.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   Dominions 2: The Ascension Wars (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   Modding feedback wanted (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=18163)

Vger March 6th, 2004 07:16 AM

Re: Modding feedback wanted

Hi,

Thanks for asking us. I echo what others have said here regarding monsters and pretenders.

I'm not sure this falls into this Category, but when I've modded some monsters (I piggybacked my changes off of the Healing Gods mod) to regenerate, they don't show the ability in game.

Specifically the various Krakens. My other mods seem to work correctly and the spelling matches other pretenders I HAVE given regenerate to.

Vaya con carnage,
V'ger gone

Teraswaerto March 6th, 2004 09:15 AM

I addition to what others have said (Magic site modding being the #1 lack IMO), the ability the choose/create the list from which names are chosen for the nation being modded would be great.

Also, when giving random magic/sorcery/elemental picks, it should be possible to make some or all of them linked so they are always from the same path. For example 3 sorcery could be set always to be 2/1, and so forth.

A few more.

Choosing what afflictions a creature may suffer.

Affliction editing in general.

For weapons and/or creatures it should be possible to make being hit by the creature/weapon always cause a specific affliction, MR save (or the lack of it) to be specified.

Attacking a creature causes specific affliction, MR save to be specified.

A creature projects a scale or several scales, with variables up to 6, so that Death Made Flesh could shift a province to death 3 even in dominion of growth 3.

Creature may teleport/gate/astral travel/faery trod/stygian paths at will.

Creature reduces/increases the dominion of enemy pretenders/all pretenders.

Creature causes events to occur, either locally in one province or worldwide, these events may be specified.

Event editing in general.

Gateway103 March 6th, 2004 11:40 AM

Not really a request, but more of an thought. In the event that this is already possible, please accept my sincerest apology.

Ability to modify available mercenaries. I.e. add/delete mercenaries, cost, and their troop compositions, etc., for use in specialized scenarios.

-Gateway103

tka March 6th, 2004 12:39 PM

Units
-Susceptible to fire/cold, maybe shock/poison too.
-Mindless
-Ambidextrous
-Specific item slots

Nations
-Add heroes
-Edit/add themes

Unwise March 6th, 2004 01:23 PM

Oh, and as mentioned in another thread, bing able to add and modify the #poptype "nations".

Uh-Nu-Buh March 6th, 2004 07:55 PM

weapon modding that includes X0.5, X2, X3, X4 damage versus certain units. E.g. pikes vs. mounted units should do X2 dge; arrows vs. the undead should do 0.5X dge.

This would be good for spell modding as well. A new fire spell that does X2 vs. cold units; or conversely, a new fire spell that does 0.5X dge vs. cold units....

Nagot Gick Fel March 6th, 2004 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Morag:
-Mindless
<font size="2" face="sans-serif, arial, verdana">AFAIK, mindless units all have a morale of 50, and I don't remember seeing a non-mindless unit with a morale of 50. You should try designing a unit with #mor 50, maybe it gives mindlessness as well.

Kristoffer O March 6th, 2004 08:24 PM

50 mrl = mindless. It should work in modding as well.

tka March 6th, 2004 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Kristoffer O:
50 mrl = mindless. It should work in modding as well.
<font size="2" face="sans-serif, arial, verdana">It works. Thanks.

PvK March 6th, 2004 08:56 PM

Good ideas from others. I may duplicate some, but:

* Ability to add and remove units from the pretenders available to a nation.

* Ability to and and remove heroes from a nation.

* Ability to steal pictures from other units. e.g.
#usepictures <unit number to steal from>

* Ability to add or steal pictures for modded magic items weapons and armor, and of course, ability to forge those items.

* Ability to add or remove items from the list of national items that can be forged.

* Ability to add and remove national spells.

* Ability to add and remove nations and themes from the available list.

PvK