PDA

View Full Version : vs AI Tournament (Actually a Campaign)

Double_Deuce
April 2nd, 2011, 03:45 PM
I originally ran something like this using winSPMBT but thought I might try a winSPWW2 version.

Basically it would be a multi-player team style Combat Campaign but all players would be on the same team and fight the AI. It is similar to Wulfir's Dynamic Campaigns in that each player will have a core force that they command through the entire campaign from battle to battle BUT the team will have a single overall objective managed on an operational level map.

I'm still working out the mechanics and some other details however, the theme will be 1930, Russian Far East, re-ignition of the Russian Civil War. In other words the exiled White's and their allies sneak back into Russia and start crap all over again under cover of the world plunging into a depression.

Any questions, comments, etc please post here?

iCaMpWiThAWP
April 2nd, 2011, 04:16 PM
How would the operational level things be simulated?
Free DL players could be in?

Double_Deuce
April 2nd, 2011, 04:51 PM
How would the operational level things be simulated?Working on that at the moment but basically players will command their own force (purchased from a list of available units in the RED OOB, probably April 1930 with units pulled from the Soviet OOB) placed on the operational map. They will then give orders to me as referee on their actions such as move directions and depending if their side has the Strategic Initiative either Operations (offensive) or Defensive orders;

OPERATIONS

Probe
Assault and Hold
Breakthrough

DEFENSE

Hold
Fighting Withdrawal
Counterattack

Each of the above has further detailed suborders and is what your "mission" would be for a scenario in your unique campaign files.

Based on your results each battle, your choice of action each turn (probably a week in game time), your fellow commanders results and enemy strategic actions I will build out the next scenario.

I know that's really vague overview but should be a good start.

Also, its meant to be a fun game and no players are really competing against each other. You are all after a single objective, defeat of the resurgent White's and their allies and maybe some forum bragging rights on which Comrade let the revolution down most in its time of need. :D

Free DL players could be in?Yes, anyone could play, DL or CD.

Ts4EVER
April 2nd, 2011, 04:55 PM
I would be interested in theory, but the scenario doesn't really grab me tbh.

Roman
April 2nd, 2011, 08:04 PM
I'm interested. Count on me.

Double_Deuce
April 3rd, 2011, 01:48 AM
I'll probably keep this small and limited to about 4-5 battles per player and as far as scale as this would primarily be a test run to make sure all the steps and processes get thoroughly documented for a future project with a more broadly interesting theme.

Brian61
April 3rd, 2011, 02:56 AM
I'm with Ts4EVER on the scenario, but for a short campaign to get the process debugged and documented, sure count me in. I do hope the core forces can be small though, like on the order of a reinforced infantry company or so.

Brian

Double_Deuce
April 3rd, 2011, 03:03 AM
I do hope the core forces can be small though, like on the order of a reinforced infantry company or so.Thats the plan, maybe 2 companies in size max. Players will purchase and configure their custom force from a set pool of points and available units. Also maps will be 30x30, air, artillery and vehicles extremely limited. Turns set to about 12-15.

Double_Deuce
April 4th, 2011, 03:49 AM
I would be interested in theory, but the scenario doesn't really grab me tbh.

I'm with Ts4EVER on the scenario,I welcome any recommendations for the followup campaign although not sure it will be WWII or Modern. I will need to do some research for the theme/background well in advance so any early hints would be useful. I am looking for something that would allow players to pick from a range of nations to build their core force from so winSPMBT may be the way to go as I'm not sure WWII would allow that. ;)

Brian61
April 4th, 2011, 06:01 AM
You'd have to pry my cold dead fingers away from my winSPWWII CD edition widescreen :D I don't normally play winSPMBT, great game, but not my area of interest (not sure I even have a patched version of the free game installed).

If you want players to be able to choose from a variety of nations, there are two theatres that immediately come to mind: Eastern Front with players as German or Axis minor powers; Western Front with players as any of a number of Allied nations.

For the Eastern Front there were also SS units comprised primarily of foriegn volunteers (and sometimes conscripts), modeling them is quite possible from the German OOB.

