PDA

View Full Version : Scenario Charlie Exit (Fictional)

BigAl737
January 2nd, 2009, 04:27 AM
I recieved winSPWW2 as a much appreciated Christmas present and jumped right into scenario creation. I'd like to use this fictional scenario and map as a base from which to start learning good scenario design so I can create a campaign someday. I'd really appreciate some feedback. Thanks.

iCaMpWiThAWP
January 3rd, 2009, 01:24 PM
I like it, but you gave the germans too much MG's, and a LT.COL commanding a company? a major/lieutenant/captain maybe?
EDIT: There are some high hedgerows, you placed one over the other, quite a common mistake, but it blocks YOUR and the ENEMY's LOS btw; how about a pre-game smoke bombardment?

BigAl737
January 4th, 2009, 05:04 PM
I like it, but you gave the germans too much MG's, and a LT.COL commanding a company? a major/lieutenant/captain maybe?
EDIT: There are some high hedgerows, you placed one over the other, quite a common mistake, but it blocks YOUR and the ENEMY's LOS btw; how about a pre-game smoke bombardment?

Thanks. Too many MGs making it too tough to win or too many based on historical German MG/squad ratio? I kept the LtCol just because the game assigned a LtCol to command A0. I can rerank him.

Allan

iCaMpWiThAWP
January 4th, 2009, 06:33 PM

Thanks. Too many MGs making it too tough to win or too many based on historical German MG/squad ratio? I kept the LtCol just because the game assigned a LtCol to command A0. I can rerank him.

Allan
It makes my troops get shreded early on, and a pre-game bombardment would help, even if its only smoke

Double_Deuce
January 5th, 2009, 01:24 PM
I liked it. Got a MV in 15 turns. Probably could have done better if I didn't advance too quickly and took too many casualties from the MG's.

BigAl737
January 5th, 2009, 03:19 PM
Thanks Double Deuce.

I completely spaced the high hedgerow feed back from iCaMp. I did that accidentally but then liked it because I made the LOS unpredictable. I figured hedgerows are probably like that. Never been to France to check it out for myself though.

Originally I had a pre-game bombardment on Hill 107. My son said he'd prefer to assign it himself on turn one and then start moving the Americans up on turn 2, so I replaced it with just a registered hex on Hil 107. I think I'll add a pre-registered hex for smoke. There's probably as many answers as players but which hexes would you most likely smoke in a pre-game smoke bombardment?

Thanks for the input. It's much appreciated.

iCaMpWiThAWP
January 6th, 2009, 04:17 PM
Thanks Double Deuce.

I completely spaced the high hedgerow feed back from iCaMp. I did that accidentally but then liked it because I made the LOS unpredictable. I figured hedgerows are probably like that. Never been to France to check it out for myself though.

Originally I had a pre-game bombardment on Hill 107. My son said he'd prefer to assign it himself on turn one and then start moving the Americans up on turn 2, so I replaced it with just a registered hex on Hil 107. I think I'll add a pre-registered hex for smoke. There's probably as many answers as players but which hexes would you most likely smoke in a pre-game smoke bombardment?

Thanks for the input. It's much appreciated.
I've been in normandy, northeastern france and the french alps in the south, in normandy, they're used as fences now :D IIRC about 6 feet tall, by 1944, i think they had the same height , so height 5 to 10 seems ok, if you need advices on mapping france, northern spain, eastern belgium, feel free to tell me, i can be of some help