PDA

View Full Version : Invisible Swarm (finished)

CUnknown
May 11th, 2007, 03:25 PM
Hi guys! I just got Dominions III ... must play ... must play...

I'd like to host a game.. um.. Middle Ages.. I want ULM!!

I'd like:

Small, random map (7 players)
Standard Research
Gold, Supplies, and Resources at 100%
Magic Sites at 50
Indies at 4
Victory Locations, there are 16 total on the map, you need 10 to win.
No mods.
24-hour hosting, at least for the first 20 turns or so.
Score graphs off.
HoF at 15.

Who is down??

Jazzepi
May 11th, 2007, 05:20 PM
I would recommend leaving everything at defaults instead of tweaking them. The vanilla game, IMHO, is fairly balanced and they just nefered glamor.

I would probably be interested in playing.

Jazzepi

Remmy
May 11th, 2007, 05:21 PM
I'm in as Caelum

Jazzepi
May 11th, 2007, 05:24 PM
Remmy said:
I'm in as Ulm

I think the game creator already claimed Ulm.

Jazzepi

Shovah32
May 11th, 2007, 05:30 PM
If you leave settings on standard(particularly victory conditions. i hate VPs) id be interested in playing bandar log.

Remmy
May 11th, 2007, 05:31 PM
Jazzepi said:

Remmy said:
I'm in as Ulm

I think the game creator already claimed Ulm.

Jazzepi

Hahaha, yeah. Wow I suck, alright I'll be Caelum.

Jurri
May 12th, 2007, 05:01 AM
I'm definitely down for this! As for mods, Worthy Heroes is a nice mod, although I think it has some problems with the latest patch so it's maybe better to leave it out. The Conceptual Balance mod (by quantum_mechani, not Zen, nowadays) is a good mod, sure. But it also changes a large number of things: don't you want to experience the baseline vanilla game first?

I'll pick a nation once the settings are confirmed... The default settings are pretty functional, although magic sites can use the bump to 50. Lowering the gold makes castles and temples and labs even harder to build, and they are hard to build en masse already on default settings. Standard research is indeed the old difficult, but it's factually harder than that in the early game, since castles and labs are more expensive, and easier than that in the later stages, since there's more gold. I'm kind of partial for easy research, but I'm sure standard will be fun too.

CUnknown
May 12th, 2007, 05:48 AM
Yay! Jurri's playing!

Okay, we won't do any mods and leave most settings at standard for now. I would like to keep Victory Locations, though. Just so the game ends at a reasonable time. I'll make it so you have to have most of the Victory sites in order to win--in my opinion, if someone has 75% of the map, they should win.

I'll edit the first post with the new settings.

Jurri
May 12th, 2007, 06:22 AM
Your hosted games are great fun, so of course I'll jump at the chance http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/happy.gif (And I'd wholeheartedly recommend this one to anyone considering joining.)

Victory points are definitely a good idea; I would think something like 40% or at most 50% of the victory points is enough of a requirement, though, but that might depend somewhat on what the ratio is between capital- and non-capital VPs. Ah, I'll just leave it to you http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/wink.gif

Depending on the number of players it would be fun to have a larger Hall of Fame, and renaming is good to have on, too, to complete the survey of settings.

Digress
May 12th, 2007, 07:53 AM
Could I join and give C'tis a go ?

I happy with a game of any flavour.

CUnknown
May 12th, 2007, 07:00 PM
Sure, Digress!

So, currently we have:

1) Me, as Ulm
2) Digress as C'tis
3) Jurri as Agartha
4) Remmy as Caelum
5) Jazzepi as Atlantis
6) Catquiet as Pythium
7) Evilhomer as Eriu
8) Shovah32 (?) as Bandar Log

Thanks for the vote of confidence, Jurri! I think, though, that you find the games I host fun because you win them all. http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/wink.gif

I know Boron is still around.. maybe he'll play. How about Jeffr, are his centaurs still kicking around this site

Jazzepi
May 12th, 2007, 07:34 PM
I would like to play MA atlantis.

Jazzepi

Catquiet
May 12th, 2007, 07:44 PM
I'll give Pythium a try

Remmy
May 13th, 2007, 01:10 PM
So we need one more or whats going on?

