blue screening on me so i had to get it fixed, only took a couple of days but then after a few more it broke again, Sorry i had to go inactive, i tried to get a temp machine from a friend but he had none to spare.

thejeff
March 10th, 2006, 12:09 PM
Are we on quickhost? Everyone's played, but the game is still waiting on host.

OG_Gleep
March 10th, 2006, 01:48 PM
I just played my turn.

thejeff
March 10th, 2006, 02:12 PM
Yeah, it hosted around on schedule, but that was a couple hours after everyones turn was in.

Hadn't noticed it before, since somebody was usually staling.

Kontraband, sorry to help overrun you while you were having computer trouble, but I didn't have many other options.

OG_Gleep
March 11th, 2006, 08:04 AM
Ah I know what your talking about. Your looking on gods eye. That program shows that ulm is out, but he is still in. He hasn't logged in to show he's dead I think. Shouldn't that have been done this turn?

castigated
March 12th, 2006, 02:33 AM
so the war begins:

ermor and pangea believe themselves to be superior to the rest of the remaining nations. we shall prove them wrong, though. we will undo the evil that their false gods bring to this world.

arm yourselves, my brothers, and prepare for war!

Peacekeeper
March 12th, 2006, 04:10 AM
LEZ DO IT!

Ye yanks won't know what hit ya! The southern nations of Ermor, Vanheim and Pangaea are going to show you what southern love is all about....HURTIN'! I ain't gonna stop until I take every one of ya'll to the woodshed and show you whats what.

OG_Gleep
March 12th, 2006, 04:58 AM
We need a flag.

castigated
March 12th, 2006, 05:02 AM
--___---_______
|/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\|
|/\/\/\/\/\ http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/laugh.gif /\/\/\/\/\|
|/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\|
--___---_______|
|
|
|
|
|

how's that?

ugh...didn't work...stupid formatting. doesn't even make sense. there's no way the line is too long. no reason for it to put it on a new line. oh well.

edit: it took me a while, but i got it!