If you absolutely must have multinational core forces with winSPWWII you could simply provide players with a map and condition specifications (buy points, visibility, length, engagement type, date, sides), the players would then create the first scenario using the map buying only the HQ unit for the opposing player but otherwise buying their core force. They save the scenario and send it to you where you can then setup the opfor, save scenario and use it to create a custom campaign.

This would allow the player to buy allied/captured units from other nations for their core force. It would also allow them to more easily customize formations to model specific TOEs. Of course, the honor system would have to be invoked to avoid anyone modifying unit data for nefarious purposes.

The other option, though more work for you, is just to have the players send you their desired core force TOEs.

Brian

Ts4EVER
April 4th, 2011, 06:54 AM
The best way of having a multi national force in ww2 would be the Italian front.

iCaMpWiThAWP
April 4th, 2011, 12:36 PM
I'm in if you still need a player
Belgium '40
Normandy '44
could be used aswell...
Russian civil war could be done if equipment is EXTREMELY limitated to fit the time period(tanks, MGs, planes and guns, grunts are always grunts)

Double_Deuce
April 4th, 2011, 08:36 PM
For anyone even remotely interested in being involved in this you may want to get familiar with the April-June 1930 Soviet OOB as that is the units you will be building your Core Force from AND where the White forces, your main opposition, will be taken from. :D

I would also recommend getting familiar with the US, British and Japanese OOB's from the same time frame as these are the White Force allies. ;)

Roman
April 4th, 2011, 08:55 PM
[QUOTE=Double_Deuce;774798]I originally ran something like this using winSPMBT but thought I might try a winSPWW2 version.

Basically it would be a multi-player team style Combat Campaign but all players would be on the same team and fight the AI. It is similar to Wulfir's Dynamic Campaigns in that each player will have a core force that they command through the entire campaign from battle to battle BUT the team will have a single overall objective managed on an operational level map.

Sometimes I think. What good would be to combine a game like Panzer Campaigns is an operational level but the outcome of battles with SP. Something like Medieval Total War 2 for driving the strategy and tactics in battle.
In this case you might choose a region, set up two opposing armies and create a situation.
With the number of players could play at the division level with three battalions per player (team). Bone with 3 players per team, we have a division.
The issue is creating the situation. There are war games which have been used for example in the second war and previous wars inclusive. I'm investigating to see if I can find material about it.
With those games Zhukov for example envisioned that the Russian defense would collapse against a German attack, the Germans discovered that an attack on Normandy would put in a bind. So these games ended up being true.
Now the funny thing is that we fight the little battles with SP.
I think we can play historical campaigns or hypothetical. I believe with a hypothetical campaign would be greater the challenge.

Skirmisher
April 4th, 2011, 08:57 PM
For anyone even remotely interested in being involved in this you may want to get familiar with the April-June 1930 Soviet OOB as that is the units you will be building your Core Force from AND where the White forces, your main opposition, will be taken from. :D

I would also recommend getting familiar with the US, British and Japanese OOB's from the same time frame as these are the White Force allies. ;)

I'm onboard. Matter's not to me regarding time frame or forces involved. :up:

Double_Deuce
April 4th, 2011, 09:54 PM
Sometimes I think. What good would be to combine a game like Panzer Campaigns is an operational level but the outcome of battles with SP. Something like Medieval Total War 2 for driving the strategy and tactics in battle.
In this case you might choose a region, set up two opposing armies and create a situation.
With the number of players could play at the division level with three battalions per player (team). Bone with 3 players per team, we have a division.Have done it before, probably 6-7 times over the last 9-10 years. Its not something that's really easy. You are talking several year commitment from everyone involved.

You can see some games I ran over the years where a few links still work;

http://replay.waybackmachine.org/20010505041022/http://aspmall.com/ddmain/

http://replay.waybackmachine.org/20020410110829/http://www.aspmall.com/ddmain/crimea/index.htm

http://replay.waybackmachine.org/20041226063817/http://www.warfarehq.com/steel_panthers/red_snow/red_snow.shtml
http://www.combat-campaigns.com/red_snow/
http://www.combat-campaigns.com/index.php/board,97.0.html

http://www.combat-campaigns.com/spmbt/nato_wp/

gila
April 4th, 2011, 11:07 PM
I would go for any 1930's battle,whatever forces but you should concider the spanish civil war (SCW),there's alot potential there on both sides being very nearly equal and different strategies that would be used:)

Roman
April 5th, 2011, 07:18 AM
With the number of players could play at the division level with three battalions per player (team). Bone with 3 players per team, we have a division.Have done it before, probably 6-7 times over the last 9-10 years. Its not something that's really easy. You are talking several year commitment from everyone involved.