Jurri
May 13th, 2007, 02:02 PM
CUnknown said:
Thanks for the vote of confidence, Jurri! I think, though, that you find the games I host fun because you win them all. http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/wink.gif

Hehe, could be, I do like to win! http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/happy.gif But I would think my impression is due more to you running a stable server and hosting flexibly.

I think I'll take Agartha for this game.

CUnknown
May 13th, 2007, 02:34 PM
Server is up!

97 <dot> 81 <dot> 77 <dot> 128
port 2000

If anyone has MSN messenger and wants to chat about how dominate the world of Dominions (or for any other reason), my e-mail is dowdcc <at> yahoo <dot> com.

Evilhomer
May 13th, 2007, 03:52 PM
I can whip up a god for Eriu if you need another player.

CUnknown
May 13th, 2007, 05:37 PM
Cool, Evilhomer.

We will have 8 players if Shovah32 is playing, otherwise we'll have 7. Either way, we are now full.

PashaDawg
May 13th, 2007, 11:06 PM
CUnknown said:
If anyone has MSN messenger and wants to chat about how dominate the world of Dominions (or for any other reason), my e-mail is dowdcc <at> yahoo <dot> com.

Don't forget the IRC Dominions room! All your friends are there. http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/happy.gif

Digress
May 13th, 2007, 11:52 PM
Well I count 7 uploaded pretenders now (mine added last). Are we waiting for someone else or are we ready to kick off ?

Remmy
May 14th, 2007, 12:26 AM
lets kick it off and play a couple turns, hopefully

CUnknown
May 14th, 2007, 12:39 AM
Hi Pasha!!

Edit: Okay, here goes!

CUnknown
May 14th, 2007, 12:46 AM
Okay, the game is started.

There is 1 VP per capital = 7.
There are 7 VP provinces worth 1 each = 7.
There is 1 VP province worth -2- Victory Points.

That's 16 total victory points, and you need 10 to win. You've got one starting off, so that's 9 more you need. If you take all the non-capital victory provinces, you can win without taking a single capital (besides your own).

Good luck!

I did the small random map for the map.

Oh, and by the way, I won't let anyone stale the first turn. Take as much time as you want. *cough, cough* I mean hurry up, I wanna play!!! *cough, cough*

Jurri
May 14th, 2007, 07:01 AM
Turn 2, gentlemen!

That 2 pointer is in the water, how droll. And I'm seriously getting paranoid with no graphs; can't remember when I last was in a blind game http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/happy.gif

Jazzepi
May 14th, 2007, 11:27 AM
I forgot how awful random maps are to water nations. My starting position only gives me two territories to expand into before I hit land.

I'm never playing a water race in a random map again http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/tongue.gif

Jazzepi

CUnknown
May 14th, 2007, 12:17 PM
Are you serious, Jazzepi? Oh.. crap, I'm sorry. That sucks. Does Atlantis have any amphibious units, or are you just screwed? I almost want to say we should start over, that's just not fair.

Edit: Yeah, you should be paranoid Jurri, I've got 4 castles already and working on a 5th. http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/wink.gif

Evilhomer
May 14th, 2007, 01:15 PM
only 5 ? I passed that in the first turn http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/eek.gif

Jazzepi
May 14th, 2007, 04:53 PM
I don't want other people to start over for me. I just built this nation with the expectation that I would have something like 5-6 territories to expand into. I have a sleeping rainbow mage that's basically useless now.

I guess he's going to be doing a lot of researching when he wakes up.

Jazzepi

Evilhomer
May 14th, 2007, 05:09 PM
Getting 3 water provinces as a water nation does suck, i can second that.

CUnknown
May 14th, 2007, 05:45 PM
Jazzepi, you have our sympathies and respect for wanting to continue play. (pssst, everybody gang up on Atlantis, he's weak!!!)

You have bigger balls than many. Maybe a deal can be worked out in game to help your situation a bit.

Jazzepi
May 14th, 2007, 05:47 PM
CUnknown said:
Jazzepi, you have our sympathies and respect for wanting to continue play. (pssst, everybody gang up on Atlantis, he's weak!!!)

You have bigger balls than many. Maybe a deal can be worked out in game to help your situation a bit.

I have a strategy. I'm definitely going to be patrolling the hell out of my capital though.

