PDA

View Full Version : Enemy immobilization immobilized??

Noah_Vaile
September 5th, 2006, 03:51 PM
How come when I get a result of "immobilized" for an enemy vehicle (read "tank") it turns out on the next move that it is only "buttoned". When my manouever elements get immobilized they stay immobilized.

Mobhack
September 5th, 2006, 03:58 PM
if the vehicle is immobilised, but buttoned or worse - you will see that status string , same for your vehicles or the AI.

You will only see the "immobilised" status when it would normally show "ready", but has been immobilised. It uses the same area of the display. (The other hint for any of your vehicles will be the 0 speed, even if say retreat status http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/happy.gif

Cheers
Andy

Noah_Vaile
September 6th, 2006, 09:10 PM
My manouever units, when immobilized say so and stay so.

But when hit an enemy unit will have 'immobilized' appear, indicating that it is(?) immobilized, but when I check it, it is not. It may be 'buttoned' or even be retreating or routed, but it is not immobilized. I am not sure any AI unit has ever been/stayed immobilized. My own units will, but not the AI's.

Marek_Tucan
September 7th, 2006, 01:30 AM
They will but as the suppression is above "buttoned", it is shown isntead "immobilised" in the status line as they share the same place in the unit info part ofthe specific window.

cbo
September 7th, 2006, 05:29 AM
Noah_Vaile said:
My manouever units, when immobilized say so and stay so.

But when hit an enemy unit will have 'immobilized' appear, indicating that it is(?) immobilized, but when I check it, it is not. It may be 'buttoned' or even be retreating or routed, but it is not immobilized. I am not sure any AI unit has ever been/stayed immobilized. My own units will, but not the AI's.

As explained, as long as the rally-status of a unit is anything but "ready", you cannot see whether it is immobilized in the text over and under the main screen. And that is the same whether it is your own units or your opponents units. Once a unit is rallyed from "routed", "retreating" or "buttoned" back to "ready" status, immobilized vehicles will be labelled "immobilized" whether they are yours or those of the opposition.
You can always right click an enemy unit and look at its speed in the info-screen that appears. If the speed of a "bottoned/retreating/routed" vehicle is stated as "0", it is immobilized.

If that is not the case, save a game and post it here http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/happy.gif

Claus B

Noah_Vaile
September 7th, 2006, 09:28 PM
I apologize. I have discovered an immobilized enemy armored unit. It has been noted as immobilized (apparently got that way during the AI turn) and has remained so fo two whole turns. I stand corrected and I apologize for wasting everyone's time with this.....