PDA

View Full Version : Link to Demo-Demo Manual Button

MikMyk
November 22nd, 2010, 10:48 PM
Hi All,

Demo'd the game tonight and overall a positive experience.

The manual button in the demo doesn't seem to work and I couldn't find it on either site. Would you happen to have a link to the manual? Sorry if it is an oversight on my part.

Tim Brooks
November 22nd, 2010, 11:34 PM
Hi MikMyk:

It has always been the policy of Shrapnel Games to not release manuals with the demo. Sorry.

Rich
November 22nd, 2010, 11:48 PM
Well, there isn't enough info to make a decision and some of our questions aren't getting answered so that doesn't work. sorry, that does it for me.

ScottWAR
November 23rd, 2010, 05:22 AM
Rich,..I' ve read all of the posts made by you and all of your questions have been answered,....in fact,...you answered your own questions.

The only question I havent seen addressed by the developer so far is the 94% freeze bug and the mention of islands being untakeable in the demo. Neither which have affected me yet in the three games I have played in the full version.

I've played many turn based wargames in the last 25 years,.....starting with risk, includint axis & allies, supremacy, and many many others. This is a very good game from what I have experienced in it so far.

IF you actually have any questions, ask and I will try and find an answer for you using the full game or manual.

ScottWAR
November 23rd, 2010, 05:27 AM
Hi MikMyk:

It has always been the policy of Shrapnel Games to not release manuals with the demo. Sorry.

Considering there is no tutorial or ANYTHING at all in the demo to teach player how to play the game,...it might be a good idea to make an exception to that policy for this demo. Or at least have someone type up a small guide for demo users to learn how to play.........

A demo doesnt do a lot of good if people cant even figure out how to play...............

Rich
November 23rd, 2010, 03:52 PM
The lack of any info on how to play the game was my biggest question. This has now been answered but when I posted it wasn't. When the new guide comes out I'll take another look. The reason I looked in the first place is that it seemed like a nice game. Although I'm not crazy about the "always hit" feature but maybe that is ok in this game, I don't know.

Also how small the units on the map were and if the size could be increased. This still hasn't been answered althogh it's not as important, it just takes some enjoyment out of the game since I'm always either zooming to see or straining my eyes.

tenryu1
November 23rd, 2010, 04:08 PM
Also how small the units on the map were and if the size could be increased. This still hasn't been answered althogh it's not as important, it just takes some enjoyment out of the game since I'm always either zooming to see or straining my eyes.

Left mouse click on area, then mouse wheel works for me, Rich.
:)

MikMyk
November 23rd, 2010, 05:40 PM
Thanks for your reply Tim and appreciate the effort put into the guide.

Rich
November 23rd, 2010, 06:47 PM

Left mouse click on area, then mouse wheel works for me, Rich.
:)

Works for me too. But doesn't solve the too small icons zoomed out. It probably won't stop me from buying the game if I really want to after trying the demo for a while but I don't yet know what the irritating factor will be.

junk2drive
November 23rd, 2010, 09:39 PM
Rich didn't say that zoom didn't work. He says that zooming out to see the map makes the icons too small. I also found that the more units placed in a region, the smaller the icons get.

Edit: I just realised that the reply was from Rich himself. dooh