Jazzepi

Jurri
May 15th, 2007, 01:16 PM
Hah, this map is seriously out of whack: there are 2 players on the Eastern half with half the VPs (or, 6 out of the 9 free range points), all the while there are 5 poor schmoes in the Western half packed like sardines in a can http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/happy.gif Nations of the West, unite! Otherwise the 2 from the East will have their way while we destroy each other.

CUnknown
May 15th, 2007, 01:41 PM
Are you north of Eriu, Jurri? I can't believe there's another faction there, I thought for sure there were 3 factions in the east. I am south of Eriu, seriously getting in Atlantis' way.

Evilhomer
May 15th, 2007, 02:06 PM
I can second jurris statement: ulm, me, jurri, ctis and atlantis are packed in the west (the region that has maybe 1/3 of the land provinces). Jurri and ctis might be able to expand east, but for the rest of us the term "pitfight" comes to mind http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/happy.gif

CUnknown
May 15th, 2007, 03:02 PM
Pitfight!! Pitfight!!

No, seriously... uhh.. do we want an alliance of the West? The problem is, if we do that, the east will form an alliance of the East. And they still have more provinces than us.

CUnknown
May 17th, 2007, 01:57 PM
Bump

So, how's it going to be, guys? Without hearing one way or the other, the Ulmish legions must prepare for battle.

Jurri
May 17th, 2007, 02:24 PM
Ah, I would be more than happy to coexist peacefully with everyone. But, it seems to me that you and Atlantis are pretty much forced to find a way to vent aggression, unless you wanna stay at around half a dozen provinces... or do you have a plan around that? Anyway, since I'm not forced by cruel fate to participate in the pitfight, it's not appropriate for me to stick my nose in that http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/happy.gif

Digress
May 18th, 2007, 05:24 AM
Us lizards hope peaceful contemplation can continue for a little while. The weather is distinctly chilly outside our borders at present.

CUnknown
May 18th, 2007, 12:23 PM
Well, I see that hostilities have started! Atlantis attacking Eriu.. interesting, very interesting.. This changes the landscape a little bit, I think.

Evilhomer
May 18th, 2007, 02:10 PM
atlantis annoys eriu is more correct. He withdraws when i attack back.

Jazzepi
May 18th, 2007, 02:17 PM
Evilhomer said:
atlantis annoys eriu is more correct. He withdraws when i attack back.

You provinces are full of delicious gold. Especially when I set the taxes to 200%.

Jazzepi

CUnknown
May 18th, 2007, 10:13 PM
Eriu, I declare war upon your unholy nation!

Jazzepi
May 18th, 2007, 11:12 PM
CUnknown said:
Eriu, I declare war upon your unholy nation!

Let the mighty alliance of Atlantis and Ulm wash through the borders of Eriu's green bannered lands.

Our sleeper god has awakened, and doubled our research. Joy.

Jazzepi

jeffr
May 19th, 2007, 12:30 AM
Damn!!!

I haven't checked the board in a while so I missed this one. The Invisible Swarm games from Dom2 were a blast, even though I got beat in all of them, usually by CUnknown or Jurri.

CUnknown, if you choose to host another Invisible Swarm, I'm definitely up for it.

**** VP rant ****
I don't know if I like VPs. I played in one VP game, was having a good time fighting some basic wars, and then all of a sudden one player, who wasn't in any wars I don't think, teleported onto enough VP sites to win the game in one turn. Sort of made everyone feel, "why did we play this?". Sure, the sites should have been better defended, but it still seemed cheesy.

Without VPs, games usually end by mutual consent when everyone knows that one player is far ahead.

Jazzepi
May 19th, 2007, 12:20 PM
I dislike VP win condition games myself. What I do like is VP provinces that allow you to basically pickup free dominion spreading "temples".

Jazzepi

vfb
May 19th, 2007, 12:35 PM
Sorry to barge in here while lurking, but: recent experiments show that these crowns even spread domain for EA Mictlan. Surprise surprise!

Jazzepi
May 19th, 2007, 12:38 PM
vfb said:
Sorry to barge in here while lurking, but: recent experiments show that these crowns even spread domain for EA Mictlan. Surprise surprise!

