PDA

View Full Version : mausert t gewehr

valo2000
September 18th, 2008, 03:35 PM
in use by early thirties german at troops has heat pen of 2 the rest zero but the ammo for the at team is 50 ap the gun has 0 ap pen.

iCaMpWiThAWP
September 18th, 2008, 08:26 PM
in use by early thirties german at troops has heat pen of 2 the rest zero but the ammo for the at team is 50 ap the gun has 0 ap pen.
And what does it mean? have you made one?
i'm trying to make one like that to see if it is good

AMX
September 19th, 2008, 03:47 AM
The weapon has AP code 222, "AP ammo is actually HEAT, use that pen-value".

valo2000
September 19th, 2008, 03:50 AM
ah ok should have checked myself i guess sry

Mobhack
September 19th, 2008, 11:38 AM
The weapon has AP code 222, "AP ammo is actually HEAT, use that pen-value".

222 code AP is HEAT if the weapon slot is not slot no. 1.

There could be a problem with that weapon, in the units other than the inf-AT where it is slot 1 AP being interpreted as HEAT ammo. We will look into that.

Andy.

AMX
September 20th, 2008, 05:32 AM
222 code AP is HEAT if the weapon slot is not slot no. 1.Are you sure about that?
Because it seems to work fine in slot 1, too.

There could be a problem with that weapon, in the units other than the inf-AT where it is slot 1 AP being interpreted as HEAT ammo. We will look into that.

Andy.

I'm not sure what you mean - can you elaborate a bit?

Anyway, I did a little bit of testing, using both T-Gewehr and Panzerschreck, in slot 1 or 2, the latter with either HEAT or AP, and it was consistently interpreted as HEAT; the only odd thing I noticed was that "fake" HEAT will never get used against infantry.

Mobhack
September 20th, 2008, 09:09 AM
The weapon is an AT rifle, so should not be 222 HEAT code.

I'll investigate whether the weapon class (or WH size - AT rifles seem to need to be size 2, not 1 as this is since it is firing with the rifle shot animation too) is affecting the 222 code - but it really does not matter, as an "AT rifle" should not be 222 tagged in the first place.

Cheers
Andy