You can see some games I ran over the years where a few links still work;

http://replay.waybackmachine.org/20010505041022/http://aspmall.com/ddmain/

http://replay.waybackmachine.org/20020410110829/http://www.aspmall.com/ddmain/crimea/index.htm

http://replay.waybackmachine.org/20041226063817/http://www.warfarehq.com/steel_panthers/red_snow/red_snow.shtml
http://www.combat-campaigns.com/red_snow/
http://www.combat-campaigns.com/index.php/board,97.0.html

http://www.combat-campaigns.com/spmbt/nato_wp/

Is very good. In some of that thought but it is certain to be difficult. You could implement some of these campaigns here?
Then see these links for more time to see how organized these campaigns.

Double_Deuce
April 5th, 2011, 10:04 PM
I would go for any 1930's battle,whatever forces but you should concider the spanish civil war (SCW),there's alot potential there on both sides being very nearly equal and different strategies that would be used:)I thought about that but I have an RCW itch that needs scratching at the moment. :D

iCaMpWiThAWP
April 6th, 2011, 02:01 AM
I would go for any battle in any period lol!
Sure a few ones have more toys than others...

Double_Deuce
April 6th, 2011, 07:56 AM
OK, here are the base guidelines for purchasing your Core Force for the Russian Civil War II "vs AI Campaign" game.

Please download the attached .txt file which includes the units and their costs.

You have 400 Points to spend on your TOTAL Force and you can use up to 100 of those points for purchasing from the Support Units/Weapons list. You obviously have to Purchase the Soviet HQ so that takes 59 of those 400 points off the top actually only leaving you with 341 points to BUY units. ;)

Also, some units comes with transportation (those units are prefaced by a + and their costs have been added to the unit they are "attached to"). For example if you purchase a "Maxim HMG [1]" the "Pack Mules" are included on the purchase price.

Once you have worked out your force, post it in this thread and I will work up the base campaign files to be used by you for the campaign.

I will then start posting the campaign overview, background and operational map with graphics so we can get the ball rolling.

PLEASE NOTE: You will need to be semi-familiar with the CAMPAIGN EDITING Menu's. At minimum you will need to know how to unzip files and move the files in those zips to their appropriate folder in your winSPWW2 directory. .txt files will go into your Campaigns folder while the .dat and .cmt scenario files to your Scenarios folder. You also need to know how to "import" those Scenarios into the correct NODE slot in your campaign in the Campaign Editor and how to adjust/set the Build, Support and Flights columns as needed in the Campaign Editor.

Any questions please ask.

iCaMpWiThAWP
April 6th, 2011, 11:08 AM
Are we getting any arty support other than what we buy?
same goes for other units(grunts, heavy weapons, air, tanks, cavalry)

Brian61
April 6th, 2011, 11:16 AM
Some hard choices, some easy ones, interesting! :)

I'm going to go with:

Force Cost Base(rem) Support(rem)
400 100
1x u244 Soviet HQ 59 341 100
1x u434 82mm Mortar Sec 32 309 68
2x u610 Maxim HMG [1] 32 277 36
1x u64 Engineer FT 25 252 11
9x u184 Marines Section 180 72 11
2x u185 Scouts 26 46 11
2x u480 Sniper 46 0 (11)

If possible, I'd like my Marines to be in three platoons of three sections each. I'd also prefer my mortar section to be in its own group. For the rest it doesn't matter though I'd prefer at least the support units be kept separate from base units.

This has possibilities, thanks,
Brian

Double_Deuce
April 6th, 2011, 11:23 AM
If possible, I'd like my Marines to be in three platoons of three sections each. I'd also prefer my mortar section to be in its own group. For the rest it doesn't matter though I'd prefer at least the support units be kept separate from base units.I can do that.