It'd be a little unfair if they didn't. I doubt that the VP provinces give the option to preform a blood sacrifice at them.

Jazzepi

CUnknown
May 19th, 2007, 01:38 PM
Hey Jeffr!! I miss your killer centaurs in this game. http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/happy.gif

What I like about victory locations is that they: 1) end the game faster. I don't like people just turtling and building up and stretching the game on and on. 2) They put something on the map that is worth fighting over. Something about that is just fun, to me. If I had the experience you did, Jeffr, I might feel differently, I guess.

CUnknown
May 19th, 2007, 07:58 PM
There are 2 hours left on the timer for this turn. However, I'm taking my computer over to a friend's place to go some gaming. So.. I guess I'll set up the timer again when I get back... But... Caelum has left to take his turn. So, Caelum, why don't you post here before I get back telling me that you tried to take your turn? Because I might be tempted just to host and let you stale when I get back...

Or, maybe I'll leave it on all night and host in the morning if you haven't taken your turn yet.

Anyway, the game is going down until about midnight or so EDT.

jeffr
May 19th, 2007, 09:02 PM
Good to be back! I'll monitor this thread to see how this game is going and then jump into the next one, if I may.

CUnknown
May 21st, 2007, 12:29 AM
I don't want Caelum to stale twice in a row, so I re-set the hosting timer to 24 hours. I probably won't give the full 24 hours, but at least another 11-12 hours from now.

Jurri
May 22nd, 2007, 05:19 AM
Any word from Remmy? Sucks to lose a player... The game is small enough that a sub shouldn't be impossible to come by, though, if he really is AWOL for good.

CUnknown
May 22nd, 2007, 11:10 AM
I haven't heard anything from him. Yeah, it does sort of suck. Jeffr, wanna play Caelum?

Edit:

Report from the Front: "We have engaged the enemy. A huge unholy terror of a bird has showered flaming destruction upon our ranks. The Prophet is dead. The mercenaries have fled in terror. We've counted at least a hundred charred bodies, their faces mostly unrecognizable. Request additional combat brigades to continue the offensive."
-Ulm Field Commander

Edit x 2:

Just warning everyone, I am going to be out of town from this monday 5/28 to the next sunday 6/3. I'll be able to take turns both on monday and sunday, though, so really I'll only be gone for tues, wed, thurs, fri, sat = 5 days.

First, is anyone else going to be gone this weekend (memorial day)? And second, I was wondering if I should try to find a sub and maybe slow down the game to like 48-hour non-quick host? Or, the game could just be down for 5 days. I think I will post that I'll need a sub.

Also, i'm going to post that we need a replacement for Caelum (unless you tell me that you don't want to be replaced, Remmy!).

CUnknown
May 23rd, 2007, 10:21 PM
So, I'm getting the impression that Remmy is AWOL. So far, no one has responded to my request for a substitute. I think we should turn him AI unless we get a sub in the next few days.. what do you guys think about that?

PashaDawg
May 23rd, 2007, 11:06 PM
I could take over his slot and attack Jurri! :-)

CUnknown
May 24th, 2007, 03:26 AM
Are you serious Pasha? I'm guessing probably not.. http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/happy.gif

I have to admit, I just took a look at his empire. It is pretty bad.. he took 3 turmoil and 2 death, and built some Caelian High Seraphs. Now he's completely maxed out on upkeep. He can't build any more units.. His gem income is somewhat poor. And his dragon pretender is cursed and has several afflictions.

I really think we should turn him AI, but I'll only do that if Digress agrees, since it mainly would affect him.

Edit: Oh, by the way, a new turn is up!

Digress
May 24th, 2007, 05:22 AM
Well he did pick up those afflictions from my militia. Be afraid, be very afraid of C'tissian militias http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/rolleyes.gif

I don't mind him being set to AI but am under the impression this may mean people want to, more than ever, wander through my capitol to get to those juicy VPs http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/Sick.gif

PashaDawg
May 24th, 2007, 09:47 AM
Ooo! That's a bad empire. But, I could play it just to keep it from becoming impure by AI.

Only trick is that I will be away this weekend. So, if you need to keep the game going, I won't have my feelings hurt if you choose the cold AI over warm and friendly me.

