PDA

View Full Version : Bizarre display glitch on HP laptop

Zogu
December 5th, 2006, 04:58 AM
Hi! My wife has a HP Laptop with an Intel inegrated video card. When playing Weird Worlds v1.11 on this computer, we get the following graphic glitches:

- In the intro screen and in combat, some ships have a "white triangle" box around them. It seems to be random.

- In combat, the mouse cursor disappears sometimes after a click.

This laptop is fairly recent (it was bought in may 2006) and it seems that the video drivers are the latest. DirectX seems to be up to date too. I can get more technical information tomorrow, if it is necessary.

Anyone has experienced similar glitches?

Fingers
December 5th, 2006, 06:44 PM
The integrated video card is the most likely culprit, as it may not have enough video memory to load all the textures (which could manifest itself as stuff being drawn in white wireframes). Either that or it just doesn't support OpenGL very well.

There may be some driver settings you can tweak in an attempt to fix this, but these would be specific to the type of video card so I can't help you much there. Usually, you can right-click on the desktop, find video adapter properties and there's a tab for "OpenGL" with some basic options (like a slider that chooses a balance between performance and quality).

Zogu
December 5th, 2006, 08:09 PM
Thanks a lot, Sergeant! I'll try my best. Maybe there is a specific setting for OpenGL. I forgot to check that.