.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   After Action Reports (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=256)
-   -   Victory! (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=50523)

ibol November 17th, 2014 12:24 PM

Victory!

There are 9 different ways to win Approaching Infinity (with a 10th one coming in a later version). The game has already been won by playtesters and kickstarter backers. But now it's time to tell your story. Please Post Screen Shots!

Cyberis January 17th, 2015 11:47 PM

Re: Victory!

5 Attachment(s)
I completed the Amulet of Yendor victory. Here are some stats on that game. The first time I attempted this victory condition I died a miserable death, so this is payback for all those scoundrel races. Long Live the Bankers!!!!!!

I feel so rogueish :D

I don't have an exact playtime in hours but it's somewhere north of 50. I could have done it in half the time but after dying the first time, I decided to bulk up my stats by going several additional sectors ahead.

WOO HOO!!!

zircher January 25th, 2015 03:06 AM

Amulet of Yendor victory on easy + perma-death. Time to crank it up a notch now that I have a good grasp of the game.

zircher February 3rd, 2015 01:23 AM

Humanity's Revenge victory on medium + perma-death. Stupid amount of credits dumped into pay-it-forward, I might be able to survive playing on hard. :-)

ibol February 4th, 2015 02:45 PM

HOLY COW!
I'd be very happy to hear your thoughts on the difficulty of that quest, and anything else you'd like to say about it:
saunders72 at Hotmail dot com

zircher February 6th, 2015 08:45 PM

I think I posted something on beta site, will check.

Also, Firax victory on hard+permadeath. Love the option it gave me on the next new game. I died in sector one, of course. :-)

Lord Felix February 7th, 2015 07:23 PM

I've won by completing the Tentaculon questline at Hard & Permadeath & hacking to be able to go back at critical junctures.

The victory screen is not that impressive!

My goal now is to explore as far as possible, killing every last Monk and Eater on the way (I'm lovey-dovy with all other factions).

I observe that after level 100 or so the space stations often have better loot than I can craft myself, which had not been true for about 60 levels. So my Observer is getting uber. It has a reactor with 3 weapon slots and 6 device slots, and now has about 15,000 in shields.

I've unlocked the Cruiser, but so far haven't found one that even closely is superior to my Observer.

Just hit a sector that has more than 200 planets!

Classic beer & pretzels game!

ibol February 9th, 2015 03:06 PM

:) planet farm! :)

zircher February 16th, 2015 06:53 PM

Add Tentaculon and Vordaine victories to the tally board.

At some point I should probably switch from destroying the enemy to making some with the modding tools. :-D

DamienPS March 2nd, 2015 12:12 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I think that the hardest victory may be the bankers as I've only come across the banker's headquarters twice.

First time - I died.

This time I went with a different victory.

My favourite ship so far is the Pirate Corsair with the built in Comm Jammer.