PDA

View Full Version : Scenario Peleliu 1944

RT-Baseman
March 13th, 2009, 09:09 AM
Hi,

here are the first five scenarios (The peleliu.zip is only the map) of my Peleliu-project. I'll post the new scenarios/versions every time at this place (or the post #, because of the five file limit) to prevent a long search in the other posts of this threat.

Peleliu #1 version 0.7 is the initial amphibian assault until 09:30 o'clock (30 turns, 436 units).
Peleliu #2 version 0.7 is the progress on D-day until 18:00 o'clock at White 2 and Orange 1 - 3.(20 turns, 385 units).
Peleliu #3 version 0.5 is the progress on D-day until 18:00 o'clock at White 1 (8 turns, 114 units).
Peleliu #4 version 0.5 is the progress on D+1 in the southern 1/7 and 3/7 area (12 turns, 145 units).
Peleliu #5 version 0.5 is the progress on D+1 in the northern 1st and 5th Marines area(12 turns, 300 units, file in post #21).

Please read the scenario text!

Playtesters and comments (errors/do better...) are welcome!!!! Would be nice if someone can help with the scenario text to replace it with a more readable english ;O)

Thanks to gila, Pyros and hoplitis for their comments! :O)

Enjoy

:O)

Chris

RT-Baseman
April 3rd, 2009, 03:18 PM
Hi all,

i've finished the #1 scenario of a planed row. All scenarios together will represent the landing and conquer of Peleliu in September 1944. It's NOT a campaign, because i've found no unit which fought from the beginning to the end at "interesting" places on the island. So every scenario will be a small or big, easy or difficult portion of the fight with different troops avaiable. You will be able to select your favorite ones because i follow the historic timeline.

I'm now looking for playtesters before i'll post the scenarion in this forum.

Scenarion #1 is a big one (once again...like Tarawa...) and represents the first four hours (05:30 - 09:30 o'clock, 30 turns) in the initial assault on September 15, 1944 with five Marines regiments. The troops strength
is reduced to 25%. Found no way to make it smaller/draw a line, because the assaulting troops had simultanious flanking fire from both sides of the landing areas. Scenario #2 represents the progress in the ORANGE 1 - 3 area on D-day (only planed).

I'm now looking for playtesters before i'll post the scenarion in this forum, because i'm very busy with my new job and the progress will be slow. If you are interested, please let me know (christian.basener@gmx.de) and i'll send you the files.

Greetings

Chris

RT-Baseman
April 17th, 2009, 07:43 PM
Hi all,

here is the next step. Had no response to my last post. :( The scenario ist NOT playtested in all directions. If you find some errors/"do better" please let me know.

Greetings

:)

Chris

Double_Deuce
April 18th, 2009, 03:23 AM
Is this an update to the first one or another one in the series?

RT-Baseman
April 18th, 2009, 05:22 AM
This attachment is the first Peleliu-scenario. The other one was only the map to have a idea what will come.

Double_Deuce
April 18th, 2009, 05:35 AM
This attachment is the first Peleliu-scenario. The other one was only the map to have a idea what will come.
OK, I'll try to run through it this weekend or the 1st of the week. I am currently busy providing equipment for Imp's MiGs to use as target practice in our tourney game. :help:

gila
April 20th, 2009, 03:33 AM
Played through 8 turns.
I like it alot great map and i think you are pretty close to the mark on the forces involed.
Haven't landed yet and know bombardment didn't work too well against the JIA.
So there will be surprises i'm sure:D
I appreciate the time and effort you've put into it
Good work!

gila
April 20th, 2009, 10:09 PM
Holy ****! this one's big!

DRG
April 21st, 2009, 09:11 AM
Very interesting scenario and map. I'll be following the progress of this as it develops. I would encorage as many people as possible to playtest this one.