Peacekeeper
March 12th, 2006, 05:38 AM
http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/skull.gif http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/skull.gif
http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/skull.gif http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/skull.gif /threads/images/Graemlins/Cold.gif /threads/images/Graemlins/Cold.gif /threads/images/Graemlins/Cold.gif http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/evil.gif http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/evil.gif http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/evil.gif http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/evil.gif http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/evil.gif http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/evil.gif http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/evil.gif http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/evil.gif http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/evil.gif http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/evil.gif http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/evil.gif /threads/images/Graemlins/Cold.gif /threads/images/Graemlins/Cold.gif /threads/images/Graemlins/Cold.gif
http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/skull.gif http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/skull.gif http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/evil.gif /threads/images/Graemlins/Cold.gif http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/egg.gif /threads/images/Graemlins/Cold.gif http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/evil.gif http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/evil.gif http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/evil.gif http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/evil.gif http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/evil.gif http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/evil.gif http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/evil.gif http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/evil.gif http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/evil.gif /threads/images/Graemlins/Cold.gif http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/egg.gif /threads/images/Graemlins/Cold.gif http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/evil.gif
http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/skull.gif http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/skull.gif http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/evil.gif http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/evil.gif /threads/images/Graemlins/Cold.gif /threads/images/Graemlins/Cold.gif /threads/images/Graemlins/Cold.gif http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/evil.gif http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/evil.gif http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/evil.gif http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/evil.gif http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/evil.gif http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/evil.gif http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/evil.gif /threads/images/Graemlins/Cold.gif /threads/images/Graemlins/Cold.gif /threads/images/Graemlins/Cold.gif http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/evil.gif http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/evil.gif
http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/skull.gif http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/skull.gif http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/evil.gif http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/evil.gif http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/evil.gif /threads/images/Graemlins/Cold.gif http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/egg.gif /threads/images/Graemlins/Cold.gif http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/evil.gif http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/evil.gif http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/evil.gif http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/evil.gif http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/evil.gif /threads/images/Graemlins/Cold.gif http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/egg.gif /threads/images/Graemlins/Cold.gif http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/evil.gif http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/evil.gif http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/evil.gif
http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/skull.gif http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/skull.gif http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/evil.gif http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/evil.gif http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/evil.gif http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/evil.gif /threads/images/Graemlins/Cold.gif /threads/images/Graemlins/Cold.gif /threads/images/Graemlins/Cold.gif http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/evil.gif http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/evil.gif http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/evil.gif /threads/images/Graemlins/Cold.gif /threads/images/Graemlins/Cold.gif /threads/images/Graemlins/Cold.gif http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/evil.gif http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/evil.gif http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/evil.gif http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/evil.gif
http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/skull.gif http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/skull.gif http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/evil.gif http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/evil.gif http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/evil.gif http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/evil.gif http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/evil.gif /threads/images/Graemlins/Cold.gif http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/egg.gif /threads/images/Graemlins/Cold.gif http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/evil.gif /threads/images/Graemlins/Cold.gif http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/egg.gif /threads/images/Graemlins/Cold.gif http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/evil.gif http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/evil.gif http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/evil.gif http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/evil.gif http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/evil.gif
http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/skull.gif http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/skull.gif http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/evil.gif http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/evil.gif http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/evil.gif http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/evil.gif http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/evil.gif http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/evil.gif /threads/images/Graemlins/Cold.gif /threads/images/Graemlins/Cold.gif /threads/images/Graemlins/Cold.gif /threads/images/Graemlins/Cold.gif /threads/images/Graemlins/Cold.gif http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/evil.gif http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/evil.gif http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/evil.gif http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/evil.gif http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/evil.gif http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/evil.gif
http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/skull.gif http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/skull.gif http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/evil.gif http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/evil.gif http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/evil.gif http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/evil.gif http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/evil.gif http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/evil.gif http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/evil.gif /threads/images/Graemlins/Cold.gif http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/egg.gif /threads/images/Graemlins/Cold.gif http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/evil.gif http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/evil.gif http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/evil.gif http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/evil.gif http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/evil.gif http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/evil.gif http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/evil.gif
http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/skull.gif http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/skull.gif http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/evil.gif http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/evil.gif http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/evil.gif http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/evil.gif http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/evil.gif http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/evil.gif /threads/images/Graemlins/Cold.gif /threads/images/Graemlins/Cold.gif /threads/images/Graemlins/Cold.gif /threads/images/Graemlins/Cold.gif /threads/images/Graemlins/Cold.gif http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/evil.gif http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/evil.gif http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/evil.gif http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/evil.gif http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/evil.gif http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/evil.gif
http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/skull.gif http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/skull.gif http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/evil.gif http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/evil.gif http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/evil.gif http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/evil.gif http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/evil.gif /threads/images/Graemlins/Cold.gif http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/egg.gif /threads/images/Graemlins/Cold.gif http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/evil.gif /threads/images/Graemlins/Cold.gif http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/egg.gif /threads/images/Graemlins/Cold.gif http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/evil.gif http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/evil.gif http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/evil.gif http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/evil.gif http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/evil.gif
http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/skull.gif http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/skull.gif http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/evil.gif http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/evil.gif http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/evil.gif http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/evil.gif /threads/images/Graemlins/Cold.gif /threads/images/Graemlins/Cold.gif /threads/images/Graemlins/Cold.gif http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/evil.gif http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/evil.gif http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/evil.gif /threads/images/Graemlins/Cold.gif /threads/images/Graemlins/Cold.gif /threads/images/Graemlins/Cold.gif http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/evil.gif http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/evil.gif http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/evil.gif http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/evil.gif
http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/skull.gif http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/skull.gif http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/evil.gif http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/evil.gif http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/evil.gif /threads/images/Graemlins/Cold.gif http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/egg.gif /threads/images/Graemlins/Cold.gif http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/evil.gif http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/evil.gif http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/evil.gif http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/evil.gif http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/evil.gif /threads/images/Graemlins/Cold.gif http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/egg.gif /threads/images/Graemlins/Cold.gif http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/evil.gif http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/evil.gif http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/evil.gif
http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/skull.gif http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/skull.gif http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/evil.gif http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/evil.gif /threads/images/Graemlins/Cold.gif /threads/images/Graemlins/Cold.gif /threads/images/Graemlins/Cold.gif http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/evil.gif http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/evil.gif http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/evil.gif http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/evil.gif http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/evil.gif http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/evil.gif http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/evil.gif /threads/images/Graemlins/Cold.gif /threads/images/Graemlins/Cold.gif /threads/images/Graemlins/Cold.gif http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/evil.gif http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/evil.gif
http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/skull.gif http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/skull.gif http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/evil.gif /threads/images/Graemlins/Cold.gif http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/egg.gif /threads/images/Graemlins/Cold.gif http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/evil.gif http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/evil.gif http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/evil.gif http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/evil.gif http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/evil.gif http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/evil.gif http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/evil.gif http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/evil.gif http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/evil.gif /threads/images/Graemlins/Cold.gif http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/egg.gif /threads/images/Graemlins/Cold.gif http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/evil.gif
http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/skull.gif http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/skull.gif /threads/images/Graemlins/Cold.gif /threads/images/Graemlins/Cold.gif /threads/images/Graemlins/Cold.gif http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/evil.gif http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/evil.gif http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/evil.gif http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/evil.gif http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/evil.gif http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/evil.gif http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/evil.gif http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/evil.gif http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/evil.gif http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/evil.gif http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/evil.gif /threads/images/Graemlins/Cold.gif /threads/images/Graemlins/Cold.gif /threads/images/Graemlins/Cold.gif
http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/skull.gif http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/skull.gif

....wonder if this worked

ok...so that one worked, lets try....THIS ONE!

ok, my confederate flag didnt work....so ill try to fix the smilie one into one!]

