.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   WinSPMBT (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=78)
-   -   Sudden defensive missions (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=51979)

Wdll July 18th, 2018 02:41 AM

Sudden defensive missions

When you don't get the chance to repair your units and you have an extra mission to defend, are there any extra negatives if you just retreat or is it like a normal defend mission?

Mobhack July 18th, 2018 10:24 AM

Re: Sudden defensive missions

The special battles give extra experience to your troops that participate. Otherwise they are just like a normal campaign battle other than the fact you do not get to repair and upgrade.

Wdll July 18th, 2018 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mobhack (Post 842671)
The special battles give extra experience to your troops that participate. Otherwise they are just like a normal campaign battle other than the fact you do not get to repair and upgrade.

Thank you.
I assume the enemy (AI) is not negatively affected as they don't have a core army.

Mobhack July 18th, 2018 12:38 PM

The AI has no core and does not gian experience.

Wdll July 22nd, 2018 06:27 PM

Just to anyone considering doing the same thing.
During deployment I placed all my units on the exit hexes. The battle started normally and continued till turn 17-18. I had no units on the map. The AI captured all the victory points and after 3-4 turns (wasn't paying attention) the battle ended with a decisive defeat.
They still managed to lose a man, I assume to their own artillery, which is funny.
Was it worth it? For me I think yes as I doubt it I would be able to defend properly.

Imp July 22nd, 2018 08:55 PM

Of course you could have always just skipped it, special battles give you the option.

Wdll July 23rd, 2018 01:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Imp (Post 842812)
Of course you could have always just skipped it, special battles give you the option.

I could? I have to say I don't remember lol. I will check the video later (I haven't edited it yet)

Mobhack July 23rd, 2018 03:30 AM

Some special battles give you the option, others do not.

Of course, you can always skip them by cheating yourself if you really don't want them.

Wdll July 23rd, 2018 03:50 AM

Yeah, I just checked the video, I had no option. Good, I did nothing stupid :)

jivemi July 23rd, 2018 07:02 AM

Learned from bitter experience to skip them whenever there's an option to do so. IIRC any losses in the previous battle count against you in the special one. Why take unnecessary risks if you've already got plenty of experienced units?