Double_Deuce
April 6th, 2011, 11:32 AM
Are we getting any arty support other than what we buy?
same goes for other units(grunts, heavy weapons, air, tanks, cavalry)Your core force is only what is listed and is all you can rely on for the campaign. Replacements, reinforcements, reserves and added support depend on your mission (each scenario) and if the Regional Commander (me for now) thinks you are worth the risk of squandering his limited resources based on feedback from my Commissar's. (I am in the final stages of fleshing out a campaign management system for this).

Double_Deuce
April 6th, 2011, 11:44 AM
As a caveat, each of you will be assigned a Political Commissar unit as part of your force. How you "manage" him in your battles can bring you great benefit as well as extreme hardship as the campaign progresses.

If you allow his "unit" into positions where they can gain kills he will happily report your glory in service the State to the Regional Commissar and they will look favorably upon you as an up and coming commander. This will likely result in extra bodies to lead and extra ammo for your guns. You may also see the glorious Red Air Force over your sector more often.

However, if you allow his "unit" to get killed, and you survive the campaign, your future may involve being one of the first lucky visitors to the new Gulag System our leaders are in the process of setting up (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gulag#Background).

Double_Deuce
April 6th, 2011, 11:57 AM
However, if you allow his "unit" to get killed, and you survive the campaign, your future may involve being one of the first lucky visitors to the new Gulag System our leaders are in the process of setting up (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gulag#Background).And if you think you can get him out of your hair by getting him killed, I can assure you he will be replaced in time for your next venture onto the battlefield. :D

Skirmisher
April 6th, 2011, 04:02 PM
Ok here is my OOB.

HQ/cost 59

Marines/cost 20

82mm Mortars (x2)/cost 64

Maxim HMG (x2)/cost 32

Cossaks-Lancers (x9)/cost 225

Total Cost 400

Skirmisher
April 6th, 2011, 05:30 PM
Ok here is my OOB.

HQ/cost 59

Marines/cost 20

82mm Mortars (x2)/cost 64

Maxim HMG (x2)/cost 32

Cossaks-Lancers (x9)/cost 225

Total Cost 400

After some consideration, please attach the Marines and the Commissar unit to the HQ.

Leave the Mortars,HMG seperate,and divide the Cossaks into three platoons of 3 each. Leaving them seperate from other units as well.

Double_Deuce
April 6th, 2011, 07:44 PM
After some consideration, please attach the Marines and the Commissar unit to the HQ.

Leave the Mortars,HMG seperate,and divide the Cossaks into three platoons of 3 each. Leaving them seperate from other units as well.You should be able to cross attach the Marines to the HQ once the campaign start, when deploying. I'm try to keep units under their own ID's to maximum the Leader status.

The Commissar is always its own unit and will not be allowed to be attached to anyone.

Double_Deuce
April 6th, 2011, 10:40 PM
Here is the draft campaign overview;

RUSSIAN CIVIL WAR II**

April - May 1930.**

The Russian Civil War basically ended with the surrender of General Anatoly Pepelyayev and his White forces in the Far Eastern Ayano-Maysky District on June 1923. As the Red Army slowly pushed the Whites out of Siberia many commanders made their escape, along with a good portion of the men to safe haven among the US and British possession in the Pacific. Many more were given refuge in northern Japan where they continued to be armed and trained for their eventual return to the Russian mainland. The regions of Kamchatka and Northern Sakhalin remained under Japanese occupation until their treaty with the Soviet Union in 1925, when their forces were finally withdrawn, however the Japanese continued to eye the region for future conquest.**

It was with the onset of the Great Depression in 1929 that the opportunity finally started to present itself for a return of the White army. The Pitelinskii Uprising in January 1930 and increasing peasant revolts against forced collectivism only encouraged the Japanese to push the Whites harder. Hoping that the Red Army would be too occupied in eastern Europe to do anything this far east the Japanese prodded the Whites to act. **

In late March, 1930 act they did and a large army of White veterans boarded vessels supplied by the Japanese and were successfully landed at Okhotsk along the northern coast of the Sea of Okhotsk. As they quickly overwhelmed the small Red army garrisons in the area their beachhead expanded considerably. In less that 2 weeks they had occupied an area over 100 square kilometers reaching 100 kilometers to the north near Arka, 70 kilometers to to the west at Zapadnyy and 65 kilometers to the east at Ul'beya. Not wanting to be left out of any of the spoils, Japan, the United States and Great Britain quickly dispatched their own forces from nearby bases to "support" the effort in the hopes they could cash in on the considerable resources in the area the Whites had already overrun.**