Don

RT-Baseman
April 24th, 2009, 04:50 PM
Hi all,

a short wip report: Scenario #2 (progress at Orange 1 - 3, October 15, 0930 - 1630 o'clock, 20 turns is mainly completed. Needs some adjustments here and there. Hope to finish it this week(end). It is the last scenario where five battalions are involved simultanious. After this, the island is divided in two parts and it's easier to handle (why did the Marines not land in a row at one beach???) :O)

Have made some minor changes in the Peleliu #1 file. Fixed LCI(M), fixed airplane armament, adjustment of japanese strongholds etc. I'll wait for some reactions until i release a new one.

If you don't wanna wait have a look at the attachment. NOT finished and NOT playtested!!!

@ Gila: Thanks a lot for your comment. It's a motivating post! Hope you fight your way to the beach in this big one. Smaller one will follow... Do you think that some tips/information are needed in the scenario text to handle this big landing force?

@DRG: Thanks for your support!!!

Greetings

Chris

iCaMpWiThAWP
April 26th, 2009, 03:00 PM
Hmmm... nice map, have you thought about a campaign?

RT-Baseman
April 27th, 2009, 12:03 PM
Hmmm... nice map, have you thought about a campaign?

please read post #2. I've found no unit that spend the whole time onto the island.

Chris

RT-Baseman
April 27th, 2009, 04:08 PM
Hi all,

here is the finished version of Peleliu #2. Like Peleliu #1 i need help from playtesters and in the scenario text (errors etc.). Would be very nice and a sign to move on.

Next will be the events on White 1 and White 2 to synchronize the timeline (very short one, three battalions) of White and Orange.

Enjoy

Chris

gila
April 29th, 2009, 01:18 AM
Hi all,

a short wip report: Scenario #2 (progress at Orange 1 - 3, October 15, 0930 - 1630 o'clock, 20 turns is mainly completed. Needs some adjustments here and there. Hope to finish it this week(end). It is the last scenario where five battalions are involved simultanious. After this, the island is divided in two parts and it's easier to handle (why did the Marines not land in a row at one beach???) :O)

Have made some minor changes in the Peleliu #1 file. Fixed LCI(M), fixed airplane armament, adjustment of japanese strongholds etc. I'll wait for some reactions until i release a new one.

If you don't wanna wait have a look at the attachment. NOT finished and NOT playtested!!!

@ Gila: Thanks a lot for your comment. It's a motivating post! Hope you fight your way to the beach in this big one. Smaller one will follow... Do you think that some tips/information are needed in the scenario text to handle this big landing force?

@DRG: Thanks for your support!!!

Greetings

Chris

It's an immense battle.
But fairly historic with all the battleships and cruisiers morter ships,and planes bombarding the beachhead.
I won't give away anything but americans should prevail in the end.
One thing "expect" on some landing craft will not ashore.:D

RT-Baseman
May 9th, 2009, 05:27 PM
Hi,

you'll find the new versions (v0.6) of Scenario Peleliu #1 and Peleliu #2 in the first post.

Enjoy

Chris

gila
May 13th, 2009, 07:31 PM
Chris,

Even tough i never i didn't get ashore it was obvious i could pummel the beach head until it was safe and since all the VH hexes are there on or near the beach, and game over.
I think the JIA were only too happy to let them land and used a defence in depth stategy, all those ships and planes can't help in close combat can they?
Just getting on the beach does't get you the island.

Might I suggust moving some VH back and placing more JIA back in kill zones?

C,mon pple need more playtester's on this one:)

wulfir
May 14th, 2009, 12:22 PM
Even tough i never i didn't get ashore it was obvious i could pummel the beach head until it was safe and since all the VH hexes are there on or near the beach, and game over.

That's what they thought when they approached Betio too - "Nothing can survive the shelling..."

Try the scenario, not quite as easy as it might seem at a glance...

RT-Baseman
May 15th, 2009, 02:52 PM
@gila, wulfir: Thanks for your feedback! In my opinion it is not very difficult to land and take the objectives (ok, with some looses and i know where the enemy are... ;O) ); the amount of troops and the coordination is the problem. My Tarawa scenario is much more complicated (i've lost all LVT's at Red 2 in one game). On Peleliu the Japanese are waiting; their main defence area is not on the beach! They know the firepower of the US Navy and had made some tactical changes. Their goal was to kill as much Marines/Army Personal as possible, so let them feel save in the beginning. It was planned to capture Peleliu in 5 days...they needed 3 month.

