PDA

View Full Version : Mortars as Secondary Weapons

Panzermeyer
May 20th, 2006, 07:11 PM
How is it intended that you use mortars in weapon slot 2, 3, and 4? Are they there for direct fire only? I can't figure out how to fire them indirectly.

narwan
May 20th, 2006, 08:25 PM
Yes they are for direct and area fire only. They can not be plotted as artillery. This represents how these weapons were actually employed by the squads that fielded them. '

Narwan

Mobhack
May 20th, 2006, 08:33 PM
In a mortar unit, or in a para mortar or rifle section?

If they are in the former, they are indirect fire mortars. In the latter, direct fire only. Any indirect into minor folds of ground etc can be assumed covered in the scatter.

Remember that in SP type games, capabilities are by unit class and not (generally) weapon class. See the Mobhack help files for details on technical stuff.

Cheers
Andy

Panzermeyer
May 20th, 2006, 08:37 PM
The unit I was wondering about was "InfGrp (sw) SS", with a rifle in slot 1. OK, direct fire only, I was just making sure I wasn't missing something.

troopie
May 21st, 2006, 04:53 PM
You use them like you use grenade launchers in SPMBT. Especially the 50mm and 2in tubes. I find these not really suitable for ID fire, they've too short a range. but they're wizard for breaking up mass attacks and suppressing rifle pits.

troopie