PDA

View Full Version : Here We Go Again.

Atrocities
July 3rd, 2007, 08:59 PM
Looks like Congress and the Senate are looking to try and pass another internet tax scheme. LINK (http://www.star-telegram.com/news/story/147517.html)

I hate to say it, but when a democrat becomes President, a bill like this will grease its way through into law faster than the democrat running from responsibility.

capnq
July 4th, 2007, 10:53 AM
A $1,100 laptop, for instance, could cost online consumers an extra $90.75, if calculated on the 8.25 percent total sales tax charged in Fort Worth.

A $199.95 watch could cost an extra $16.50. And sales taxes on a $10 CD could add an extra .83 cents to the bill, according to Star-Telegram research.

They had to do research to figure out how to multiply by a percentage?

The US education system is in worse shape than I thought.

Azselendor
July 4th, 2007, 06:42 PM
You have to remember, the Leave no Child Behind act buys it software from Neil Bush at $3800 a copy.

Yes, he is part of THAT family.

Azselendor
July 4th, 2007, 06:45 PM
Here's a thought, why doesn't the US government simply tax the sending of all emails after the first 1000 per month.

Only spammers would suffer!

Atrocities
July 5th, 2007, 12:57 AM
They would rather tax us for receiving the email rather than sending it. This way the can bill us for all those government sponsored spammers emails. http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/frown.gif

Azselendor
July 6th, 2007, 10:34 PM
That' is the ultimate goal of government. Get the innocent people and punish them while the criminals run free.

Saulot
July 8th, 2007, 03:40 PM
Great. Cut Spending? Nah, let's just increase taxes.
When did being fiscally conservative and responsible get cut from the definition of conservative? It couldn't have been that long ago.

Sidenote only somewhat related: I find it most strange that the concept of conservation (in terms of the environment) is a liberal issue in the U.S.

Atrocities
July 9th, 2007, 09:15 AM
Taxes should never be "hidden charges."