My intention: The Peleliu scenarios will lead you step by step through the campaign. You'll have big and small scenarios, heavy or light fightings, easy or difficult game goals. Just "play" history. And maybe a little bit of "feeling" all the different situations in a battle like this. And historical as accurate as possible. It will be a long project, i don't know how long because it's all in development. Thats why i need playtestes and ideas/input (like from gila) to speed the development up.

Greetings

Chris

hoplitis
May 15th, 2009, 04:22 PM
RT,
check your private messages...

RT-Baseman
May 23rd, 2009, 05:06 PM
Hi,

WIP: Scenario #3 and #4 are in progress.

# 3 will have "The Point" on D-Day as theme,

#4 is situated on D +1 in the southern 1/7 and 3/7 area.

Chris

RT-Baseman
June 5th, 2009, 11:47 AM
Hi,

scenario #3 and #4 are out (files are in the post #1).

wip:
#5 will be the progress in the east at D+1 (mainly 5th Marines)
#6 will be the progress in the north at D+1 (mainly 1st Marines)

enjoy

Chris

RT-Baseman
June 14th, 2009, 02:17 PM
Hi all,

scenario #5 is out. Have put the progress in the north and east in one scenario (see post before).

Chris

RT-Baseman
September 18th, 2009, 02:40 PM
Hi,

anybody here who is interested in the next scenarios? Haven't received any comment since june.

Too boring? Too difficult?

Greetings

Chris

georgesedlak
February 15th, 2010, 02:24 PM
We Just started this scenario, so far so good, nice work.

RT-Baseman
August 17th, 2011, 02:55 PM
Hello,

after a long break i have the time to work on.

wip: Peleliu #6, D+2 in the northern area (25 turns, 320 units)

Any playtesters outside who can/will help, pls? :re:

Greetings

Chris

iCaMpWiThAWP
August 20th, 2011, 11:50 AM
Hi, i can help you test it. BTW is the scenario massive? I usually have troubles handling more than a Bn.

RT-Baseman
August 30th, 2011, 03:14 PM
Hello iCaMpWiThAWP (and the other guinea pigs):D

here it is, but still WIP.

Planed changes:

1. I think, i can merge some units (Flame, Demo etc.) to lower the amount of troops. There is no need to handle them in seperate units in this scenario.

2. The battalions have all companys in the front line. I'll move one company behind the line as reserve.

3. Write missing scenario text.

"BTW is the scenario massive?...": Try to work from north to south. It is a linear scenario, this means - move only ahead. :rolleyes: Approx. 200 units are moveable.

Have fun and thanks for your help. :up:

Greetings

Chris

iCaMpWiThAWP
September 1st, 2011, 02:51 PM
Haha, i'll get to it, should take a while to play because of the size :)

iCaMpWiThAWP
September 6th, 2011, 02:15 PM
This is really great, i'm taking less than a turn/day because it's really big, but i's a really nice one to play, no weird problems so far, but i find it a bit hard for me, may be caused by the size lol

iCaMpWiThAWP
September 16th, 2011, 03:53 PM
Unit Q1, a bazooka team, has a speed of 63, lol, played through turn 7 before noticing it.
CB0 CB1 and CB2, apparently depleted marine squads, have "3 BARs", maybe change them into a squad with a single one to reduce their firepower? they also have a speed of 0, maybe they're just the for flavor?

RT-Baseman
September 18th, 2011, 01:36 PM
Hello iCaMpWiThAWP,

bazooka team = superman lives... :D

CB0, CB1 and CB2 are the remains of K/3/1. Down to 80 men of 230. They are put out of the line (= still there but speed 0).

Ok, I'll correct the units. Thanks alot for your notice!!!

Greetings

Chris

RT-Baseman
November 7th, 2011, 03:05 PM
Hello,

here is the next version of Peleliu #6. Slot 470.

Have made the anounced changes and also reduced the amount of units to 275 by merging for a little "easier" handling.

have fun :)

Greetings

Chris