PDA

View Full Version : Skill levels?

RobO
February 28th, 2009, 12:40 PM
Thank you for a fun game :up:

I'm curious how the skill levels work. I presume they are difficulty levels, which I guess could be a faulty assumption.

Changing the skill level seems to simply advance the starting level. If there are no levels beyond 10 then this implies that starting at skill 1 is the most difficult.

It is not clear if the skill level has other effects, e.g. on scoring or game speed.

Could someone please clarify?

S.R. Krol
February 28th, 2009, 01:08 PM
Yes, essentially changing the skill level equates to changing what level you begin at. So, if you change the skill slider to 6 you begin on level 6 of the game. The higher the level you begin at the more difficult it is, but you also acquire a higher score because the way the points work as you go up in level. As an example if you started at level 2 and made it 75% of the way through the level before losing, and then you played at level 8 and again only made it 75% through, you'd still end up with a higher score playing on 8 rather than 2.

RobO
February 28th, 2009, 01:28 PM
But I accumulate scores for each level, right?

So, starting on level 8 and finisihing with 10 gives me scores for three levels, while starting at level 1 and finishing with level 10 gives me scores for 10 levels. I would expect the latter to be more difficult and give a higher score. Am I wrong?

That is assuming I can get from level 1 to 10 - that is certanly not the case now. :)

S.R. Krol
March 1st, 2009, 10:08 PM
No, you are correct.