CUnknown
May 24th, 2007, 12:12 PM
No way, Pasha, if you want Caelum, you got it! But, Caelum is going to stale every turn until you take over.. I mean, I guess I could play him. But, honestly, I don't know what to do that would help much.

CUnknown
May 24th, 2007, 07:13 PM
New Turn. Caelum stales yet again. http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/frown.gif

Jazzepi
May 24th, 2007, 07:18 PM
Can we please just turn him AI to speed things up?

Jazzepi

CUnknown
May 24th, 2007, 09:07 PM
Oh, it wouldn't speed things up much, I'm force hosting whenever I see that everyone is done with their turn. If you like, I can log on to his turn and just hit end turn. I think I'll do that.

PashaDawg
May 24th, 2007, 10:57 PM
Caelum turn played. http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/happy.gif

CUnknown
May 25th, 2007, 12:31 PM
Nearly another one-hundred Ulmish warriors met their end on the field of battle today, defeated by the fey Tuatha. This brings the total to over 300. The Ulmish Commander has a momentary crisis of conscience. He starts to ponder, "So many dead, and for what?" Then quickly he remembers the answer: The war will allow us to acquire new lands, to crush our enemies, and to plunder their natural resources! Well worth it!

With renewed optimism and clarity of mind, the Commander rallies what's left of his broken and beaten troops. As he does so, horse hooves sound in the distance. Coming closer, the Commander sees many Black Knights astride their powerful steeds coming closer. His troops let out a cheer! With a grin, he thinks, "With the arrival of the Black Order, this war should be over shortly."

Edit: Feel free to talk smack, guys! I won't take it personally. http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/happy.gif You don't have to do it in role-play form, although I like doing it that way.

lch
May 26th, 2007, 10:21 AM
CUnknown, you still need that sub for a couple of turns? Then I think I could do that for you.

CUnknown
May 26th, 2007, 03:12 PM
Thanks! But, I have already found one.

Jazzepi
May 27th, 2007, 12:41 AM
Server is down.

Jazzepi

CUnknown
May 27th, 2007, 04:46 AM
It is back up now, I apoligize.

CUnknown
May 28th, 2007, 01:00 PM
Sorry guys, I am going away for the week (until next sunday). Being still at war, I'm not 100% comfortable with a sub (although I do have one). I am going to set the game clock to 48-hour non-quick host. When I get back on sunday, I will set it back to normal.

Morkilus
May 30th, 2007, 03:37 AM
Is this server down?

Digress
May 30th, 2007, 06:59 AM
It appears so - I certainly haven't been able to connect to the server today.

PashaDawg
May 30th, 2007, 08:48 AM
I cannot connect either.

Morkilus
May 30th, 2007, 06:23 PM
I'm guessing we won't get another turn until CU returns on Sunday.

CUnknown
May 31st, 2007, 10:00 PM
Hi guys! I am still away, but I managed to get some access to the internet briefly. There are two things that could have happened: a thunderstorm that turned off the power (in which case, there won't be a turn until I get back), or it could be just a brief internet outage. I'd check back again, to make sure you can't connect.

But, either way, I'll be back on sunday, probably around 7pm est or so, maybe earlier.

CUnknown
June 3rd, 2007, 09:22 PM
Sorry about that guys! I guess my computer must have turned off somehow, but the server is back up now!

PashaDawg
June 4th, 2007, 09:23 AM
Awful! The Stinky Lizards and the Communion Crazy Lizard Worshipers have formed an Unholy Axis against the friendly, fluffy bird folk. We were happily preening ourselves and then... BOOM! A two front attack! Awful! Awful!

CUnknown
June 4th, 2007, 01:42 PM
Let me finish off Eriu and then I'll attack the stinky lizards from behind! Yeah!

Wait.. did I just say that out loud? Um.. ignore the man behind the curtain..!

(edit: I think the next Invisible Swarm game will have a slightly larger map than this one. I like small maps, but this one is just insane..)

CUnknown
June 6th, 2007, 11:17 AM
New turn. I'm setting Eriu to AI now.

Edit: grrr.. I seem to have forgotten the master password.. I will just force host his turns.