Slowly the Red Army responded and the first available forces were dispatched by train from bases in central Siberia. Unfortunately, these were essentially small units recruited as personal bodyguards of former Red Army officers who were now nothing more than warlords that kept the peace in their local areas. They were the first to arrive and confront the Whites with promises from the Politburo that more heavily armed and better trained Red Army units would soon follow to finish the job.**

As one of these "warlords" you quickly organize your men and arrange travel to the east by train. You should be in the area assigned to you no later than April 3rd, 1930 and are expected to take up the attack within a day or 2 of arrival, if not sooner. To make sure you do your duty to the state a Commissar and his aide have been assigned to you.**

SPECIAL CAMPAIGN NOTES: **

THE COMMISSAR: The Commissar, his aide and a staff car will accompany your unit everywhere you go. Should you find ways to put the Commissar in position to get "Kills" and thus increase his standing as a true Hero of the Red Army he will make sure that he heaps added praise of your loyalty to the state in his reports to the Regional Commissar. Thus you can expect that you and your men will be given special attention when supplies are issued. This could mean critical access to armor or air support if in the area as well as recruitment of local troops to bolster your ranks. However, if the Commissar unit is killed you can expect to be punished heavily. The exact punishment depends on the whims of the Regional Commissar and could range anywhere from withholding of supplies, being ordered to make attacks you have little if any chance of winning, or even surviving and so on. Basically this means it is in your interest to put the Commissar in position to get easy "Kills" BUT not get him killed in the process.**
Questions, comments, etc? Please ask. ;)

Double_Deuce
April 6th, 2011, 11:17 PM
Had to make a minor change to the OOB as far as the transport for the 82mm Mortar Sec. The Pack Mules cannot carry them so the new transport for the 82mm Mortar Sec is a Wagon. I just left the point totals as is to avoid the recalculating. Would be minor amount of points anyway.

Skirmisher
April 7th, 2011, 12:30 AM
THE COMMISSAR: The Commissar, his aide and a staff car will accompany your unit everywhere you go. Should you find ways to put the Commissar in position to get "Kills" and thus increase his standing as a true Hero of the Red Army he will make sure that he heaps added praise of your loyalty to the state in his reports to the Regional Commissar. Thus you can expect that you and your men will be given special attention when supplies are issued. This could mean critical access to armor or air support if in the area as well as recruitment of local troops to bolster your ranks. However, if the Commissar unit is killed you can expect to be punished heavily. The exact punishment depends on the whims of the Regional Commissar and could range anywhere from withholding of supplies, being ordered to make attacks you have little if any chance of winning, or even surviving and so on. Basically this means it is in your interest to put the Commissar in position to get easy "Kills" BUT not get him killed in the process.**

This is interesting,what if he get's to see no action? But stays alive.

Is this a car unit with three people in it, or 2 people riding in a car with one driver?

Small units like this can disappear quickly in heated battle.:fire:

iCaMpWiThAWP
April 7th, 2011, 09:43 AM
9xRifle section 144 used
2xMaxim HMG 176 used(32 support)
1x82mm mortar 208 used(64 support
1xEngineers(regular ones) 229 used (85 support)
2xScouts 255 used
9xrifle section 399 used

2 Companies of 9 sections possible? Long live cheap grunts!A shame i couldn't get more engineers, but heavy weapons were more of a priority if russian soldiers are poorly trained

btw, what's the base experience value?

Double_Deuce
April 7th, 2011, 01:28 PM

This is interesting,what if he get's to see no action? But stays alive.

Is this a car unit with three people in it, or 2 people riding in a car with one driver?

Small units like this can disappear quickly in heated battle.:fire:If he sees no action and stays alive thats maintaining the status quo, no harm no foul. What I did is pick the Green OOB Motor Observer unit > the Staff Car (Green OOB) with the Forward Observer (2 peeps, FO and driver).

The main reason for including them and picking this "theme" I thought it would make a good way to add in some extra variables, and spice things up.