ALRIGHT! FEAR THE FLAG OF THA SOUTH.../w eggs!!!! and if you believe this post wasn't edited, your as crazy as I am for spending the time on this.

OG_Gleep
March 12th, 2006, 06:03 AM
Dibs on Texas.

castigated
March 12th, 2006, 06:35 AM
pk has entirely too much time on his hands at 4:30am.

Peacekeeper
March 12th, 2006, 06:38 AM
ya damn right I do! lol

Kontraband
March 12th, 2006, 07:55 AM
So hows the game going?

castigated
March 12th, 2006, 08:22 AM
that's irrelevant. what is relevant, is the flag making competition. pk's flag is bright colours and very elaborate, but it's unoriginal - nay, i say, copyright infringement!

you all know you want to be part of the winning team with our one-of-a-kind tiiiiiight flag. so join up and take our ermor and pangea!

OG_Gleep
March 12th, 2006, 09:10 AM
Hey! What am I chopped liver? Just for that I'm going to ....well....by the time I get there I'll think of something.

castigated
March 12th, 2006, 09:13 AM
OG, you're either with us, or against us, and after my compelling argument about flag design, we all know which side you're gonig to be on, right?

no one wants to be on a team with such an ugly flag. i mean....eggs? who uses eggs!?

shovah
March 12th, 2006, 01:09 PM
the french use eggs thats who

OG_Gleep
March 12th, 2006, 04:36 PM
Put me down for against. Eggs is the new "stripe" in flag design, everyone is useing them now a days.

Peacekeeper
March 12th, 2006, 11:54 PM
bananas cast...all about the bananas....

castigated
March 13th, 2006, 05:27 AM
woaho-ho!

a warning to anyone who makes deals with ermor:

last turn, i get a message saying "please don't attack me" with some gems. i pm him to make arrangements.

this turn, he has attacked 8 of my provinces. just goes to show what mercy buys you!

DaMilano
March 13th, 2006, 07:29 AM
And don't trust those furry sneakers of Pangaea to honor their NAPs, either...

Alneyan
March 13th, 2006, 08:28 AM
shovah said:
the french use eggs thats who

Them's fighting words! http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/tongue.gif

Morkilus
March 13th, 2006, 01:30 PM
I figgered open declariation of wahr was guddinuff sign there be no chance for peace. Charge and yeehar.

As posted in the Maps and Mods forum, I'm in need of CB 5.2 since it got removed from the CB thread. Can anyone help?

Edit: Nevermind, QM to the rescue!

OG_Gleep
March 13th, 2006, 07:16 PM
Hey! Again...the chopped liver thing! You guys will remeber me when a bunch of vans pokes you with their pointy sticks.

Peacekeeper
March 14th, 2006, 01:26 AM
lets see if i can get 5.2 attached to this post.

Ya, sorry bout that DaMilano...but 4v1 just isn't a very fun war. I'll make it up to you one of these days.

castigated
March 14th, 2006, 02:19 AM
he sure will, BY GETTING HIS BUTT KICKED! see you two in the next mp game, you flag-stealing, egg-loving scoundrels!

Peacekeeper
March 14th, 2006, 02:24 AM
Ive recently discovered that I have signed up for too many MP games as it is, so you won't be seeing me in that one =)

castigated
March 14th, 2006, 04:10 AM
no, that's not the problem. the problem is that you signed up for too many at the same time. so you are now at the stage in all of them where your turns take forever. signed up earlier, and you'd be out already. signed up later, and you'd still be on your 2 minute turns.

i guess that isn't your fault, though. i blame the community for hosting too many games all at once.

thejeff
March 14th, 2006, 01:04 PM
Now that Ermor has been made aware, Marignon will publicly declare opposition to the 'eggs' alliance.

The initial attacks went well. The response will probably smear me. http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/happy.gif
Marignon just can't sit peacefully right next to Ermor. All the priests get antsy and keep wanting to go practice banishing.

castigated
March 15th, 2006, 05:21 AM
I noticed that Ermor's god has 150 fire resistance. fire doesn't heal him, does it?

Peacekeeper
March 15th, 2006, 06:20 PM
no, fire wont heal him.

