PDA

View Full Version : Russian Airborne Troops

mrdomenic
February 12th, 2006, 01:12 PM
I play a lot of 1985-1992 scenarios, but for some reason I can not find the option to create Russian airborne ops. I find the Russian airborne troops no problem, but how do you get them into aircraft? Whe you buy US airborne troops you have the option of buying the C-130s with the troops - what am I doing wrong? Thanks in advance.

Mark

hoplitis
February 12th, 2006, 02:21 PM
"When everything else has failed, lookup the manual" http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/happy.gif

Go to the game manual index and choose "Artillery Bombardment". The page includes information on airborne operations too. I think, you must have at least one air flight available to "see" the transport planes as part of the para formation.

Nox
February 12th, 2006, 06:46 PM
The Russian OOB does not have air transports attached to the Airborne Pl -formation so you have to buy them separately from the Misc menu (look for: Air transports).

Heres how the infantry fits in the planes:
Antonov An-2P
1x Squad
Antonov An-32
1x Platoon
Antonov An-72
1,5x Platoon
Antonov An-12BP
2x Platoon

So if you buy 3x Airborne platoons you need to buy 3x An-32's or 2x An-72's, etc...

DRG
February 13th, 2006, 10:21 AM
Russian OOB formation 235=Airborne Pl [A]
Rissian OOB formation 234=Airborne Co [A]

both contain troops AND transport and are available 1946-2020 in the Infantry section ( you'll see them just below the [H] heliborne formations

You need to have at least one (1) air mission selected in preferences for the [A] formations ( the ones with troops and transports ) to show up in the game

Don

Nox
February 13th, 2006, 10:32 AM
DRG said:

both contain troops AND transport and are available 1946-2020 in the Infantry section ( you'll see them just below the [H] heliborne formations

I must be getting blind. Ashamed... http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/fear.gif

junk2drive
February 14th, 2006, 01:35 AM
Nox said:

DRG said:

I must be getting blind. Ashamed... http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/fear.gif

Blind from staring at those little flags.
Thanks for making them.

mrdomenic
February 18th, 2006, 01:57 PM
Thanks everyone for your help...after reading all the posts I went back in and sure enough the airborne and heliborne troops are there - but I swear they were not there in the past! I know this sound like a case of CYA - but I went OB line by line and never found them! This begs another question. I always pick the Russian OB second - is there something I can be doing when picking the first side (usually US infantry/airborne) that will make the Russian Airborne troops not show up? Thanks again for all the assistance...

Mark