PDA

View Full Version : Sound problem

Stellar
May 26th, 2006, 05:02 PM
Hi, just downloaded SPWW2 and i have a problem with sounds, cant hear them until make ful blast from speakers and even then they are quite quiet for some reason...i also checked sounds tab in preferences and its full.

Also dont have any prob with SPMBT sounds so, any suggestions?

Stellar
May 26th, 2006, 07:21 PM
forget it..did just need a boot http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/wink.gif

Stellar
May 27th, 2006, 09:42 AM
hmm..actually there seems to be somekind of conflict as i started game up, sounds worked fine for a while, but now they disappears again.

troopie
May 29th, 2006, 02:48 PM
Stellar,

What OS are you running? I have a similar problem and I'm running Win98SE. On a fresh boot the game runs splendidly, with and without sound. If I quit out and do something else, the game runs slowly. I suspect it's my system and its onboard sound card, not the game.

troopie

Stellar
May 31st, 2006, 05:59 AM
Running XP with SP2 and game runs otherwise nicely, it just that sometimes sounds disappear and im sure its games fault as this dont happen in no other games, spmbt included, maybe it gotta do something with sound format changes they did make for new spww2, dunno, but it's quite annoying as to restore sounds comp need to boot.

DRG
May 31st, 2006, 09:47 AM
Try re-installing the game again. If you install it again in the same folder as before you won't lose any of your games in progress. The WAV files used in winspww2 should be more "user friendly" for more people than the MP3's were. If winspmbt is working good for you check the camogame.ini for both side by side to see is perhaps something else might not be the same. That's a different INI than the sound INI but it's worth comparing anyway if one game works good for you and the other one doesn't. oOu might also try deleting the Game Preferences.ini just in case something has been scrambled in that file. A new one will be saved when you exit the game

Don