Morkilus
March 15th, 2006, 08:22 PM
I've been fireballing myself for nothing? Drat!

Peacekeeper
March 18th, 2006, 01:31 AM
In light of what has happened to Ogs computer in this important part of the game, i suggest we put it on hold until he can get back online, anyone object?

ya, same post from winnowing, im lazy.

thejeff
March 18th, 2006, 12:43 PM
Not sure what happened to his computer, but I'm willing to delay.

As suggested in Winnowing, for the weekend, or until we've a better idea how long it's likely to be.

If it's more than a few days a sub might be in order. Long delays tend to kill games.

If no one objects, contact Ironhawk and have him hold the game.

OG_Gleep
March 18th, 2006, 04:57 PM
Thanks guys, but I think I am good now. Sorry for the delays, but I should be back on a normal schedual.

DaMilano
March 20th, 2006, 01:12 PM
Okay Peacekeeper, that forest-teleporting spell you're using has now been appointed the new number 1 on my personal list of "Spells I hate" http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/happy.gif

thejeff
March 20th, 2006, 06:11 PM
Well, I'm not going to be much longer for this game. Unless Morkilus just stops attacking, I'm just delaying the inevitable at this point. I'll fight it out as long as I can, but I don't have the research to compete.

For those who might be interested, Herskwood (province 117), which Ermor took this last turn holds 2 20% bonus enchantment sites. I couldn't make any good use of that, but I suspect Ermor will be able to.

Morkilus
March 20th, 2006, 06:22 PM
The Dragon God Bwargh speaks:

I could have offered you peace for your allegiance against Mictlan and Caelum, but your sneak attack ruined my hopes for you. And after my 1000 gold gift... I'm utterly heartbroken.

Morkilus speaks:

You've done very well so far, considering you had one besieged province when you took over around turn 20 or so. At least you have the victory of stopping me from effectively fighting Mictlan. And don't listen to Bwargh, he's a bloodthirsty, power-hungry, vestal virgin-eating bastard.

thejeff
March 20th, 2006, 06:54 PM
Bwargh,
Did you really expect Marignon to remain at peace with Ermor for long?
And the gift was only 400 gold, if I recall correctly.

Morkilus,
I started with a few more provinces than that, though my capital was under siege. What really hurt was that I only had 3-4 mages. All of them in the besieged castle with my only lab, so I couldn't even recruit more. When I did build another lab and start recruiting, I had to turn some of them to bloodhunting. I was so far behind in the research race, there was no way to catch up.
I don't know if my predecessor hadn't been recruiting, or if Ulm had slaughtered all his mages.

At least I'm having some effect. I wasn't sure. http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/happy.gif

Morkilus
March 20th, 2006, 07:16 PM
thejeff said:
Bwargh,
Did you really expect Marignon to remain at peace with Ermor for long?
And the gift was only 400 gold, if I recall correctly.

Bwargh has a propensity for exaggeration and/or poor memory as well as being quite ignorant of changing political climate. http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/happy.gif Morkilus fully expected a simultaneous assault by four nations, perhaps five... so the current "situation" is quite better than he could have hoped. /threads/images/Graemlins/Cold.gif

Peacekeeper
March 21st, 2006, 12:53 AM
I love my faery trod, its been climbing up to my #1 spell i love to use =)

Nah27
March 23rd, 2006, 07:34 AM
I'm starting to have trouble connecting to manifest destiny...

Barely was able to get my last turn in after retrying for about an hour...

I can still connect to and play the winnowing fine, so it might be a good idea to see if iron can restart the process on the server. If any of you guys see him in irc, could you ask him?

OG_Gleep
March 23rd, 2006, 01:53 PM
Yep its going down with me to. I can't get on. I'll PM Iron Hawk now, but if you see him in IRC ask him plz.

castigated
March 23rd, 2006, 02:03 PM
i usually get on my second try. i find it helps if i try connected to it first, fail, then connect to another game, and when i'm done that turn, go back to this game, and then it usually works for me.

definitely needs a reset, though.

Morkilus
March 23rd, 2006, 02:32 PM
&lt;trashtalk&gt; One more archdevil down! &lt;/trashtalk&gt;

Oh yeah, Air Queen/Wrathful Skies is broken. (sobs for his Ether Lord and Troll King) I'm all for fighting to the end, but I'll need some major help here, guys, if you don't want to see Caelum walking all over me.

Ironhawk
March 23rd, 2006, 04:01 PM
At OG Gleep's request I bounced the server for this game. Seems to be working fine now. Unfortunately it means that the timer reset to 24hrs - aiiiiiiiiiie. http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/happy.gif Enjoy!