.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   Dominions 3: The Awakening (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=138)
-   -   Managing Communions - the sombre challenge. (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=45501)

rdonj May 3rd, 2010 12:03 AM

Re: Managing Communions - the sombre challenge.

The in joke is that Sombre has been banned from the forums. So if you read something today and didn't quite get it, it's probably about that in some form or another.

Maerlande May 3rd, 2010 12:10 AM

Bull pucker! I have read and reread the rules. In no way did I violate them.

I may have pushed them to extreme limits.

Maerlande May 3rd, 2010 12:12 AM

Oh Peter don't feel too bad. I rarely post anything worth reading. Those who really know me don't bother reading my crap.

Radio_Star May 3rd, 2010 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter Ebbesen (Post 743498)
And now for actually being sombre for a moment: I appreciate the Dom3 forum because it is usually a helpful place, where people stick to discussing topics related to the game in the appropriate subforums until being banned. When somebody has a problem, he can post about it and people will try to help.

I despise the sort of in-jokes that I never get like the OP posted in three (or more?) different threads all including the word "sombre", which has the rest of you who are "in" on it in stiches, trolling this whine and finding it highly amusing that people actually tried to cry answers based on what the OP wrote in his first post. We've ended up with a five pages (and growing) thread where probably only Verjigorm, Graeme Dice, chrispedersen, and Radio_Star are not in violation of the forum rules and with a signal to noise ratio so low that it is nearly sombre.

And if that seemed excessively pointless for some of you, well, so mote it be. I can only hope that this and Maerlande's other recent threads earn a temporary ban and not a sign of things to come. :(

Wait, I'm not in violation? "Moderation in moderation" doesn't cross the line?:mad:

What's a guy gotta do to get banned around here, anyway?

TwoBits May 3rd, 2010 12:15 AM

So this is some kind of protest? Perhaps a little background would be useful. All I got so far is that Sombre (a frequent, fairly useful, sometimes acerbic, contributor here) got banned for some unknown reason, and that plenty of folks are upset.

Is it a genuine jerk move by the Forum mods? If so, explain (or would that violate the forum rules).

Raiel May 3rd, 2010 12:15 AM

Just be Sombre. Be very sombre.

Squirrelloid May 3rd, 2010 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radio_Star (Post 743506)
What's a guy gotta do to get banned around here, anyway?

Does that qualify as questioning the rules? If so... maybe you'll soon be Sombre too.

Squirrelloid May 3rd, 2010 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwoBits (Post 743507)
So this is some kind of protest? Perhaps a little background would be useful. All I got so far is that Sombre (a frequent, fairly useful, sometimes acerbic, contributor here) got banned for some unknown reason, and that plenty of folks are upset.

Is it a genuine jerk move by the Forum mods? If so, explain (or would that violate the forum rules).

I sombrely submit it would violate forum rules. See the scenario + mod forum thread on the subject.

Soyweiser May 3rd, 2010 12:17 AM

Quote:

If so, explain (or would that violate the forum rules).

It is against rules. And we also don't want to violate Sombre's privacy.

Frozen Lama May 3rd, 2010 12:18 AM

Quote:

well yes i suppose. And our benevolent Mods have kindly declined to tell us their side of why a very helpful member got perma banned (which violates their forum rules btw since he didn't get the two temp bans).

or better yet read here: http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=45498