.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   Campaigns, Scenarios & Maps (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=106)
-   -   points go negative? (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=52318)

DRG November 8th, 2019 12:28 PM

points go negative?

Has anyone ever run a campaign in MBT where

Quote:

After 3 or 4 battles, the amount of points goes negative and I can't fix damage or expand core.
??

jivemi November 8th, 2019 08:30 PM

Re: points go negative?

Nope. Never happened at this end.

Suhiir November 8th, 2019 08:41 PM

Seen near zero but never negative.

zovs66 November 9th, 2019 01:40 AM

Nope.

whdonnelly November 9th, 2019 09:19 AM

Not in my experience.

scorpio_rocks November 9th, 2019 12:39 PM

Yes - Once or Twice.

It was a generated campaign using a self-created custom OoB with a close to max pointed core. I believe after experience was added to surviving units it went over the "cap" leading to negative points remaining to upgrade / repair / replace. This was a while ago (before the core was limited further to allow AI assault, etc. V12?) so may have effectively been "fixed" by a lower core limit.

Steves308 November 11th, 2019 02:43 PM

No, can't say I have ever seen anything like that, but then I don't play campaigns near the max point level, I'm usually below 20,000 points.

Steves308

DRG November 11th, 2019 03:36 PM

We don't know for sure the campaign was near max point ( or the nations involved or the year......... )

FASTBOAT TOUGH November 11th, 2019 06:55 PM

I saw this only once, I also decided at the very beginning of my time here (2007-2008) just to play the game with maxed out buy points. As you know I generally only play Generated Campaigns against the AI.

I know I didn't get beyond 4-5 battles Cold War early 80'S timeline when this happened. I didn't put together the "experience factor" until I saw Scorpio Rocks response above.

But that makes perfectly good sense to me, since mathematically software would go negative in my "simplistic" understanding of such things.

I would just end up deleting the Campaign anyway as it was a major PITA trying to manage ALL those units. I'm too "hands on" of a player for that kind of headache.

Regards,
Pat
:capt:

Post Script: @ 2207-I just re-read your Post above again so, country wise it would've been either USA vs Soviet Union (Most likely.) or Germany vs Soviet Union (Much less likely.) as I was VERY MUCH in my "Red Star/White Star" mood especially at that time.

Sorry I missed that bit of information but, a clue is a clue.

Pat

Imp November 12th, 2019 04:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRG (Post 846306)
We don't know for sure the campaign was near max point ( or the nations involved or the year......... )

Or the setting easy to hard that effects repair points. Guess would be it rolled over. Never seen this & I have played several 20,000 pointers in the past.