PDA

View Full Version : Anybody else had this with ATGMs

Imp
February 4th, 2010, 12:59 PM
Realise if distance reasonable sometimes a vehicle gets to fire first if its the target but normaly vs vehicle ATGMs this was more like helicopters protecting each other. Other sides turn & an inf ATGM appears on map my APC fires at it then it takes a shot at one of my tanks. Cant be sure but think it was a reaction shot to it firing as obviosly it had not moved just appeared as readied to fire. Put him off enough that he missed & couldnt get a 2nd shot off:D

Mobhack
February 5th, 2010, 02:08 AM
Realise if distance reasonable sometimes a vehicle gets to fire first if its the target but normaly vs vehicle ATGMs this was more like helicopters protecting each other. Other sides turn & an inf ATGM appears on map my APC fires at it then it takes a shot at one of my tanks. Cant be sure but think it was a reaction shot to it firing as obviosly it had not moved just appeared as readied to fire. Put him off enough that he missed & couldnt get a 2nd shot off:D

This is perfectly normal behaviour since SP2 came out. Firing an ATGM, a spotting unit can get a reaction shot in before the missile hits - they are slow things. This can kill the ATGM team/vehicle or suppress it to cause a miss as you saw.

Andy

Imp
February 5th, 2010, 04:23 PM
Thought I was pretty observant obviosly not only really noticed targeted vehicle getting the chance till now.