PDA

View Full Version : Newbie game LA (started)

Lily
March 25th, 2007, 11:24 AM
Hello,

Does anyone fancy a newbie game, on Gandalf's server? I've not played multiplayer before, so I'd ideally like to play against people who haven't played before either, or maybe have just started their first game.

The IP is host.dom3minions.com, and the port number is 8982. If you want to play, just connect to upload your pretender, but don't hit "Start Game" (hit "disconnect instead") - I think it'll automatically start when there's 4 players.

Looking forward to the game!

st.patrik
March 25th, 2007, 11:54 AM
Oops - I joined without reading your post.

I'm not a newbie, but I'm not a top player either. Is that ok?
(I joined as Man)

Slots still available btw

jimkehn
March 25th, 2007, 12:42 PM
Joined as Ulm

Lily
March 25th, 2007, 12:44 PM
Um, I'm not sure. I'm happy to play with you if you want, but you've obviously played quite a lot before (1000 posts, wow!), so it might not be the best game.

Hello jimkehn.

jimkehn
March 25th, 2007, 12:46 PM
Pretty new. I just joined the newbie EA game yesterday as my first MP game. I have had Dom3 for about a week, now.

jimkehn
March 25th, 2007, 12:47 PM
Are you using a map that came with the game? Or do we need to download one?

llamabeast
March 25th, 2007, 12:49 PM
Gandalf's games generate random maps, but you'll automatically download the map the first time you connect to the game once it's started.

jimkehn
March 25th, 2007, 12:51 PM
Oh.....ok...thanks.

Ewierl
March 25th, 2007, 12:57 PM
I'd love to play, but I've got 2-3 games under my belt now, so I won't just jump in and yank a slot without asking http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/happy.gif

Lily
March 25th, 2007, 01:55 PM
Maybe we could wait a bit longer in case another newbie joins up, if not it'd be good to have you join the game.

Ewierl
March 25th, 2007, 02:01 PM
Sure, no worries, I don't need to push in! If you get tired of waiting, send me a PM, the email notification will let me know quickly and I'll take some still-open slot. I've never done LA in MP in any case.

PAR
March 25th, 2007, 03:37 PM
just joined as arcoscephale this will be my first mp game

st.patrik
March 25th, 2007, 05:07 PM
I guess it started while I was away from my computer. Also I don't know how to remove myself. The only solution I can think of at this point is getting Gandalf to restart the game, and everyone can sign up again.

I will go with what the majority of players vote for. I am happy to stay in and not play an aggressive game, or for you guys to restart the server if you prefer.

also, don't be fooled by the post count - I haven't played a lot of competitive MP.

Lily
March 25th, 2007, 06:03 PM
I think you may as well play. Hopefully having one more experienced player won't make too much difference.

Looking forward to the game.

PAR
March 25th, 2007, 07:01 PM
i am happy to play with st.patrik included

it could posibly add to the experence to have a more experanced player along

Wormwood
March 25th, 2007, 07:27 PM
I'm a total noob with only one (single player) game under my belt. Unfortunately, it looks like I missed out on this gathering. I hope to jump in on the next one and will keep a lookout.

st.patrik
March 26th, 2007, 01:17 AM
thanks guys - looking forward to playing with you all.

Lily
April 5th, 2007, 09:31 AM
Anyone else unable to connect? The game doesn't seem to be on http://game.dom3minions.com/bin/blitz_chk.cgi anymore either. I've sent Gandalf a PM to see if he knows what's going on.

jimkehn
April 5th, 2007, 11:17 AM
Lily....was just going to post here to tell you I cannot connect and that the game is missing on the chk site. It was there, yesterday

jimkehn
April 5th, 2007, 11:54 AM
OK Guys...it's back up again!!!

Lily
April 21st, 2007, 08:28 AM
Hey st.patrik

Sorry to hear about your internet connection. I thought you might have staled as I seemed to have lots of luck catching your armies!

Good to play with you, hope it wasn't too strange a game.

Lily