PDA

View Full Version : Start Line Help Needed

Warwick
February 2nd, 2009, 06:02 PM
Hi,
I am playing a user generated Khalkin Gol campaign (USSR v Japan 1939)Batloc 41.When I am given an advance scenario the start line appears in the middle of the map as usual, however when I complete my purchasing and go to the deployment phase I find that the start line has shifted about ten hexes to my disadvantage. I do not believe this to be a bug rather outside interference. I am aware that I can save the map in the purchasing phase and that the key for shifting the start line is "!". How can I import the saved map from the purchasing phase into the deployment? N.B. This does not occur if I have a defend scenario only advancing scenarios.
Also only in generated campaigns not designer campaigns.

Any help appreciated,
TIA Warwick

iCaMpWiThAWP
February 2nd, 2009, 07:40 PM
Well, it's always been like that i believe... when you use view map, that's the middle of the map, just that

Imp
February 3rd, 2009, 07:03 AM
Sounds normal to me

Warwick
February 3rd, 2009, 05:59 PM
Sounds normal to me

I don't think so, I've had this happen in a river crossing scenario, result game over.

Regards, Warwick

DRG
February 4th, 2009, 12:59 AM
I am aware that I can save the map in the purchasing phase and that the key for shifting the start line is "!". How can I import the saved map from the purchasing phase into the deployment? N.B. This does not occur if I have a defend scenario only advancing scenarios.
Also only in generated campaigns not designer campaigns.

Any help appreciated,
TIA Warwick

There is no key for shifting the start line in this game EXCEPT in a linked ( user created ) campaign. That doesn't work in a generated campaign unless this a user campaign I'm not aware of ?

Don

Warwick
February 4th, 2009, 02:52 AM
[

There is no key for shifting the start line in this game EXCEPT in a linked ( user created ) campaign. That doesn't work in a generated campaign unless this a user campaign I'm not aware of ?

Don[/QUOTE]

Sorry Don, I haven't made myself clear. this is happening in a user created campaign, not a pre-designed campaign.

DRG
February 4th, 2009, 11:06 AM
The start line in the middle of the map when viewing it before purchasing is perfeclty normal as others have already mentioned AND it's normal for it to shift towards the advancing player when it's time to deploy and there is NO manual way to shift the start line of a campaign EXCEPT when a scenario designer is building one. Players do not have the option of shifting the start line. The game sets that automatically. Typically on an 80x80 map the "start line" will show up initially right at hex 40 but when the advancing player deploys its at hex 25. The initial view isn't a "start line"...... it's to show where the half way point on the map is

I assume when you say "user created campaign" you mean a generated campaign. Again, there is no mechanism in the game to shift the start line and what you are seeing is normal. If you still don't think what you are seeing is normal post save games or screen shots of what you are seeing so others can see it too

Don

Warwick
February 4th, 2009, 05:46 PM
Thank you Don,
Question answered.