Jurri
June 6th, 2007, 02:18 PM
Oh, where'd Homer disappear to? He may have forgotten the game during the downtime... I know I nearly did http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/happy.gif

Evilhomer
June 6th, 2007, 02:19 PM
I thought I set myself to AI already, something odd must have occured.

Jurri
June 7th, 2007, 05:32 PM
I may not have access to Dominions this coming Sunday and maybe Monday, so I'd appreciate it if the hosting could be postponed to accommodate. Thanks in advance!

CUnknown
June 7th, 2007, 06:36 PM
Sure, I will turn off the timer on saturday sometime and just set it to Quickhost until tuesday, at which time I'll set it back to 24-h quickhost. I won't let you stale. http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/happy.gif

If anyone wants 48-hosting time, just let me know. Sometime I guess around turn 35-40 I'll definitely switch it over, but if someone wants it sooner, speak up.

Jazzepi
June 8th, 2007, 02:29 AM
After this turn I'm going to set myself to AI. My starting position included 2 water expansion territories next door, and that's it. I built a rainbow pretender with the hopes that he could craft himself an amulet of the fish, and do other neat site searching things. He's been utterly useless in a game filled with high bless armies, tiny space, and no water territories to search.

This is the last time I play on a randomly generated map with a water nation.

Thanks for the game!

Jazzepi

PashaDawg
June 9th, 2007, 09:16 AM
Is the server down?

CUnknown
June 9th, 2007, 04:29 PM
No, the server never went down, but there was this weird message that said "Army cannot travel underwater, remove unable units or make it sit still?" I pressed remove unable units, but nothing happened. I pressed it again, same thing. Then I just pressed "Make sit still" and the turn hosted like normal.

CUnknown
June 11th, 2007, 01:31 PM
Server status: waiting on Jurri like he said we would be, Quickhost on, but no time limit. When Jurri takes his turn, I will post here and set the timer to 24-h.

An idea: I like to play with score graphs off, because they just give too much information, but at the same time, I am intensely curious about them. I'd like for there to be an option to give the score graphs once every 25-50 turns or so, you know what I mean? Just so we can have a glimpse.

So, my idea is for us all to make a post with the following information: # of provinces, income, gem income, current research, # of castles, and maybe upkeep as well.

We could set a time to do this (it wouldn't have to be right now), and then we could do it every 25 turns or so. But, since I didn't mention this when I made the game, we'd only do it if everyone agreed to it. If one person doesn't want to divulge their secret info, we'll just forget about it.

Of course we would be relying on people's honesty, but I pretty much trust all dominions players until they prove me wrong, so I don't think that would be an issue.

What do people think? Good idea or bad idea?

lch
June 12th, 2007, 09:26 AM
Or you just host with the --scoredump option (or whatever it was) every couple of turns and post the HTML file that it generates...

Jurri
June 12th, 2007, 11:56 AM
Ah, I'm really sorry but it seems like I'll be unable to take my turns until at least Friday. (I am visiting some relatives, you see, and have apparently forgotten to pack my copy of Dom3.)

So, I'll see if I can't scare up a sub for the time being: it's not too time-consuming a position to play, so there should be little trouble. If you're in a real hurry to get the game back moving again, feel free to put the timer back on: at least then I'll have some added motivation to get someone to input some orders for me http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/happy.gif

Ygorl
June 12th, 2007, 12:57 PM
Howdy folks; I'm going to be a poor imitation of Jurri for the next few days... I think I should be able to manage a 24h quickhost.

CUnknown
June 12th, 2007, 01:44 PM
Hey Jurri, you just declared war on me, and now you say your position is not very time-consuming to play?? That's confidence for ya! Admittedly, my armies are retreating from your sacred giant and statue hoard, but who knows, the tide might turn at some point..

Now I'm wondering what you told Ygorl to do regarding me. "Just crush him, shouldn't be a problem." ?????

I think you're in trouble if that's the case!

Ygorl
June 12th, 2007, 05:08 PM
Essentially... http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/wink.gif

Jurri
June 12th, 2007, 06:07 PM
Hehe, the map is so small that there really aren't that many decisions to make. So, while the position is anything but easy, it shouldn't take too much time to make the couple necessary decisions per turn.

Oh, yeah, I don't think it would add anything to the experience to reveal our secret strengths; it would be interesting to try those scoredumps in some other game, though.

