PDA

View Full Version : Campaign Victory Bug

edhresko
August 27th, 2006, 08:33 AM
Hello,
I am currently in the 8th or 9th battle of a German long campaign. I've fought 2 consecutive ANZAC battles in the Balkans, and have come upon a very odd bug. In both battles I've been fighting an assault. By turn 25, I have taken all of the victory hexes, and have destroyed all the opponents units (or caused them all to exit the map), but the battle does not end until the turn limit has been reached, which is around 55 turns or so. In both cases, I had in excess of 7000 points, while the ANZAC had around 500-700 points, but I got a marginal victory in both cases. I'm pretty sure there is some bug going on here. In all other cases, my game ended within a turn or two of capturing all victory hexes once the enemy was defeated. Comments?

DRG
August 27th, 2006, 01:28 PM
Do you have a save game that we can look at? Preferably a save made before the game ended ?

When the game ended did you look around the map to see if there were any ANZAC units left? If the game knows the AI has troops and "decides" they are capable of taking victory hexes the game will continue. The AI sometimes holds back units to enter the game later as "re-enforcements" . These are not extra units but part of the total number of units assigned based on the type of battle. If the game sees that there are e-enforcement units waiting to arrive it will also keep the game going.

In all situations like this save games can tell us a lot more that not having them. As to why you got a marginal based on the points you had I'd really have to see that save game before commenting further.

Don