PDA

View Full Version : Played Scenario 1

runequester
May 25th, 2009, 02:23 AM
..and I really enjoyed it. Its a quick little infantry fight. About a company's worth of germans against a platoon of Poles on a hill.

There werent as many enemies as I had anticipated. I was expecting a stiff counter attack after taking the front trenches, but it never materialized. You gotta hurry though. There's only 12 turns, and there's quite a bit of ground to cover.

Due to the small amount of defenders, you may be able to win the day by using your mortars for suppression, as well as the two MG34 teams on the southern hill, rather than firing smoke rounds. I tried starting out with suppressing fire, switching to smoke, then switching back, and the time delay ended me with a volley of lebel rifle fire in my face :)

If I was to play it again as the Poles, Im pondering whether you might be to able to outlast the germans by pulling back a hex or two. The visibility in the trench area isnt too good, and it'd shield you from the mass of German fire as they move up. Of course, if you do that, you'll be hard pressed to win back any ground lost