And, thank you to Ygorl for rising to bat! He's fought me in so many games already, that he'll probably play more like me than I do myself.

Jurri
June 20th, 2007, 09:23 AM
Is it just me, or is the server down?

CUnknown
June 20th, 2007, 10:37 AM
No, it's not just you. The server was down because I have been having router problems. I might have to get another one or something, it's been going on and off. Not internet problems, but my router seems slightly fried.

It is on right now, server is up, and I restarted the timer.

By the way, do people want to switch to 48-h hostings at some point? My turns are fairly quick still, but I was just wondering.

Jurri
June 20th, 2007, 12:24 PM
Ah, thanks.

My turns are rather fast, too, but a slower pace might still be more befitting for summer http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/cool.gif

P.S. New turn!

CUnknown
June 20th, 2007, 07:25 PM
I went ahead and switched over to 48-h hosts. Quickhost is still on, so we can have fast turns if we want, or we can have slow turns if people want to chill and maybe do something else besides play this game. http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/wink.gif

PashaDawg
June 20th, 2007, 11:48 PM
Did I miss Caelum's final turn? The game freaks out when I log on.

Pasha

CUnknown
June 20th, 2007, 11:58 PM
Oh.. yes, you did. I'm sorry.. I should have waited for you before hosting. It's my fault. It was really great of you to play Caelum for us, thanks Pasha!! I just thought that since you started staling some that you had moved on to other games. No one could blame you, the situation was already lost when you took over. I just kind of assumed (in my lust to see the next turn) something I shouldn't have. http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/redface.gif

Maybe Pythium can inform you as to what happened exactly? I apoligize.

PashaDawg
June 21st, 2007, 11:06 PM
Oh no biggie.

I am not good with non-PBEM games, because I can't seem to keep track of my turn (even when it is every 24-hours).

The good thing about hosting my own PBEM games is that I never miss a turn. http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/happy.gif

Pasha

Digress
June 22nd, 2007, 08:50 AM
C'tis now formally begins heckling the pathetic pink skinned things that carry the banner of Pythium.

Take your pathetic diseased remnants of what you seemed convinced was an army back over our borders. We thank you for reducing our upkeep costs by whacking some of our rather useless militia.

Don't you be saying C'tis started it - all we did was bring you our patented "taste'o'swamp".

CUnknown
June 25th, 2007, 01:10 PM
The world erupts in war as the Pythium - Ctis War (known colloquially in some circles as the 'Great Angel Mud-Wrestle-athon') rages on, and the Argatha-Ulm war ('Black Knights in the Underdark') getting started in earnest.

CUnknown
July 16th, 2007, 02:24 AM
I reset the timer to give Ctis extra time for his turn. I hate seeing people stale who haven't been staling lately.

Digress
July 16th, 2007, 07:43 AM
Thanks alot for the extension - my apologies to everyone.

jeffr
July 22nd, 2007, 04:43 PM
What's the status of this game?

I was looking forward to joining the next Ivis Swarm game that CUnknown hosts.

CUnknown
July 22nd, 2007, 06:28 PM
The game is still going, it's on turn 66. There are still four players left (Ulm, Ctis, Argatha, and Pythium). I am in the lead as far as victory points, yay!

I'll keep you up to date! http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/happy.gif

Digress
July 23rd, 2007, 08:28 AM
Pythium and C'tis have very effectively crippled each other in a long and increasingly pointless campaign. Neither has been able to land a killer blow - unsuprising in mud wrestling. The mud isn't deep enough to drown anything, except our chances of winning the game.

When I re-read this I thought there was a risk that some people would think I wasn't enjoying myself http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/wink.gif

PashaDawg
July 25th, 2007, 07:14 PM
Go Agartha! Yay! Go! http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/happy.gif

CUnknown
July 26th, 2007, 02:26 PM
Um.. I hope that wasn't too anti-climatic for everyone. Catquiet, were you just not aware of how many VPs I had? I was wondering why you didn't retake them.

Anyway, I had a good time, I hope everyone else did, too!

Jurri
July 27th, 2007, 04:33 PM
Oh, I didn't realize you had decimated Pythium so utterly. And I was just going to attack again the following turn... Oh well, nicely done and well played CU; Thanks all for the game!