Double_Deuce
April 7th, 2011, 01:48 PM
9xRifle section 144 used
2xScouts 255 used
9xrifle section 399 used2 Companies of 9 sections possible? Long live cheap grunts!A shame i couldn't get more engineers, but heavy weapons were more of a priority if russian soldiers are poorly trained

btw, what's the base experience value?That comes out to 458 points (373 Base + 85 Support)?

9xRifle section 144 used (+144)
2xMaxim HMG 176 used(32 support) (+32)
1x82mm mortar 208 used(64 support (+23)
1xEngineers(regular ones) 229 used (85 support) (+21)
2xScouts 255 used (+26)
9xrifle section 399 used (+144)

I don't think the text file was especially clear on that but the total force cannot exceed 400 points with up to 100 of those points being used form the support list. That would put you 58 points over the total point limit.

Double_Deuce
April 7th, 2011, 02:49 PM
I'll be starting a new thread for the actual campaign here shortly. I will post your orders, files and additional information and instructions there for easier tracking.

IMPORTANT: Please make sure you save the campaign after each turn (the last thing you do before you click the "End Turn" button) especially in the last turn before the End Game screen pops up. This is needed so that the next campaign scenario/node can be inserted into your ongoing campaign.

I will need you to email me that save file at doubledeuce@combat-campaigns.com so I can review and then build your next scenario.

iCaMpWiThAWP
April 7th, 2011, 03:00 PM
9xRifle section 144 used
2xScouts 255 used
9xrifle section 399 used2 Companies of 9 sections possible? Long live cheap grunts!A shame i couldn't get more engineers, but heavy weapons were more of a priority if russian soldiers are poorly trained

btw, what's the base experience value?That comes out to 458 points (373 Base + 85 Support)?

9xRifle section 144 used (+144)
2xMaxim HMG 176 used(32 support) (+32)
1x82mm mortar 208 used(64 support (+23)
1xEngineers(regular ones) 229 used (85 support) (+21)
2xScouts 255 used (+26)
9xrifle section 399 used (+144)

I don't think the text file was especially clear on that but the total force cannot exceed 400 points with up to 100 of those points being used form the support list. That would put you 58 points over the total point limit.
No, The TOTAL force value is 399, and 85 of these are support
btw, 82mm mortar sec listed as 32 points, not 23, are we using the same files?

Double_Deuce
April 7th, 2011, 03:45 PM
No, The TOTAL force value is 399, and 85 of these are supportbtw, 82mm mortar sec listed as 32 points, not 23, are we using the same files? The Support forces are 85 (yeah that was typo on the Mortar, it is 32 points) but the core forces are showing as 373, you have to include the HQ unit too which is the difference between our totals.

1xHQ [59]
9xRifle section [144]
2xScouts 255 used [26]
9xrifle section [144]

2xMaxim HMG [32]
1x82mm mortar [32]
1xEngineers(regular ones) [21]

Roman
April 7th, 2011, 06:52 PM
Remember, I want to participate. :)

Double_Deuce
April 7th, 2011, 06:57 PM
Remember, I want to participate. :)Then you need to review this post "RCW "vs AI Campaign" Force Purchase Guidelines (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showpost.php?p=775131&postcount=21)" and submit your starting OOB selection in this thread. Make sure you count the 59 points you need to use for the HQ unit against the 400 total force points. ;)

Double_Deuce
April 7th, 2011, 07:38 PM

Ok here is my OOB.
I have your campaigns set up and the 1st full scenario included BUT I started the official thread in the wrong section. :doh:

Once I get that thread moved to the correct place I will post the campaign files and you two can have at it. :up:

Skirmisher
April 7th, 2011, 07:46 PM

Ok here is my OOB.
I have your campaigns set up and the 1st full scenario included BUT I started the official thread in the wrong section. :doh:

Once I get that thread moved to the correct place I will post the campaign files and you two can have at it. :up:

Thanks for your effort.

