.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   Multiplayer and AARs (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=145)
-   -   FastBlitz - Running (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=44159)

Folket March 10th, 2010 03:52 AM

Re: FastBlitz - Running

The game plays very differently with so much money/resources. Ordinary units become much more important but you reach end game so much earlier.

AdmiralZhao March 10th, 2010 03:23 PM

Congrats on your win Folket, you definitely earned it. We never really managed to deal with your Nature's Bounty, and paid the price in facing an unending stream of monkey warriors and mages. GG.

Graeme Dice March 10th, 2010 04:01 PM

Let me know when I should shut down the game.

Any interest in a similar setup, perhaps in a different age?

TwoBits March 10th, 2010 10:50 PM

I'm surprised R'lyeh and it's limitless hordes of Starspawn didn't do better in these settings. But I can see how Nature's Bounty could be truly brutal with 300% gold (in high dominion, you'd be pushing close to 600%?). Might want to think about modding out NB for Fastblitz 3 ;) If I had more time, I'd be inclined to participate.

AdmiralZhao March 11th, 2010 12:22 AM

Yeah, Ryleh and I never banded together to take it down. I always kept thinking Ryleh would, what with being the astral king, but no. :) I believe Nature's Bounty gives a max of 3x income, so yes, they were pulling down a total of 9x normal income. I'm not sure I would mod it out though; we could have taken it down if we had cooperated more, and I don't know that it is any worse than any of the other big end game globals. In the other high resource game I am playing I'm waiting to see who casts Nature's Bounty first, and exactly how much stompage they receive.

Folket March 11th, 2010 11:12 AM

I had a stable income of 20-25k so I think gift of natures bounty helped quite a lot.

Folket March 12th, 2010 08:44 AM

Has anyone heard anything from the Vanishag? I would like to have his input before we write off this game.

Is it possible to extract his email from the llamaserver?

AdmiralZhao March 12th, 2010 12:28 PM

He has staled for like 5 of the last 6 turns, so I think he is probably ok with it. :)

the Vanishag March 14th, 2010 12:30 AM

Yeah, sorry about that. I've been busy preparing to move and to start a new job.

I think I could have done more w/ R'lyeh, but this was my 1st late-game experience and I think I misplayed a lot of things. This was a valuable learning experience for me, and I apologize for my recent flakiness.

Well played, everyone, and especial congratulations to Folket for the win.