View Full Version : Need help
May 26th, 2006, 10:28 AM
I need help with WinSPWW2. I installed it on computer with Win Xp sp 2 but itīs not running :-( the game generates me this error message: http://phwg.wz.cz/sp.JPG
Any idea how to fix it?
May 26th, 2006, 12:34 PM
the imafe is simply the annormal termination message of windows - what we need is the error report, which this gives an an option.
Possibilities (assuming your machine meets the minimum specification, as oulined in the manual or as displayed onthe shrapnel website)
1) You do not have DirectX installed?
In this case the game will not run at all and will give you an error about "error installing directdraw". Unlikely if it is Xp as Directx 9.x is installed by default.
2) Sound card problems.
- turn off "mouse interface click" on the misc tab of the game optioons launcher programme.
- In the game main screen click on PREFERENCES and switch both sound FX butons to OFF.
If the game runs then, your sound card has problems.
3) You have a corrupt zip file. Your download may be corrupted, so try downloading again, then reinstall.
4) You have bad clusters on your hard drive. run scandisk utility, fix any disk problems and reinstall.
vBulletin® v3.7.0, Copyright ©2000-2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.