.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   Weird Worlds: Return to Infinite Space (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=125)
-   -   bug alert? (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=26957)

rocky8311 December 23rd, 2005 05:02 PM

Re: bug alert?

And it's happened again.

New idea: it might have to do with causing two sounds to play to close together: the sound for removing the item from one ship and the sound of switching to another.

The use of the hotkey might be what makes it easier to trigger them so close together.

BTW, this didn't happen to me before the patch.

rocky8311 December 23rd, 2005 05:39 PM

Update...I don't even have to be holding anything for it to crash when I use the hotkeys on the galaxy map to switch between ship views.

That, or it's a procondition that I'm doing well in the game before it crashes every time. >:[

Fingers December 23rd, 2005 05:51 PM

Confirmed the bug, this seems to have something to do with the Muktian ship as switching to any other ship works fine. I'll investigate.

rocky8311 December 23rd, 2005 07:16 PM

It just happened to me with no Muktian ships in my fleet. One time I deliberately tried to trigger it and I couldn't get it to happen. But it just happened to me again. I didn't have an item picked up, but I had just installed one and the sound for installing a system on a ship was still playing as I pressed a hotkey to switch to another ship (I think from ship '3' to ship '1' or the other way around. '3' was the Bloodfang and '1' the Pirate Corvette this time.)

Fingers December 23rd, 2005 07:56 PM

OK, found the actual cause. It has to do with the mouseover state... If you're pointing at a hardpoint that has an item, switch ships, and the next ship has an empty hardpoint of the same index it'll try to display the name of a system in the empty slot and it crashes. I'm surprised this didn't come up earlier as the bug must've been there for a long time.

Foosnark December 25th, 2005 12:08 AM

Just ran into this myself, glad to see it's no longer a mystery.

ImUrOBGYN December 27th, 2005 01:54 PM

I've been having the same problem since the patch. Never a single crash previous to it. If I remember correctly, I was always in the process of doing something with the ships, ie; adding or taking items aways, switching between them, etc. Sometimes I wonder if it's because of hotkeying to fast, but it seems rocky tried that and it's not the case. It's always deep into a game it seems (I like the large maps) and it'd driving me crazy! Ahh... addictions...

Fingers December 28th, 2005 04:19 PM

This was fixed in the 1.11 patch a few days ago...

ImUrOBGYN December 28th, 2005 07:46 PM

Yes, I just saw that before coming back here for your reply. Thx! I'm installin it now.