Look forward to starting this.:up:

Roman
April 7th, 2011, 09:04 PM
Ok. My troops:
1 HQ (59)
5 Rifles (5x16 = 80)
2 Scouts (2x13 = 26)
4 Cossacks (4x25 = 100)
1 Conscripts (16)
1 Sniper (23)
Subtotal: 304
Support:
82mm Mortar Sec 2 (64)
2 Maxim HMG [1] (32)
Subtotal: 96
Total:400

Double_Deuce
April 7th, 2011, 10:41 PM
btw, what's the base experience value?I believe the base Experience is 55 and Morale is 60.

iCaMpWiThAWP
April 8th, 2011, 01:18 PM
I'll redo then:

1xUseless HQ unit (+59)
9xRifle section (+144)
2xMaxim HMG (32 support) (+32)
1x82mm mortar (64 support (+32)
1xEngineers(regular ones) (85 support) (+21)
2xScouts (+26)
4xrifle section (+64)
1xFAI (+17)

A company of 13 Sections.
Looks like i got luxury resources with my armoured car.
If i'm not mistaken that brings the total to 395.

My force looks weird, i'm still thinking i lack something in my core...

Skirmisher
April 8th, 2011, 04:58 PM
Had to make a minor change to the OOB as far as the transport for the 82mm Mortar Sec. The Pack Mules cannot carry them so the new transport for the 82mm Mortar Sec is a Wagon. I just left the point totals as is to avoid the recalculating. Would be minor amount of points anyway.

I didn't get the wagons. And there is no Commissar unit in the first scenario I got. Will it be AUX?

Double_Deuce
April 8th, 2011, 05:13 PM

I didn't get the wagons. And there is no Commissar unit in the first scenario I got. Will it be AUX?Looks like I forgot to overwrite the zip files. Should be corrected and an updated copy uploaded.

Yes, the Commissar is an AUX unit.

Double_Deuce
April 9th, 2011, 03:34 AM
My force looks weird, i'm still thinking i lack something in my core...Your campaign files are just about ready, rechecking some things.

gila
April 9th, 2011, 07:03 PM
Hi DD,
If not too late.heres what i would go with:

HQ-59
Mountain Co.-291
82 mortar sec.-46
Total core pts. 396

Sorry for the large font size:)

My Em is: rockawybch@yahoo.com

Double_Deuce
April 9th, 2011, 07:27 PM
Hi DD,
If not too late.heres what i would go with:

HQ-59
Mountain Co.-291
82 mortar sec.-46
Total core pts. 396

Sorry for the large font size:)

My Em is: rockawybch@yahoo.com
No Mountain Troops. You need to pick units piece by piece from the text file in the attachment of this post "RCW "vs AI Campaign" Force Purchase Guidelines (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showpost.php?p=775131&postcount=21)". Those are the only troops types allowed.

iCaMpWiThAWP
April 10th, 2011, 11:45 AM
Are we dealing with supply and reinforcements on the operational scale? Are we really bothering with the operational part of the campaign?(if we had a supreme commander, who'd control those things and order our movement we would have a pretty interesting game)it could be nice to know how are our forces doing...

Roman
April 10th, 2011, 01:07 PM
It could produce an operational map? to get an idea of how is the campaign in general. I saw the Google map. We are fighting on a peninsula?
Another question: We have reinforcements?

Double_Deuce
April 10th, 2011, 06:56 PM
Are we dealing with supply and reinforcements on the operational scale? Are we really bothering with the operational part of the campaign?(if we had a supreme commander, who'd control those things and order our movement we would have a pretty interesting game)it could be nice to know how are our forces doing...Yes and no. For this test run there is no operational commander among the player team. In previous games I have found that a supreme commander does not usually work well unless that person is NOT involved in the actual battles as they tend to hoard resources for their own unit as opposed to distributing them to the other commanders. Its not always the case but after 10 years of running these that the reality. There are some who play their role impartially very well but they are few and far between. With a separate operational commander, this means they would plan the operational moves and allocate replacements but would not play any SP battles. You either play as overall commander or as a subordinate and fight the actual battles, not both.

It could produce an operational map? to get an idea of how is the campaign in general. I saw the Google map. We are fighting on a peninsula?
Another question: We have reinforcements?

Right now I have a basic campaign story outline I have written and will use that to decide reinforcements (Support Points) and replacements (Build Points) for your forces. How well you do in each battle also has an effect on what you receive from higher headquarters.