PDA

View Full Version : I can't believe I didn't think of this before

BigJMoney
August 12th, 2006, 01:14 PM
You know how some creatures have a Forge Bonus? I think it would be cool if there was a Nation that had units with an alchemy bonus. Something like 10%, probably.

That's all, really. Maybe it's even been said before.

=$= Big J Money =$=

Nerfix
August 12th, 2006, 07:49 PM
Some units have alchemy bonus. Namely Alchemists. :p

BigJMoney
August 13th, 2006, 01:34 PM
Is this new in Dom3, or is this in Dom2 right now? Lol, if so, please tell me what nation has these.

By the way, I realized something stupid about what I said. You can't have a 10% alchemy bonus, unless you're talking gold only. Gems are 2 > 1. So, it would have to simply be called an "Alchemy Bonus" or "Alchemy Bonus (100)".

=$=

Wick
August 13th, 2006, 04:04 PM
Ulm has the Master Alchemist as a pretender choice and Alchemists can be recruited at the Alchemist's Guild site (fire 1). With the MA, at least, earth gems sell for 20 and fire for 30. Gem to gem alchemy isn't affected.

I don't recommend either -- Ulm tends to be more resource then gold limited, I like earth gems, and you need to be burning a lot of them to justify paying a 300g mage to do it.

Cainehill
August 14th, 2006, 02:04 PM
Alchemy only affects gold, not gems, so a 10% bonus might be feasible. However : since a single mage can alchemize unlimitted quantities of gems, there'd never be a need for more than a single mage with an alchemy bonus.

BigJMoney
August 15th, 2006, 01:56 PM
If you wanted to have an ability that affected the conversion of gems to gems, I think that it could be done like this: "Fire Alchemy" or "Nature Alchemy", etc. Basically, it would mean when converting to or from the specific type of gem and astral pearls, you get a 1:1 ratio. Not all gem types in the game would necessarily need an alchemy ability, either, if it doesn't seem thematic. Using Dominions II as a water mark, I don't know what nations could use an ability like this, though. You'd think Ulm could use it, but it doesn't seem thematic. Not unless you gave the Master Alchemist Fire Alchemy and Earth Alchemy.

=$=